User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An additional update:
    I filled out a "contact us" form the other day on the Dometic website. My primary complaint was the poor functionality of the capacitive touch thermostat, specifically the fact that the buttons don't react properly when touched. Here's their response:

"Thanks for choosing Dometic. We typically have this issue with this product. There is a way you can temporarily fix this issue by removing the face of the tstat, ad there is 3 pin points with foam in the inside. Gently remove them, and place them on a table until they puff back up, and gently place them back. To change from Celsius to F’, you will need to press both the up, and down button to change that. In the meantime, I will send you a new face as I have your shipping info via email. Have a good day."

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ Helpful

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted my fix on a different thread on this site, forgot which one. Any way, I have the Dometic a/c as well, and it was loud. Found a lot of air supply (to the camper) air being blown past the white decorative cover and blown into the return air side. Our a/c would not cycle properly as well. Come down to temp and shut off. Here is my repair. The first picture illustrates what Dometic a/c we have.
    The divider that divides the supply air from the return air was fine, while I was in there I added a little more aluminum tape for insurance.
    Notice the gap between the white a/c cover and the tin, this was the problem, air was screaming through this gap.
    The fix, 1/2" foam gap filler from Menards. This is the stuff you can use to fill in a crack in cement before caulking it over, or other uses. It was like $4.00 for 20 feet.
    Notice the little white foam gap between the two pieces of foam. When I reinstalled the cover air still came through here. I used a little aluminum tape to seal that up.

What a difference that made!! Much more air coming out of the ducts and so much quieter!! And now the a/c cycles as it should.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camper AC One.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	12833Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camper AC Two.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	12834Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camper AC Three.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	12835Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camper AC Four.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	12836Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camper AC 5.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	12837

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checked my Imagine 2250RK return air baffle and it is well taped. They didn't skimp on tape either; there was tape at every joint. Someone at GD is listening to customers concerns and taking action. Bought 2018 in March this year.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey TyeeMan, top tip! I'm off to hardware store...……….

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad I could help.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully the final followup to this item:
    Received the new faceplate from Dometic. The buttons now work just as you would expect them to.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 150 Series 290BH
    2017 Chevrolet 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab
    B & W Companion (T/O Ball Mount)
    SBGTF

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The front ac unit was behaving strangely so I checked it based on the great info in this thread. There were big issues in the seal between the input and output plenums with the racetrack wide open to both plenums. After taping up the front unit, I checked the rear unit and came to a different conclusion. I believe that the metal bottom of the forward unit is put on rotated 180 degrees. Hopefully the attached pictures show the perceived problem. First two are the aft unit which is correct, second two are the incorrect fwd unit. (For some reason, the pics with the output vent covers on seem rotated.) Let me know if I am confused. How hard is it to unbolt the bottom plate and rotate it? Are there sealant issues?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 675012BC-FD67-4B76-9520-0DCC5F92014B.jpg   3842CE8B-3D6E-4F11-A9E8-A7B865B7512B.jpg   BE8D0596-16D3-4F8C-9120-2D690CEA46C6.jpeg   A5D605C4-5D2B-4EC0-8409-0BB71CB671C2.jpg  
    2018 Reflection 303rls, MORryde IS
    2017 Ford F-350 CC SB SRW 6.7L Diesel
    Blue Ox Super Ride hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I agree, it looks like the white part (whatever they call it) that the two vents slide into is 180 off. The first two pictures is the correct installation. You'll see 4 black phillips head sheet metal screws recessed in the plastic piece, , one at each corner. Take those out and you can then rotate the plastic piece.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    The front ac unit was behaving strangely so I checked it based on the great info in this thread. There were big issues in the seal between the input and output plenums with the racetrack wide open to both plenums. After taping up the front unit, I checked the rear unit and came to a different conclusion. I believe that the metal bottom of the forward unit is put on rotated 180 degrees. Hopefully the attached pictures show the perceived problem. First two are the aft unit which is correct, second two are the incorrect fwd unit. (For some reason, the pics with the output vent covers on seem rotated.) Let me know if I am confused. How hard is it to unbolt the bottom plate and rotate it? Are there sealant issues?
    Agreed. I see a couple of things. First of all, on all my wiring is on the other side than your showing in pictures 3 & 4. Those visible wires are in the cold air discharge side and they should be in the return air side. Secondly, the while plenum is bolted on backwards.

Jim

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast