User Tag List

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "why can I only put 20 gallons into a 32 gallon tank" You can only put 20 gallons in it because it never completely drains. 12 gallons remain in the tank when there is no more fluid coming out.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob...if you get to the point where it's burping back through the sink, can be continue to add water and it's still drains, burps and all. That could be confirmation that the vent line is too far into the tank, not the drain line. Could you still add until you have standing water in the sink and see what the capacity is.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim,
    You raise an interesting alternative. I was looking at the 2/3 full light on the monitor and thinking that this corresponds to 20 gal in a 30 gal tank . . . Hmmm ? Why would the bottom third of the tank not drain ?

Dave,
    The sink drain "burped" through the last part of gallon 20, but had still standing water when I tried to add gallon 21.

I went back and re-read the advice from GD and this is to cut and lift the drain line between sink and tank.
    It will be a couple of days before I can unload the basement to remove the access panel and go looking to confirm three vent lines into the stack. In hindsight, it never did make sense that a tank would vent into an under sink cabinet.
    Thanks for the knowledge on the AAV.

BTW, thanks for your insight and suggestions on this. Really appreciated !

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob, I just had a look in the utility area...I hard-wired a PI 50A power protector and still have the access panels off. The galley tank vent line on the 337 connects to the tank in the space behind the breaker panel...will be a tight spot to work.

I think at both the drain and vent lines have to be too far into the tank to explain your results. The waste water tanks that I seen have some slope down toward the drain so I wouldn't think that you'd have 12 gal remaining. That happens with the fresh water tank as you never can draw the full tank volume through the pump as the suction line is on the side of the tank, not from the sump where the drain is.

Before I winterize, I'm going to try your experiment.

Dave

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll see how much water my 337 takes. I'll let you know the results.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess I started this, we have our Reflection in for some general warranty stuff and I told the dealer to check out - they are now waiting for a new tank from GD!

Whoops, I guess Boomer started it.
    Mike & Debbie
    Hot Springs, Ar
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Short Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2014 Reflection 303 (#405)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that I understand that there are separate inlet and vent connections to the tank, I agree with Dave that the most likely explanation for this is that both lines are inserted too far. Does anyone know how these lines are attached or inserted into the tank ? Info from GD is that these can be pulled out . . . Some sort of friction collar ? Bringing the vent line up to the top of the tank should be sufficient since a submerged inlet line should not matter. Planning to replace the tank would seem to indicated that the attachment of the lines is something that can't be adjusted. A common service procedure would be nice to know.
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @mageorge

Mike,
    When your dealer replaces the tank, could you quiz them a little on what the problem actually is ?
    A picture of the removed tank would be great, if you could arrange this.

Thanks
    Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tested the capacity of our galley tank as @Cate&Rob described...I got standing water in the kitchen sink at 21 gal. I'm guessing that the tank vent is submerged first as it was venting through the sink drain on the last gallon added. I didn't ever expect that you'd ever to able to use the absolute capacity of the tank but would expect to be able to have more than 2/3's of the stated capacity. As far as the reduced tank capacity, it really doesn't effect us. We almost never have FHU sites but we usually stay in one place more than 7 days...frequently 2weeks. I'm emptying the gray tanks with a 25 gal tote so the impact isn't great. I'd sure like an explanation though on why it's actual capacity is so much lower than stated capacity.

Dave

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Monica View Post
    I tested the capacity of our galley tank as @Cate&Rob described...I got standing water in the kitchen sink at 21 gal. I'm guessing that the tank vent is submerged first as it was venting through the sink drain on the last gallon added. I didn't ever expect that you'd ever to able to use the absolute capacity of the tank but would expect to be able to have more than 2/3's of the stated capacity. As far as the reduced tank capacity, it really doesn't effect us. We almost never have FHU sites but we usually stay in one place more than 7 days...frequently 2weeks. I'm emptying the gray tanks with a 25 gal tote so the impact isn't great. I'd sure like an explanation though on why it's actual capacity is so much lower than stated capacity.

Dave
    ????. I am not in a position to check ours until January. I will follow this with interest. Thank you guys for taking the time to do this and posting.
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast