Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Uh-oh!!!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Here you go my fellow Floridian. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058EOC5M
    great. thanks to both who posted the links.

strange that it said out of stock when I switched from amazon.ca to amazon US Domestic.

probably just a glitch.

That said, I too just purchased the "wand", and will be swishing away on our next trip.

just need to remember to buy another 25' hose to connect to existing to reach inside the camper.
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 6.7 Diesel Platinum SRW 4X4
    Curt Q20 Slider

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caswelld View Post
    Thanks for the thread Steve.

Do you know for sure what caused the blockage?

Not enough water in the black tank after dumping? Not using RV toilet paper? Issues with the dump valve?

Dave
    Not really sure, I assume a TP blockage - we do use RV TP, purchased from Camping World, or Walmart (Scotts RV/Marine). Seemed like plenty of water - so not really sure. Just glad its behind us.
    Steve & Pat
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited MegaCab
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WackyPup View Post
    Getting in late on this, but I have a couple suggestions after you get it working again. 1) Use Happy Camper in your black tank - it is GREAT, works in temperatures from 1-105 (yes, we have camped in both temps.) It is biodegradable and not chemical, doesn't hurt our beautiful world
    2) Don't ever put tp in the tank. Yep, that sounds disgusting, but we were told that by some long-term full-timers, and at the time said - yuck! and did not try their method. Now that we are full time (for 2.5 years) we NEVER put tp in the tank. I got tired of having to be so frugal with tp. If you don't put it in the tank, you can use any kind and any amount.
    THERE IS NO SMELL TO TP the way we do it. - First, do NOT put it in a closed container. Use an open basket, with a walmart bag. Air movement will dry out damp paper & NO SMELL. Second, put stinky paper in dog poop bags and tie shut. This is what the old-timers told us, and I said no way - well guess what - that is what we do now and there is NO SMELL and NO CLOGS and I can buy thick nice tp LOL

Liz
    Hello Wacky - thanks for your suggestions. We do use Happy Camper - a spoonful at each drain - religiously. As for your second suggestion, I've heard of some that do not put TP in their black tank, and many more that do. I guess we're in that camp. Perhaps if this issue continues to be an issue, we may consider options, just not sure we're there yet.
    Steve & Pat
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited MegaCab
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WackyPup View Post
    Getting in late on this, but I have a couple suggestions after you get it working again. 1) Use Happy Camper in your black tank - it is GREAT, works in temperatures from 1-105 (yes, we have camped in both temps.) It is biodegradable and not chemical, doesn't hurt our beautiful world
    2) Don't ever put tp in the tank. Yep, that sounds disgusting, but we were told that by some long-term full-timers, and at the time said - yuck! and did not try their method. Now that we are full time (for 2.5 years) we NEVER put tp in the tank. I got tired of having to be so frugal with tp. If you don't put it in the tank, you can use any kind and any amount.
    THERE IS NO SMELL TO TP the way we do it. - First, do NOT put it in a closed container. Use an open basket, with a walmart bag. Air movement will dry out damp paper & NO SMELL. Second, put stinky paper in dog poop bags and tie shut. This is what the old-timers told us, and I said no way - well guess what - that is what we do now and there is NO SMELL and NO CLOGS and I can buy thick nice tp LOL

Liz
    Family of four with zero issues with TP in black tank

It takes a small amount of maintenance and I use zero additives in my tank

Water water water

I will never bag TP to take to the public trash bins
    That is disgusting

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We agree with the theory that the black tank valve may be letting the liquid out but plugging the pipes with sewage and paper. We have been doing the RV thing for almost 40 years, but until 2017 it was always state parks in Michigan where you dumped only after the stay, or if the tank filled and we used the "blue thing" (40 gal.) to empty some out.

When we got our first new trailer in the 80's. For the first couple of years I had a devil of a time getting the black tank to drain. At some point while flushing out the black tank for the winter a 3-inch plastic disk came out. It was the slug that was cut out with a hole saw when they mounted the outlet to the black tank. It drained nicely for the next 22+ years. That was "that'" problem...

Our 2016 Solitude had the well-known problem of getting your shoes soiled when the travel cap is removed because the bump valve leaks! I solved that problem by cutting off the flange at the drain hose connection and installing a new gate valve with it's own flange. That also allows us to leave both gray tank valves open so they can equalize behind that final gate valve. Now our gray capacity is doubled not matter which sinks are used. My DW and I can take a 15 day vacation without having to dump gray water...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I know we North Americans aren't as used to the concept of using a bidet as Europeans and Asians but I discovered Home Depot has an option that we've been using for a few years both in our rig and our home. Really toilet paper is quite disgusting when you think about it and water does so much better a job at cleaning and is much healthier. No or virtually no toilet paper, just a small amount to wipe away the overspray on yourself and for the toilet seat which can be tossed in the toilet side waste basket. Super easy 2 minutes install.
    https://www.homedepot.ca/product/bro...yer/1001238601

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whew! glad you goter unplugged.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2Don't ever put tp in the tank. Yep, that sounds disgusting, but we were told that by some long-term full-timers, and at the time said - yuck! and did not try their method. Now that we are full time (for 2.5 years) we NEVER put tp in the tank. I got tired of having to be so frugal with tp. If you don't put it in the tank, you can use any kind and any amount.

Exactly what we used to do Liz, no smell, tied up tight in throw away shopping bag & straight into the dumpster. Then we discovered these https://www.homedepot.ca/product/bro...yer/1001238601 and now it's just a little bit of toilet paper dampened by a little bit of water.
    Last edited by Brian Schiele; 03-20-2021 at 05:21 PM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh-oh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Schiele View Post
    OK, I know we North Americans aren't as used to the concept of using a bidet as Europeans and Asians but I discovered Home Depot has an option that we've been using for a few years both in our rig and our home. Really toilet paper is quite disgusting when you think about it and water does so much better a job at cleaning and is much healthier. No or virtually no toilet paper, just a small amount to wipe away the overspray on yourself and for the toilet seat which can be tossed in the toilet side waste basket. Super easy 2 minutes install.
    https://www.homedepot.ca/product/bro...yer/1001238601
    Yeah and no good with kids

Confused where you said it was “healthier “ also

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Last edited by NB Canada; 03-20-2021 at 05:33 PM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Schiele View Post
    2Don't ever put tp in the tank. Yep, that sounds disgusting, but we were told that by some long-term full-timers, and at the time said - yuck! and did not try their method. Now that we are full time (for 2.5 years) we NEVER put tp in the tank. I got tired of having to be so frugal with tp. If you don't put it in the tank, you can use any kind and any amount.

Exactly what we used to do Liz, no smell, tied up tight in throw away shopping bag & straight into the dumpster. Then we discovered these https://www.homedepot.ca/product/bro...yer/1001238601 and now it's just a little bit of toilet paper dampened by a little bit of water.
    There are plenty of us full-timers who have been putting septic safe toilet paper down the toilet for a long time without any issues at all. As soon as it gets wet, it breaks down into very small pieces. Septic safe TP is not nearly as challenging to a tank and waste system as solid human waste. Think about the physics of it. Now, if you don't start out with several gallons of clean water in the tank after each dump and rinse, you're going to have problems whether you put TP down there or not.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast