User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just great!🤬🤬🤬

Our 5500 is fritzing right now, where it'll run for about 10 seconds, and shut itself down. It's not throwing error codes, either. I'm praying it's just a funky fuel issue.

If it's something major, it's definitely a problem because it's still under warranty.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Tried to build and price a couple of new Solitudes. Gen prep option on the online build sheets but no generator option. I contacted a very knowledgeable sales rep. He showed me an email sent today from GD saying, effective immediately, on all Solitudes and Momentums, the generator option is being suspended due to inability to source the Onan 5500, 6500 and 7000 generators. This will affect retail orders, too. No time estimate as to when the generators will become available. GD recommends getting the gen prep and then offering an after market install by selling dealer once gens can be sourced again.
    I wonder what happens to orders made back in Jan when I ordered?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could be the oil level! They will shutdown on low oil.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased a Solitude in November and it had the Generator Prep in it. It had the box for the Generator and also in the panel inside it had the Start up Guage and switch to turn on Generator. I never asked the salesman just thought it might have been ordered that way. Now that explains why it did not have the generator. Thank you.
    Jim Bonhote, 2021 Solitude 2930RL S Class, 2015 Ford F350 Platinum,

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmer View Post
    I purchased a Solitude in November and it had the Generator Prep in it. It had the box for the Generator and also in the panel inside it had the Start up Guage and switch to turn on Generator. I never asked the salesman just thought it might have been ordered that way. Now that explains why it did not have the generator. Thank you.
    Jim Bonhote, 2021 Solitude 2930RL S Class, 2015 Ford F350 Platinum,
    Back in November, there wan't a problem. It would have been ordered with just the gen prep.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wingman503 View Post
    I wonder what happens to orders made back in Jan when I ordered?
    Depends when it was scheduled to be built. As off this week, all generators are now gone.

Just received a statement letter from Onan saying they are hoping by mid- Summer to be back to a 2-4 week back log.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Depends when it was scheduled to be built. As off this week, all generators are now gone.

Just received a statement letter from Onan saying they are hoping by mid- Summer to be back to a 2-4 week back log.
    This is a bummer. Pretty sure mine hasn't started down the line yet.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoke with the dealership where I ordered my trailer from back in early January. He said that the shortage only effect new orders today and not my order from Jan. I just got my VIN number today.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a Youtube video that address a similar issue with an onboard Onan. Here the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF7qcHwaxjw&t=614s

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wingman503 View Post
    Spoke with the dealership where I ordered my trailer from back in early January. He said that the shortage only effect new orders today and not my order from Jan. I just got my VIN number today.
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you...I have 9 retail orders that are affected by this.

None of which were new orders.

If you received a VIN, ask for the Grand Design confirmation sheet with the VIN on it that shows all the options.
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast