User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frickin’ predictive text. Somehow it turned ‘gas on-demand’ into ‘knee and’. My bad for not spell checking.
    2021 GDRV Reflection 320MKS 5ver (hauled by The Beast)
    The Beast - 2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn, CC, LB, DRW, 6.7L Cummins HO, Aisin 6spd, 4wd
    Previous: 2005 Minnie Winnie Class C towing 2014 Mini Cooper Countryman S (both 4 sale)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 Reflection with Furrion tankless water heater.

Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    A big question I have is how will these hold up to hard water ? is there a descaler mode.. This makes having a water softener a must, whe we researched tankless heaters the one thing I took away was they have to be descaled (if I understood correctly) or they won't last long.

Is this for the kitchen hot water too?
    This is a really good question as this seems to be the Achilles heel of the residential units, followed by actual lp usage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Redapple63; 05-01-2021 at 02:28 PM.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjmnklm View Post
    Frickin’ predictive text. Somehow it turned ‘gas on-demand’ into ‘knee and’. My bad for not spell checking.
    You can edit and then the changes happen in cyber space i think they are screwing with all of us
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Not on Reflection 5th wheels. Only on the 315 and 312 Reflection travel trailers. (at this point)
    Thank you for clarifying @huntr70
    I will reply here in a week with the details of our rig once we pick it up.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS, Reese 16K Goosebox, B&W ball with factory Ford Puck system
    2019 F350 Powerstroke Lariat, SRW, 4WD, 3.55, 6.75' bed, GVWR 11,500# Payload 3342#

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just picked our 2021 31MB up a couple weeks ago. It has the Furrion tankless water heater in it. Dealer said all Reflections coming off the line as of late February are now standard with the tankless. Took it out two weeks ago and absolutely love it compared to a tank water heater.

As some mention it takes about 30 seconds to get the hot water but so does a tank. Showers were 10+ minutes with no fluctuations in temperature! Didn’t notice a difference in LP usage either, but only the first time out. BTUs are BTUs. We’ll have to see if the scaling is an issue long term, but for us it’s a win!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi folks... just to give you an update. We have a brand new 337RLS with the tankless water heater. Truth is, it sucks! Takes about 30 seconds or longer to get warm/hot water to the bathroom, and a lot longer to get it to the kitchen (and yes, I understand the longer the water line run takes longer to purge the cold water from the pipe). The other issue is that once you get warm/hot water, it does NOT last very long... not long enough to take a shower or to wash dishes...

I am just now starting to plow through the forum to see if I am doing something wrong or is just the way the GD Furrion tankless heater is going to operate... thus far, I think it is just the way it is... so now trying to find out if there is a remedy for the poor design.

I have stayed in small resort cabins with LP Tankless water heaters with no issues at all... so I am thinking that this is just a poorly designed tankless water heater for the GD RV's...

Thoughts?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 Reflection with Furrion tankless water heater.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboychincs View Post
    I am just now starting to plow through the forum to see if I am doing something wrong or is just the way the GD Furrion tankless heater is going to operate... thus far, I think it is just the way it is... so now trying to find out if there is a remedy for the poor design.
    As I mentioned in one of the other threads you posted this in, I really don’t think what you have is a normal functioning unit. I, and others, are not experiencing the issue your describing with temperature fluctuations.

I wasn’t convinced I’d be happy with the tankless system, but it has exceeded my expectations and we are pleased.

I hope you can get your issues resolved. It seems to me when they work properly, the tankless units are quite nice.

Last edited by bdelcurto; 05-28-2021 at 10:25 PM.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer to let the campground pay for my hot water. If I need a faster recovery, such as back to back showers, I'll flip the propane on.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    I prefer to let the campground pay for my hot water. If I need a faster recovery, such as back to back showers, I'll flip the propane on.
    That’s a great plan, but it’s not an option with the tankless heaters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboychincs View Post
    Hi folks... just to give you an update. We have a brand new 337RLS with the tankless water heater. Truth is, it sucks! Takes about 30 seconds or longer to get warm/hot water to the bathroom, and a lot longer to get it to the kitchen (and yes, I understand the longer the water line run takes longer to purge the cold water from the pipe). The other issue is that once you get warm/hot water, it does NOT last very long... not long enough to take a shower or to wash dishes...

I have stayed in small resort cabins with LP Tankless water heaters with no issues at all... so I am thinking that this is just a poorly designed tankless water heater for the GD RV's...

Thoughts?
    I had reservations at first, and the wait time is something that requires adjustment, but once the hot water starts flowing, it’s endless. The key is to keep the flow moving. You can experiment in your bathroom with the sink. You’ll see that below a certain flow rate the flame light on the water heater control panel goes off. Therefore, you need to keep the rate of flow above that level and the hot water will go on indefinitely until you run out of water or propane.
    2021 GDRV Reflection 320MKS 5ver (hauled by The Beast)
    The Beast - 2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn, CC, LB, DRW, 6.7L Cummins HO, Aisin 6spd, 4wd
    Previous: 2005 Minnie Winnie Class C towing 2014 Mini Cooper Countryman S (both 4 sale)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast