User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure but you may need a different charger for the Lithium batteries. Most WFCO chargers aren't good for Lithium batts.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMuffin View Post
    Depends on your model. On my 2500RL I found a bunch of unused space behind the converter/fusebox. Passthrough would probably be my next choice because the electrical cutoff switch is there, so there's wiring there. Under the bed works if you can get wiring there--would probably involve dropping the coroplast on mine and that's too much for me.
    Our trailer has a similar TV cabinet as yours with the power panel installed at the bottom and I had the same thought as you. So yesterday, I removed the power panel and there is plenty of room on the floor the cabinet to mount a string of lithium batteries. Now I'm trying to figure out a way to make an access panel so I can get at the cells without it looking like a botch job. Our trailer cabinetry is greyish brown color that is hard to recreate. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Not sure but you may need a different charger for the Lithium batteries. Most WFCO chargers aren't good for Lithium batts.
    You are correct the charger in our power panel (WF-8955PEC) that is in our trailer now doesn't put out a high enough voltage for Lithium. WFCO makes a replacement lithium charger unit (WF-8950L2-MBA) that will fit inside the bottom of our existing power panel.
    Last edited by BeerBrewer; 04-12-2021 at 07:37 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    Our trailer has a similar TV cabinet as yours with the power panel installed at the bottom and I had the same thought as you. So yesterday, I removed the power panel and there is plenty of room on the floor the cabinet to mount a string of lithium batteries. Now I'm trying to figure out a way to make an access panel so I can get at the cells without it looking like a botch job. Our trailer cabinetry is greyish brown color that is hard to recreate. Any thoughts?

You are correct the charger in our power panel (WF-8955PEC) that is in our trailer now doesn't put out a high enough voltage for Lithium. WFCO makes a replacement lithium charger unit (WF-8950L2-MBA) that will fit inside the bottom of our existing power panel.
    I got the drop-in lithium-compatible charger (PD4566LIV) and it works great. I installed my battery (home build pack) through the power panel hole, along with the wiring and busses needed. It wasn't worth the frustration, I felt like I was trying to build a ship in a bottle at some points. If I did it again I'd pry the front off the whole cabinet and find a way of making the whole front removable. Maybe build an inner frame to screw the panel to with new edge molding?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12