User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “On your truck you can do helper bags which will give you 500lbs, if you need more we can do spring work on your truck. (If done through us we will recertify your truck for the extra weight)“
    Pete & Betty
    2012 F250 Super Duty 4x4 6.7 Diesel
    2015 Reflection 29RS
    Palm Harbor, FL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leons_Bad_Side View Post
    I was looking to upgrade my 5er but the unit we were looking at had a higher rating then what my truck would carry. The salesperson,I know I know, tells me that they have a couple of things that they can do and if I have them done there they will re-certify my truck with a new CCC rating. This is one of the biggest RV dealerships in the country. Does this sound right? He mentioned helper bags and spring work. I do use my TV for other uses then RV’ing so I wouldn’t want to degrade it’s ride more then needed. I was curious if the helper bags could be adjustable or what. Just not to familiar with this area of expertise. I do get a bit of sag now that I think air bags could help with but just not sure about the whole recertification thing.
    I will go against the grain here. With the research I've done it is possible and really not that hard if you can find someone to do it. The reason its nearly impossible to get it done is whoever does it now accept liability for the change and will need to defend themselves in court if called. I'll need to find the information again I had it on my old computer. From what I remember, the actual law says nothing about "certification" etc. The factory original label has to stay and cannot be changed but a supplemental label is added that states the new ratings
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tow vehicles and CCC ratings

Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    I will go against the grain here. With the research I've done it is possible and really not that hard if you can find someone to do it. The reason its nearly impossible to get it done is whoever does it now accept liability for the change and will need to defend themselves in court if called. I'll need to find the information again I had it on my old computer. From what I remember, the actual law says nothing about "certification" etc. The factory original label has to stay and cannot be changed but a supplemental label is added that states the new ratings
    49 CFR 567.7 Requirements for persons who alter certified vehicles

In addition to assuming legal responsibilty for all duties and liabilities and labeling requirements, the alterer has a duty to determine continued conformity of the altered vehicle with applicable Federal motor vehicle safety, Bumper, and Theft Prevention standards.

2020 2600RB,
    2017 Silverado Crew Cab 1500, 6.2L
    Last edited by Chewwi; 03-17-2021 at 01:54 PM.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How’s this?
    “ I understand your concern, a 5th wheels weight is over the rear axle so sagging is less of an issue if we have insured the proper weight of the 5th wheel and truck.

However, if you are still concerned we can add one of two options:

1st: Helper bags – we have spoken about these in the past
    2nd – Spring work – We can add up to 2000lbs of CCC in spring work (we want to just add what would be needed as the more we add the stiffer your ride)”

“ Yes that is correct,

The helper bags we install will give you 500lbs but do not include a compressor.

Your cost would be around $500”
    I would ask him if you will get a new certified payload sticker that supersedes the manufacturers one.

Bet you won't.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to ask your self this question. Are you willing to put the safety of yourself and your family in the hands of a salesman who is just trying to make a buck. For me and my family the answer is no, but that choice is up to you. CCC ratings are not just based on what a vehicle will carry, it also takes into consideration being able to safely stop and maneuver?
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2018 RAM Laramie 3500 DRW
    Retired Navy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV

I was looking to upgrade my 5er but the unit we were looking at had a higher rating then what my truck would carry. The salesperson,I know I know, tells me that they have a couple of things that they can do and if I have them done there they will re-certify my truck with a new CCC rating. This is one of the biggest RV dealerships in the country. Does this sound right? He mentioned helper bags and spring work. I do use my TV for other uses then RV’ing so I wouldn’t want to degrade it’s ride more then needed. I was curious if the helper bags could be adjustable or what. Just not to familiar with this area of expertise. I do get a bit of sag now that I think air bags could help with but just not sure about the whole recertification thing.
    That's your life you're talking about! Remember the dealership won't be there to put your battered body back together. Also, the bigger the dealership, the less they have to lose. I bought a bigger TV so I don't have to worry. I've been in rehab after a bad auto accident. It's no fun and after seven years I still have some discomfort.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How’s this?
    “ I understand your concern, a 5th wheels weight is over the rear axle so sagging is less of an issue if we have insured the proper weight of the 5th wheel and truck.

However, if you are still concerned we can add one of two options:

1st: Helper bags – we have spoken about these in the past
    2nd – Spring work – We can add up to 2000lbs of CCC in spring work (we want to just add what would be needed as the more we add the stiffer your ride)”

“ Yes that is correct,

The helper bags we install will give you 500lbs but do not include a compressor.

Your cost would be around $500”

Bag will do nothing for your CCC. They are only for leveling purposes.

I had to have an extra spring put on my 2018 F250 so I could tow my 2018 GD 320MKS. The installation was done through the RV dealer (Lazy Days - Tampa) but done at a place called Tampa Springs. Once they added the extra leaf spring they issued me a new DOT sticker with the increase values that is on the inside door panel near the MFG's sticker. The extra spring gave me an extra 450 LB's of CCC and keep me within my CCC limits with the pin weight of my GD. All this kept me within the limits of my rear axle and I didn't have to upgrade tires either.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=DavidDillow;358564]Bag will do nothing for your CCC. They are only for leveling purposes.

I had to have an extra spring put on my 2018 F250 so I could tow my 2018 GD 320MKS. The installation was done through the RV dealer (Lazy Days - Tampa) but done at a place called Tampa Springs. Once they added the extra leaf spring they issued me a new DOT sticker with the increase values that is on the inside door panel near the MFG's sticker. The extra spring gave me an extra 450 LB's of CCC and keep me within

This is the first time I have ever read anywhere of someone getting a new DOT sticker.
    Can you please explain in detail just what is involved, and the cost?
    This is incredibly good news if true. Many people on many boards will want to know. And quite a few people will not have to trade trucks anymore.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=huntindog;358570]
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDillow View Post

I had to have an extra spring put on my 2018 F250 so I could tow my 2018 GD 320MKS. The installation was done through the RV dealer (Lazy Days - Tampa) but done at a place called Tampa Springs. Once they added the extra leaf spring they issued me a new DOT sticker with the increase values that is on the inside door panel near the MFG's sticker. The extra spring gave me an extra 450 LB's of CCC and keep me within

This is the first time I have ever read anywhere of someone getting a new DOT sticker.
    Can you please explain in detail just what is involved, and the cost?
    This is incredibly good news if true. Many people on many boards will want to know. And quite a few people will not have to trade trucks anymore.
    OP can correct me if I’m wrong but It’s not technically a new sticker it’s a suplimental sticker that states the new limit. It’s been discussed but no one wants to admit it’s possible. Whole belief systems would collapse
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDillow View Post

I had to have an extra spring put on my 2018 F250 so I could tow my 2018 GD 320MKS. The installation was done through the RV dealer (Lazy Days - Tampa) but done at a place called Tampa Springs. Once they added the extra leaf spring they issued me a new DOT sticker with the increase values that is on the inside door panel near the MFG's sticker. The extra spring gave me an extra 450 LB's of CCC and keep me within my CCC limits with the pin weight of my GD. All this kept me within the limits of my rear axle and I didn't have to upgrade tires either.
    Could you provide a picture of the new sticker?

2020 2600RB,
    2017 Silverado Crew Cab 1500, 6.2L

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast