User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well one thing I've concluded after reading numerous threads on their products is, MorRyde customer service is excellent. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there is an occasional debond since they're mating two dissimilar surfaces. It doesn't sound like this is a big problem however as this was the first case I've seen of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    MORryde has a regular inspection schedule to catch things before they become an issue. We put over 26K miles on our previous MORryde setup (only have 1,600 on the new one) with no issues. MORryde has a good track record with this suspension and the design is used on passenger busses and other, heavier vehicles. You have to go with what you're comfortable with, though.

Rob
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Well one thing I've concluded after reading numerous threads on their products is, MorRyde customer service is excellent. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there is an occasional debond since they're mating two dissimilar surfaces. It doesn't sound like this is a big problem however as this was the first case I've seen of it.
    It's more likely that the springs have to be replaced due to cracking from age and the rubber drying out - but it's not a catastrophic failure.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bear in mind though, that this is 16k lbs PER AXLE. So with 2 axles at 16k lbs each, the ride might be too stiff for your trailer as well.
    Actually, the one I'm looking at is an 8K axle. Here's the link to Ridewell's page

https://www.ridewellcorp.com/products/trailer/rar-244/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2440003-950px.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	498.3 KB 
ID:	31133
    signature

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting design. That looks very robust. For your Momentum I would think it should work out well. For my relatively light 11k lb GVWR Reflection, that would probably be too stiff of a ride. The lowest weight rating for this design that they carry is 16k lbs. Bear in mind though, that this is 16k lbs PER AXLE. So with 2 axles at 16k lbs each, the ride might be too stiff for your trailer as well.
    Just a comment...I have the Morryde IS on my 303RLS Reflection. They match the rubber shear spring to the weight of the trailer, so the suspension performs very well. I thought long and hard over putting that much money into a Reflection; it kind of makes it hard financially to justify a trade for something else. But, after having a hanger break after a couple of years, and seeing the sorry inadequacy of a stock suspension, coupled with a desire to actually travel, I would never have a trailer without it. Not only do you get a suspension that handles American roads, you get a big dollop of peace of mind. Everyone makes their own calculation based on their needs.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to throw something else into the conversation, https://www.morryde.com/products/air...nsion-control/ Seems similar to some of what has been mentioned in this thread, but the idea that you can lower the trailer for loading/unloading is intriguing. I know nothing about it, just looks like it has possibilities to those with the resources

Also see https://youtu.be/GzNeeQei218 and https://youtu.be/xly1sCfhF1s
    Last edited by John303; 12-15-2020 at 01:25 PM.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In that case I don't see why this wouldn't work for you. This looks like a very robust axle. The company normally builds axles for semi hauler trailers and such, so it should be fine for your Momentum. I would still try and see if you can add a shock kit with the axle. Have you gotten a quote on the price of the axle and for the install?

Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post
    Actually, the one I'm looking at is an 8K axle. Here's the link to Ridewell's page

https://www.ridewellcorp.com/products/trailer/rar-244/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2440003-950px.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	498.3 KB 
ID:	31133

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John303 View Post
    Just to throw something else into the conversation, https://www.morryde.com/products/air...nsion-control/ Seems similar to some of what has been mentioned in this thread, but the idea that you can lower the trailer for loading/unloading is intriguing. I know nothing about it, just looks like it has possibilities to those with the resources

Also see https://youtu.be/GzNeeQei218 and https://youtu.be/xly1sCfhF1s
    This seems like a really nice and trick system. I shudder to think of the cost. I'll send MorRyde an email to inquire.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The company normally builds axles for semi hauler trailers and such, so it should be fine for your Momentum. I would still try and see if you can add a shock kit with the axle. Have you gotten a quote on the price of the axle and for the install?
    Not yet. I think I have a 3 year warrantee on the suspension that comes on my 349M, so I'm going to let that expire before I do anything drastic.
    signature

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not yet. I think I have a 3 year warrantee on the suspension that comes on my 349M, so I'm going to let that expire before I do anything drastic.
    GD gives 3 year suspension warranties now? Do you know what it covers?

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John303 View Post
    GD gives 3 year suspension warranties now? Do you know what it covers?
    Per GD, the structural warranty does not appear to include anything not made directly by Grand Design (the suspension systems are made by Dexter or LCI):

"Grand Design RV, LLC (“Warrantor”) provides this Three (3) Year (“Warranty Period”) Limited Structural Warranty [which begins to run from the earlier of (i) the date of purchase by the original retail consumer purchaser or (ii) when the recreational vehicle is put into service] against certain defects in materials and/or workmanship for the structural components manufactured by, and workmanship provided directly by, Warrantor arising under normal use and service to the structural components (as defined below) for the above described recreational vehicle of Warrantors to the ORIGINAL RETAIL CONSUMER PURCHASER for the Warranty Period. This Warranty only covers material components and parts of the Structural Components actually manufactured by and made by Warrantor and labor provided directly by Warrantor. In addition to the forgoing and the other limitations and restrictions set for in this limited warranty, this limited warranty only covers a recreational vehicle sold to the original retail customer by an authorized warrantor dealer within the thirty (30) day start period set forth above. This Warranty is not assignable to any person or entity."

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast