User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Based on your analysis, it seems like the Powermax is the way to go. Personally, I have no experience with the Powermax but I like the idea that it has a switch. I have the WFCO WF-9855-AD which I have not been able to get to work reliably so far. The WFCO WF-9855-LIS has a switch, that's the model I would have gotten if it had been available when I purchased mine. The auto-detect (AD) feature is a good concept that hasn't worked out in practice.
    I must have gotten lucky. My WF-9855-AD has worked right out of the box correctly. When, I choose to use it anyway. With 600 watts on the roof I seldom bother to turn it on to be honest. I installed a toggle switch next to the main control panel where I can just flip the switch if I feel I need to use the converter.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post

I was told by PD tech support (though I haven't confirmed yet since my rig has been in the shop for maintenance since Jan) that the 9160ALV newer versions will support the optional pendant to control the charge wizard. If that's true, I'll be purchasing that since I'll be able to cycle it between bulk and float with a button press if needed. And of course the pendant is an extra cost item.
    I can confirm this. I have the new 9160 and have the charge wizard plugged into it. It’s the PD92201V status remote pendant.
    Jeff & Susan
    With Annie, our dachshund
    2019 Reflection 303RLS #123, TST 507 TPMS
    2019 F-350 XLT 4x4 PSD SRW CC LB Factory 5th Wheel Prep Package
    B&W Companion OEM Hitch

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about anyone else, but I had never heard of Donrowe.com before, which is where I ordered the Powermax converter from. I ordered it Monday, 3/27/23 at 2:00PM. I got it today at 11:30AM. Checked it out to make sure it works as advertised and good to go. Install will maybe be this weekend.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I had never heard of Donrowe.com before, which is where I ordered the Powermax converter from. I ordered it Monday, 3/27/23 at 2:00PM. I got it today at 11:30AM. Checked it out to make sure it works as advertised and good to go. Install will maybe be this weekend.
    Nice. Let us know how it goes.
    2022 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7 Cummins, RamBox, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus, B&W Companion
    2022 Reflection 303RLS, Progressive hardwired EMS, Airborne Sidewinder
    YouTube Chanel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also ordered and installed a Powermax 120A converter/charger based on a recommendation from Dragonfly and my low budget electrical upgrades. This is the one (see link below) that I purchased and love it so far. Now that I have it wired to a switch...I can control when it's on and it controls the mode it's in based on what my LiP04 batteries need. Good luck with yours.

https://powermaxconverters.com/produ...ithium-series/
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I finally got time today to install my Weize 100AH battery and the Powermax PM3-55LKL Lithium Series Converter. The install went well for the most part.
    I was not allowed to install it until today do to getting the Dining room remodel done before Easter, per the LOML. She made the rules crystal clear on that. The battery fit the battery box, but just barely. I did have to extend the lead for one of my components a little - no big deal. The converter - well... I knew going in that it was going to be a cumbersome install because of the location. Total time for the install was about 3 hours for both the battery and converter. I was very disappointed in the leads from the converter to the distribution panel. Whoever at Grand Design did the install should be fired. About 1/3 of the individual copper wires were cut off. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rv battery leads 2023.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	45739.
    No way was proper voltage getting to the battery. It was senseless as there was several inches of extra cable. I did cut the m to proper length and finished the install. I didn't take a picture of the Rats nest in there, but that was my biggest challenge - getting the converter through that mess. I pre attached the leads and ground prior to putting it in place. I think it made the install worse doing that. Kept the old converter - just in case. It's under the seat in the dinette. All in all not really bad, and it Works! (So Far).
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I finally got time today to install my Weize 100AH battery and the Powermax PM3-55LKL Lithium Series Converter. The install went well for the most part.
    I was not allowed to install it until today do to getting the Dining room remodel done before Easter, per the LOML. She made the rules crystal clear on that. The battery fit the battery box, but just barely. I did have to extend the lead for one of my components a little - no big deal. The converter - well... I knew going in that it was going to be a cumbersome install because of the location. Total time for the install was about 3 hours for both the battery and converter. I was very disappointed in the leads from the converter to the distribution panel. Whoever at Grand Design did the install should be fired. About 1/3 of the individual copper wires were cut off. Click image for larger version. 

ID:	45739.
    No way was proper voltage getting to the battery. It was senseless as there was several inches of extra cable. I did cut the m to proper length and finished the install. I didn't take a picture of the Rats nest in there, but that was my biggest challenge - getting the converter through that mess. I pre attached the leads and ground prior to putting it in place. I think it made the install worse doing that. Kept the old converter - just in case. It's under the seat in the dinette. All in all not really bad, and it Works! (So Far).
    Definitely carelessness on the part of the GD installer. Glad to hear that it went well.
    2022 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7 Cummins, RamBox, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus, B&W Companion
    2022 Reflection 303RLS, Progressive hardwired EMS, Airborne Sidewinder
    YouTube Chanel

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

ID:	45739
    Ouch, not a pretty sight.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick update. After 3 days, and not knowing when the converter would kick over to charging I got concerned as the battery was down to 12.8V. I unplugged some external lights that I have on to help keep rodents away from the rig. This morning I went out to check fuses and so on to see if there was anything wrong. I checked the battery again before doing anything else and it was at 13.6 - 13.7V. Apparently everything is working as it should be and I once again Stressed a little over something that just needed a little more time.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, after much consideration, and input on this forum, I purchased a Powermax PM3-55LKL, Lithium series converter. Thanks to @Jomani pointing out some flaws in my thinking on the other Powermax converter I found this series that matches most closely with what I wanted. One thing I liked about the WF9855-LIS was that you had the ability to switch, literally, between charging profiles. I still like the ability to put that switch anywhere you wish in your rig. The Powermax PM3-55LKL also has that ability, plus a fixed output mode, but much easier to do. The selector switch has Fixed output (adjustable between 13 V and 16.5V), 2 Stage (for lithium) which is set at 13.6 (float) and 14.6 (bulk), and 3 Stage (for Lead acid). In fixed output you still dial in the voltage. On the original PM-55LK you had 3 Stage and Fixed output adjustable between 13 V and 16.5V. There are also LED lights to indicate which mode you are in - Green for Lead, Blue for Lithium, and Yellow for Fixed. It was $159.00 on Donrowe.com. Now all it has to do is work...
    Did you purchase the PM3-55LK? I can't find a PM3-55LKL. And, are you still happy with this purchase? I'll be doing the same thing shortly.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast