User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We toured the factory not once but twice. Almost to the day a year ago today and just last month. We did not see any robots building any trailer on any line. They are built by and large by human beings.

If you toured any Reflection before purchase you would never have seen any sink covers. While it could be assumed you would get them no where have they been shown to be included because they are not. I know for many people they assumed they would be included but it's not the case.

When we picked up our unit our dealer did mention the table touched the island when the slide was in, they fixed it by moving it back a bit, a bit to far as we later found out when we tried to pull the blind down but hey pulled a few screws and we fixed it up just fine. We also had a pendant light fall and break during transit to the dealer, they mentioned it and had it replaced within two days. Our unit landed on their lot on Sunday and we took it Wednesday. Our dealer did a great job on their PDI.

We did have an issue with a defective rim, Grand Design and our dealer has been behind us all the way in dealing with the importer and getting the issue addressed and fixed. All customer service support has been totally amazing from the factory.

I also see some light around the door but we had buckets of rain hitting the door and we had our trailer through a truck/trailer wash with not one drop of water inside the unit. It's not even an issue.

We had the infamous shower leak, we were aware of that due to this forum and a tube of cheap caulked fixed it. As it does not seem to be a problem on the forum as of late I think Grand Design may have addressed it during construction, as they did with the awning problem and fridge failure. Grand Design seems to pay attention to forums and common issues, addressing them at the factory as fast as they can. They seem to be very proactive in their approach as compared to some other manufacturer forums my husband and I follow.

I know that these RV's are a huge investment of time and money. Ourselves we took over two years and a trip to several factories before making our choice on Grand Design, in fact even after the first factory tour last October we only bought in June because we were still agonizing over "are we making the right choice". Truth be told not one RV is 100% problem free. They are rolling houses. Very very few units come off the line perfect. Humans make them and we ain't perfect yet. Sorry to say but attitude goes along way in getting support. For your part, most of your issues are cosmetic, one your assumption and lack of homework, one a third party supplier (the outside fridge) and two should have been caught during the dealer's PDI so you should have never seen it. I don't see anything that warrants a free ac unit for compensation, personally I would get my back up as a customer rep if someone demanded that of me.
    Lostincanada and Jahna
    AKA Derek and Tatjana plus our pups Shadow and Nani
    2012 Ram 2500
    2015 Reflection 337
    Hailing from Southern Ontario Canada

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GM, sorry you have had issues. Others that have had issues had great results getting them fixed. Maybe you caught
    CS on a bad day. Just curious, do you remember who you spoke with?
    By the way, welcome to the forum.
    We had a few minor issues at pick up but all were taken care of by our dealer. Our biggest issue was getting locked inside
    The lock was replaced.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum GMRetired, sorry you are having issues with your new Reflection.

Normally when someone comes on a forum and their very first post down grades the product, company, etc; you have to believe they are just trolling, but I am happy you replied to some of our members about their responses. That makes me believe you are not trolling. Please understand that the majority of the members here love their Solitudes, Reflections, and Momentums and have had issues with them. As the Moderator of this forum I read every thread and post, you are the first person that has had something negative to say about Grand Designs' Customer Service. We all have dealt with the "company" and have nothing but good things to say about the treatment and service we have received and for that reason, we find it hard to believe that you were treated the way you said you were by Grand Design Customer Service. Notice, I said hard to believe, not that you were not treated that way. My only suggestion would be contact Grand Design Customer Service and ask to speak to a supervisor and let them know how you were treated and what was said. I for one would really like to know how your follow up with them goes.

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had a punch list of items as well, but most of them were minor and I repaired them myself. It would have taken longer to take to the dealer than the few minutes each repair took to complete. Yes, one of them was the shower! I expected it as I had read about it on the forum, 20 min. fix! We had a few communication issues with our dealer, but I contacted GD customer service directly and Dean has been very helpful. After a few pictures to verify the defective items, the parts were in the mail. I have been impressed with the factory support so far. The sink covers would be nice, but our dealer explained they weren't available in the Reflection as they are in the Solitude. One of the small negatives to go with the many positives! All in all, this is our 4th Rv, and we wouldn't give up our Reflection. Second thought, when we get closer to retirement I might trade it for a Solitude!
    Sean and Donna Duling
    2015 Reflection 337rls #627
    1996 F-350 CC 4x4 DRW 7.3L
    Ferndale Wa.

GMRetired
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve and Cill View Post
    Welcome to the forum GMRetired, sorry you are having issues with your new Reflection.

Normally when someone comes on a forum and their very first post down grades the product, company, etc; you have to believe they are just trolling, but I am happy you replied to some of our members about their responses. That makes me believe you are not trolling. Please understand that the majority of the members here love their Solitudes, Reflections, and Momentums and have had issues with them. As the Moderator of this forum I read every thread and post, you are the first person that has had something negative to say about Grand Designs' Customer Service. We all have dealt with the "company" and have nothing but good things to say about the treatment and service we have received and for that reason, we find it hard to believe that you were treated the way you said you were by Grand Design Customer Service. Notice, I said hard to believe, not that you were not treated that way. My only suggestion would be contact Grand Design Customer Service and ask to speak to a supervisor and let them know how you were treated and what was said. I for one would really like to know how your follow up with them goes.

Steve
    Hi Steve,

In my post after I stated my issues I asked if anyone else had experienced issues or if they had any advice for me. I certainly was not trolling. I was just seeking advice. I was pretty frustrated with all that has not been right with our 5th wheel and with how my conversation went with customer service. I understand that these RV's are built to travel down the road at 70 miles per hour, as one person posted, and that mistakes happen during production. However, I don't think it's too much to ask when spending this kind of money that the 5th wheel should be in pretty decent shape when you go to pick it up. It has taken two weeks to get all the repairs taken care of and that seems rather long to me. Trust me I would have loved for my first post to be about how happy we were with our 5th wheel instead of all the problems we have had. TucsonJim was one of the few people on the forum that replied to me with any kind of helpful advice and I appreciate that. A few so much as said I was making things up or not telling the truth which I didn't appreciate nor deserve. I have received a message from Janice from customer service asking for my VIN and phone number. My wife also sent Mr Fenech a lengthy message this morning. Hopefully they will listen to our feedback and we can have a better customer service experience. For the one who posted my list of complaints didn't warrant a free AC unit, trust me I didn't ask for that until after the rep already had me riled up from his poor attitude. Also, a lot of people have posted that they too have had issues on delivery, that just doesn't seem ok to me. Yes, you all had better customer service experience than us but why should we even be having these issues in the first place?!

GMRetired
    Quote Originally Posted by 1970kw View Post
    We have had a punch list of items as well, but most of them were minor and I repaired them myself. It would have taken longer to take to the dealer than the few minutes each repair took to complete. Yes, one of them was the shower! I expected it as I had read about it on the forum, 20 min. fix! We had a few communication issues with our dealer, but I contacted GD customer service directly and Dean has been very helpful. After a few pictures to verify the defective items, the parts were in the mail. I have been impressed with the factory support so far. The sink covers would be nice, but our dealer explained they weren't available in the Reflection as they are in the Solitude. One of the small negatives to go with the many positives! All in all, this is our 4th Rv, and we wouldn't give up our Reflection. Second thought, when we get closer to retirement I might trade it for a Solitude!
    Our dealer called to tell us they ordered the sink covers because they were missing. The customer service rep from Grand Design did tell me the sink covers were ordered the same day as the mini fridge. He told me that prior to our conversation going down-hill. Glad to hear you like your Reflection, we are looking forward to finally getting ours tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GMRetired View Post
    Our dealer called to tell us they ordered the sink covers because they were missing. The customer service rep from Grand Design did tell me the sink covers were ordered the same day as the mini fridge. He told me that prior to our conversation going down-hill. Glad to hear you like your Reflection, we are looking forward to finally getting ours tomorrow.
    GMRetired,
    Hope your experience gets better. We have been frustrated a bit too, but most of the issue was lack of communication with our dealer and their service department. I'm sure once you get a trip or two under your belt away from the campground at the dealership you will love your Reflection too. Good luck tomorrow!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GMRetired,
    I too hope your experience gets better. I have had a few issues since my delivery in February of this year. Some were due to my learning curve as this was my first 5th wheel. Grand Design has always been prompt to resolve even simple issues. The dealers and service centers have caused most of the confusion and I have been to three over my travels in California, Arizona and Montana. The dealers did fix all the issues, it just took many calls and several drop offs for each occurrence since I have been traveling almost the entire time. Also the dealers required payment upfront, then credited as they received payment from GD. My last dealer I am still waiting for a check of over $300 in warranty repairs. (checks in the mail) Bottom line my experience with my Reflection has been great, the quality great, Grand Design support also great. Wish you the best in your travels in your new Reflection once the bugs are worked out.
    Gary
    Hamilton, Montana
    2014 Grand Designs Reflection 293RES #0477
    2013 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GMretired,
    We have had our reflection 303 for 9 months and have had a number of issues, some minor some a bit more serious. I can tell you that in all my dealings with GD customer service I have had only positive responses with helpful advice and great follow-up. I concur with Tusconjim once I got these issues resolved I have had no further problems. We now have over 7,000 miles on our unit and are on the road now as a matter of fact, we have had no problems on our last three trips. These are like our houses, we don't run to the builder whenever something goes wrong or breaks. I have found that our unit is very well built and all of the problems we have had have been with OEM equipment. Hope you get your unit soon with no problems.
    Horst, Marlene & Jack, Turlock-CA.
    Reflection 303RLS,
    01 Chevy 3500, 6.0L gas, DRW, 4:10 Gears.
    One big giant (140lbs) chocolate lab Jack.

GMRetired
    Today we picked up our Reflection 29RS from the dealer and they had all our issues fixed. We also received a call from Jerry McCarthy, Vice President of service at Grand Design. He spoke at length with my wife and he apologized greatly for how the customer service rep spoke with me. Jerry assured her that matter would be taken care of as they always strive to have happy customers and they take customer service very seriously. My wife explained to him that my initial call was just to inform them that we were worried about the problems and we just wanted them to be aware. She also described how the conversation went downhill quickly. He gave us his direct number to call if we have anymore issues and assured us that he would see to it that everything was addressed. He asked who said they wouldn’t reimburse for the second ac unit, was it the dealer or Grand Design. She told him the Grand Design service rep. Jerry said “Well that’s the least we could do for your inconvenience.” My wife reinforced that none of this was about getting reimbursed, we were just worried about if we had made a mistake in choosing to purchase from Grand Design, that we just wanted to know that if we had more issues that they would be there for us and willing to help. Jerry said, you pay a lot of money for your RV and it is not unreasonable for you to expect it to be in great shape when you take delivery. He apologized that the unit left the factory without everything being right. Jerry’s customer service skills were top notch and nothing like what I had experienced with my first call. Oh, and for the robots he said they do have automation on the fiberglass or lamination line. We feel a lot better after talking to Jerry and we are looking forward to our first camping trip with our Reflection.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast