User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    So you leave 5 gallons in the Black Tank even if the Rig is not going to be used for 4 months?
    What about the Fresh Water and Waste Water tanks, do you leave water in them too?
    You have got excellent advice above. I use the Geo Method and after final stop at dump station, and when I get home, I put about 5 gal of water and my Geo Method solution in tank and leave it. I have never found a need to add chemicals on next camping trip.

I have not found that the Geo Method solution to keep my black tank sensors clean, but have never found that to be an issue.

Personally, I find no need to leave water in fresh or grey tanks, but it sure won't hurt anything.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    So you leave 5 gallons in the Black Tank even if the Rig is not going to be used for 4 months?
    What about the Fresh Water and Waste Water tanks, do you leave water in them too?
    Yes. I even leave 5 gallons of water (plus a little antifreeze that washes down) in the black tank over the winter. I am in Colorado we get well below freezing. Never had a problem.

I drain the grey and fresh tanks as completely as I can at the end of each trip. If I get any order from either (I have 2) of the grey tanks, I will add a little deodorizer (geo method) and 3~5 gallons of water at the start of the next trip. Nothing but sanitizer solution (every spring) or fresh water goes in the fresh tank.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do similar to what others are mentioning above except, I would drain the fresh water tank and leveling the drain valve open to let it air dry if we weren't going to use it for an extended period of time.

Note: I store my TT in my RV bay in my garage at home so not need to worry about any rodents looking for a good nesting site. If I parked it outside, I would likely close the drain.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add to all the great advice you received, you should also add some water in your gray as well. This will keep the gasket on the gate valve from drying. BTW, I also add the geo method to our grey tank via the sink. Help to keep those sensors clean.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    https://kleentank.com/the-geo-method/ this is what a lot of us do. No chemicals and it will keep yours sensors clean.
    This is what we do as well as Happy Camper toilet product for breaking down tissue and what not.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Pure Power Blue. You pour it in your commode and down a drain (shower or sink). I’ve been happy with it. I don’t like the pods. Too many times they come thru the hose “whole”.
    Grab a box of latex or rubber gloves to keep for dumping tanks or a pair of gloves to keep just for handling your hose/dumping tanks. Hand sanitizer or soap / paper towels.
    When you pick up your RV...be sure to take the caps off the dump lines. I didn’t and I like to have never got them off. Took WD-40 and several minutes of “tapping” around the cap to break it loose.
    Ask during your demo how often to use the black tank flush system.
    We don’t put toilet paper in our black tank. I have a large cereal Rubbermaid container with a lid in the bathroom where the tp goes. Use Walmart sack - empty trash daily. We only use the wipes. So far only liquids have been in the tank. We use the bathhouse for the serious business. Not always an option though. Never had an issue or had any smell.
    Good luck. Enjoy.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geo Method.

https://kleentank.com/the-geo-method/ this is what a lot of us do. No chemicals and it will keep yours sensors clean.
    We have been using the Geo method for a few years. Have not had a problem yet!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The link doesn't give clear directions on how to make the solution, how do you do it?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raggdoll View Post
    The link doesn't give clear directions on how to make the solution, how do you do it?
    If you look at the very end of the article they give the instructions. This what we use only I put a full cup in the black tank and we use the liquid Calgon.
    Here’s how to make your own:

Purchase or find a clean, one-gallon (128-ounce) bottle

Pour in 40 ounces of Pine-Sol (generic or alternative pine-based cleaners can also be used)

Pour in 4 ounces of Calgon (we like the bath beads)

SLOWLY pour in water to fill the one-gallon bottle (it will foam like crazy and take time to fill completely)

Gently shake

For most holding tanks (both black AND gray; 30-50 gallons in capacity), pour in four ounces (1/2 cup) EVERY time you empty your holding tanks. A one-gallon bottle of this solution will give you about 50 tank treatments, all for a cost of roughly ten dollars

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, didn't the article say something about using Dawn dish soap? It didn't give measurements on that?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast