User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to be clear...my slide was adjusted and lubed and all is well now.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We considered the 260RD when we purchased our 230. I’m not a fan of Schwintek slides. I’ve had trailers with Schwintek slides and haven’t had issues but they were small light weight slides. I would prefer a rack and pinion slide especially when the slide contains a 4 door fridge and pantry.
    I know others may be comfortable with Schwintek slides but I just don’t feel confident that they are reliable. I spoke to a RV tech a couple of years ago about Schwintek slides. He said he hated working on them and wished manufacturers would limit their use.
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having the same wall bowing issue with my 2021 RD260. Have been in constant contact with GD but today this was their email to me. I think this is unsatisfactory. This is straight from their email today.

This is not a defect or a failure, we have vetted this out with a few other units over the past year or two when brought to attention. This is a 150 Series Reflection with the 1” wall. This will bow in the extended position up to 1 ½” based off our investigations due to the weight of the slide room. This is a non-issue and not a defect or failure but rather just a bow in the wall due to associated components.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by badog77 View Post
    I am having the same wall bowing issue with my 2021 RD260. Have been in constant contact with GD but today this was their email to me. I think this is unsatisfactory. This is straight from their email today.

This is not a defect or a failure, we have vetted this out with a few other units over the past year or two when brought to attention. This is a 150 Series Reflection with the 1” wall. This will bow in the extended position up to 1 ½” based off our investigations due to the weight of the slide room. This is a non-issue and not a defect or failure but rather just a bow in the wall due to associated components.
    Sorry I find this funny. This goes right along with a response from SOB camper to a customer about a design issue, they said that campers are designed for a 7 year life span and his problem is not a design problem. Yours is what they are talking about it will last 7 years of average use bowing in and out then totally fail. They know it will last at least till the warranty is up then it`s your problem. I think you can see the humor in there statement now.
    Sorry for your troubles I had to deal with the frame flex issue after going round and round with them I ended up fixing it myself.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by badog77 View Post

So are they saying the exterior wall is only 1" thick? I could see 1.5" thick or better yet 2" thick.
    Last edited by goducks14; 08-13-2021 at 05:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by falconhunter View Post
    Here is a problem we were having with our 2021 260RD. I want to say at this time that Grand Design was willing to take my rig back to the factory to come up with a repair and possibly replace the entire side wall. I wasn’t comfortable with that nor did I want to have all those miles put on my rig and be without for who knows how long so I fixed it myself. Our wall is straight and solid now and the slide works much better, smoother and the repair looks like it belongs there.
    Here is a link to a video of the bow in the wall with the slide out extended. I have an extendable level from the top of the wall to the base of the wall and I have 1” bow in the wall caused by the cantilever weight of the slide out on the wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3GJ...ature=youtu.be

The slideout always looked out of plumb with the wall so I started looking at this more closely. Here is what I found.
    I was standing in the hallway on the top of the stairs and noticed the whole wall was bowing out around the slideout. If you look down the wall towards the rear of the slide you can see a big bow in the wall. It is very obvious when you’re looking for it.

I measured the width of the opening for the hallway at the floor by the bottom of the stairs and it was 27”. Then measured it at the top by the ceiling and it was 27” but when I measured the opening at the top of slideout it was 28”. The wall is bowing out 1 full inch!!

Next, I brought the slide in all the way and measured the opening again at the top of the slideout again and it was 27.25” so the wall flexed ¾” just by moving the slide in. This is way too much movement. All my measurements were done with an empty fridge and I would think they would be compounded with 100 pounds or so of food in the fridge and freezer. Here is a link to what the repair looks like from the inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJtUBtcGYac

I have a detailed material list and step by step instructions as to how to do this repair. I feel this is a much better repair than what GD would have done and they reimbursed me for all my materials and it didn’t void my structural warranty. I did not want my wall replaced, that would have just opened up another can of worms and besides I’m extremely comfortable with my repair. I am a retired architect and home builder and had no problem doing this repair.

Chip

badog77 said:
    Today 05:50 PM
    I am going through the same issue with my 260rd. Is there any way I could get what you have about your repair including the side wall plans they sent you? Also I can't get the YouTube links to work so if you still have those videos it would be great.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is how I fixed the problem, I hope I uploaded it correctly. I no longer have this rig. Chip
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wall bow fix.pdf 
Views:	122 
Size:	983.0 KB 
ID:	36045

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted the pdf of my repair. I no longer have the videos but I do have several photos and you can PM me if you like and I can give you my phone number. Chip

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    So are they saying the exterior wall is only 1" thick? I could see 1.5" thick or better yet 2" thick.
    Yes, the walls are only 1" thick aluminum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much. Looks like a great option for all of us going thru this engineering flaw of GD. It really is to bad they are down playing this issue. Again thank you

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast