User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Levling questions and help needed

Anybody,

I am a new owner of a Reflection 150 260rd. Was playing around with my new RV with manual in hand, and was on the page of leveling. When I was using the auto-levling feature and that the leveling system did lift one of the RV's tires off the ground, which according to the manual is a major no no !!!! Reverted everything back to the hitch mode, and started over. Mind you, the RV was sitting on a semi-level piece of cement (driveway). Tried the self-leveling system again and noticed the same thing happening. I did read that the RV HAD to be level before the movement of the slide-out. Below are the current steps am I doing to setup my new RV.

1. Park the RV.
    2. unhitch the camper from the truck.
    3. put blocks under leveling jacks.
    4. Connect power from RV to house or campsite power.
    5. Start the self leveling system ( level RV )
    6. With camper level, proceed to move slide-out into position.
    7. Open up camper, put awning out and etc.
    8. Enjoy new RV

With the above being said, is there something I am missing in my leveling process or is there more to leveling that I should do? Should I being doing the leveling manually first, or leveling front to back or side to side first then using the auto-leveling system? The manual itself did NOT say either way. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.
    GMC Sierra 2500 HD short box with oem puck system
    6.6 litre Gas V8
    Grand Design Reflection 260rd
    Demco 18k Hijacker Hitch with 25k rail kit system

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Step zero should be "use leveling 'boards' under the tires to achieve side to side level as close as possible"
    These things work better when you are close to level to begin with, lol
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanmi96 View Post
    Anybody,

I am a new owner of a Reflection 150 260rd. Was playing around with my new RV with manual in hand, and was on the page of leveling. When I was using the auto-levling feature and that the leveling system did lift one of the RV's tires off the ground, which according to the manual is a major no no !!!! Reverted everything back to the hitch mode, and started over. Mind you, the RV was sitting on a semi-level piece of cement (driveway). Tried the self-leveling system again and noticed the same thing happening. I did read that the RV HAD to be level before the movement of the slide-out. Below are the current steps am I doing to setup my new RV.

1. Park the RV.
    8. Enjoy new RV

With the above being said, is there something I am missing in my leveling process or is there more to leveling that I should do? Should I being doing the leveling manually first, or leveling front to back or side to side first then using the auto-leveling system? The manual itself did NOT say either way. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.
    I find the most common mistake is trying to use auto leveling while not leaving enough room in the front jacks for the auto leveling to fully adjust without raising the rear up off the ground. Recommend not pulling the adjustable pin on the front jacks more than 5 holes down. The more it can adjust in the front the less adjusting by the rear is needed.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody,

1. Park the RV.
    8. Enjoy new RV

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your list except that it's missing the step that @J Maguire has wisely noted above.

OTOH someone above has advised you to purchase wheel blocks to level your trailer's wheels before using auto-levelling. We've owned a Reflection and a Solitude (electric and hydraulic jacks) over several years and many camp sites and have never done this, even on uneven sites.

Finally, it's possible for your leveling system to lose its memory of what "level" is, something that can happen when the controller loses power due to a dead battery or a disconnection. Once sufficient power is restored, the trailer is leveled using the jacks in manual mode and a construction level, and then the leveling system memory is reset following a simple procedure. (The procedure differs among the several Lippert systems so have a look on the Lippert web site for your system and the reset instructions specific to it.)

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone,

Thanks for all your advice on this. I will look into this alot more once the weather isn't sooooo cold. In really appreciate everyones help on this

Thanks again

Sean
    GMC Sierra 2500 HD short box with oem puck system
    6.6 litre Gas V8
    Grand Design Reflection 260rd
    Demco 18k Hijacker Hitch with 25k rail kit system

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody,

1. Park the RV.
    8. Enjoy new RV

Here's how we do it:

1. Park rig
    2. Place landing pads/blocks, wood under wheels, if necessary on low side.
    3. Drop landing gear (front jacks) to raise trailer off hitch. Unhitch and drive truck away.
    4. Auto-level.
    5. When auto level complete, open trailer door and load in stuff we carried in truck.
    6. Put slides out, make electrical, plumbing connections, set up inside/outside stuff.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody,

1. Park the RV.
    8. Enjoy new RV

The levelling system (at least the hydraulic one) will sometimes lift a wheel off the ground to get level- perfectly normal.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may be obvious but the lists above need to include chocking the wheels first.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If one side ends up with wheels off the ground and you are not comfortable with this situation, then the only cure is to place enough spacers under the airborne tires before activating autolevel, period. No way around that.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    Step zero should be "use leveling 'boards' under the tires to achieve side to side level as close as possible"
    These things work better when you are close to level to begin with, lol
    Also put the same amount of blocking under the jacks on the same side.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73