Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    and also don't do it if your on a septic system
    I dump my black and grey into my septic system fairly often. Is there something I'm unaware of? The black and grey from the house goes there....
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    I dump my black and grey into my septic system fairly often. Is there something I'm unaware of? The black and grey from the house goes there....
    My bother-in-law built a septic system for his motorhome using two 80 gallon oil drums. He dumps there all the time, should not be a problem.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't fathom, in the spirit of saving $40, dealing with this every single camping trip. Getting out the spill bucket, pouring the waste into the sewer hole (if you're at a site with full hookups, not even interested in hearing the options at other sites), then rinsing the spill bucket clean. Let's assume this nasty task takes 10 minutes each time. That's an unpleasant hour every six trips. I did this mod years ago, way more than 10 hours saved for me. My time is better spent and worth WAY more.

Owning an RV is not a cheap endeavor; I'd advise anyone reticent from parting with $40 for this to think long and hard.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    I can't fathom, in the spirit of saving $40, dealing with this every single camping trip. Getting out the spill bucket, pouring the waste into the sewer hole (if you're at a site with full hookups, not even interested in hearing the options at other sites), then rinsing the spill bucket clean. Let's assume this nasty task takes 10 minutes each time. That's an unpleasant hour every six trips. I did this mod years ago, way more than 10 hours saved for me. My time is better spent and worth WAY more.

Owning an RV is not a cheap endeavor; I'd advise anyone reticent from parting with $40 for this to think long and hard.
    I don’t believe anyone is concerned about the money
    For me it is the fact that my sewer cap now is flush with the side of the trailer. Adding this would make it protrude past the trailer just looking bad and risking it being hit
    A bucket literally takes seconds to deal with. It is 100 percent gray water. My black tank is rinsed multiple times

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Septic tanks and drain field are not designed to handle large quantities of liquid at one time. Large quantity of waste are likely forcing grease and maybe some solids from the tank over into the drain field. If this happens the drain field can get blocked and lose its ability to handle the waste. Ruined drain fields can be expensive to fix.

2020 2600RB,
    2017 Silverado Crew Cab 1500, 6.2L

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added a small screw to stop the unwanted movement.
    I even found a black one in my screw drawer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Valtera Valve.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	33804

Works great. I consider the problem resolved.
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That small screw is a great idea. I taped mine and that is not a great idea.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456