User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beech Lane Levelers

I didn't find this product mentioned anywhere on the forum, so starting a new thread.

Having just broken my third Andersen leveler in three years (partially my fault, but still...), I ran across these:

https://smile.amazon.com/Beech-Lane-...Blevelers&th=1

They tout a different resin and say they "... don't break like other levelers). They are rated for 5,000 lbs. more than the Andersens and have a non-skid surface on them. Any exposure or experience out there? Anyone hear of the company before?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just my luck, I just ordered the Andersen's today. . . . I'll be following the replies on the "Beach Lane Levelers" . . . . .
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw those the other day on Amazon. Let us know how they hold up if you try them. We just got our 2nd Andersen leveler replaced in less than a year. If they ever stop replacing them I would not buy them again.
    While they do make leveling fast and easy it is a little frustrating that they break and we still feel the need to take wood along just in case.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SC Rob - Interesting find. I am still on my first set of Andersen levellers with no problems so far, but I will be interested in what you learn about these new products. From what I know about plastics (which is only enough to be dangerous) Beech Lane has the answer to Andersen saving a few cents on their plastic formulation.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a question on these types of levelers. Do you pull up on them and when you get level put the chock behind the wheel?

Also, do you have to hook up and pull on camper to get chocks out and then back off levelers?

If this is true it sounds a little bit like a pain in butt to use....
    I have never used these so just wondering. Input would be great.

Brian

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Just a question on these types of levelers. Do you pull up on them and when you get level put the chock behind the wheel?

Also, do you have to hook up and pull on camper to get chocks out and then back off levelers?

If this is true it sounds a little bit like a pain in butt to use....
    I have never used these so just wondering. Input would be great.

Brian
    Yes to both - very easy. I use a LevelMatePRO (Bluetooth connected leveling device) and can sit in the truck cab and tell when the trailer is level side-to-side looking at my phone. I then drop the front landing gear and use the LevelMatePRO to level front-to-back. Whole thing takes me about 5 minutes (less when leaving). SO much easier than any other method if you don't have auto-leveling (which we don't).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    I was unable to determine from the pictures what plastic they are made from. My guess is a glass filled nylon. Usually in the 30-50% glass filled range. It would make them just about indestructible except by 450F heat and higher. Also black is the most stable color for plastics in regards to UV protection. Red and orange being the worst.

Regards,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    ...I use a LevelMatePRO (Bluetooth connected leveling device) and can sit in the truck cab and tell when the trailer is level side-to-side looking at my phone. I then drop the front landing gear and use the LevelMatePRO to level front-to-back. Whole thing takes me about 5 minutes (less when leaving). SO much easier than any other method if you don't have auto-leveling (which we don't).

Rob
    We also use the LevelMatePRO!
    It’s an awesome product, works perfectly every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post

I had the Andersen levelers for years from my pre-auto level days. I can say from an ease of use standpoint, auto-level is the only thing easier.

To answer those questions, yes, you place the longer pieces (one under each tire on a tandem) and pull forward to the thicker end until the desired height is obtained (I think it gives 4" of lift), then put the smaller piece of the leveler behind the tire to hold it in place.

To get off, you simply pull forward. Literally takes minutes. I wish I had a commission from every person that watched me set up, came over and said how amazed they were, and bought a pair.

Regarding durability, I am only a sample of one, so I can't say anything other than I used mine for years before auto autolevel and still carry them for the really bad situations that would leave a wheel off the ground post auto level. No issues for me...yet; although now used very rarely.

Out of curiosity, I went to Andersen's and Beechlane's website. Andersen does state "Life time part replacement" (you pay shipping). Beechlane isn't spending much on their website, so not sure about any warranty.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like they put the non-skid on the wrong side of the leveler. There is no advantage to putting it on the tire side of the leveler as the traction issue is between the leveler and the ground. The tire isn't looking for traction.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast