User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro55 View Post
    Thank you for the effort but it does not "put an end to this" How is the sink you took apart labeled ?? Just because it "looks" metallic does not mean it is.
    Same label as your's has. I stated that in the first sentence of my second paragraph. "Same Chinese brand label."

If you need me to prove it to you, I have that ability.....

Or, better yet, go unscrew yours and look at it. You won't believe anything that anyone has to say unless you see for yourself, so go check it out.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the effort but it does not "put an end to this" How is the sink you took apart labeled ?? Just because it "looks" metallic does not mean it is.
    It's fairly cool here right now and it's pretty obvious that it's metal. Quite cold to the touch, far more temperature conductive than any plastic.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stainless may or may not be magnetic. 400-series grades generally are, and you should be thankful if your sink does not have magnetic attraction because it will be less prone to surface rust. As far as the sound deadening coating on the underside - it us just that and it removes the metallic ring from the sink and provides more of a thud. Your bathroom sink has no coating and a pretty poor stainless too (have them in mine, for now). Steve had it right how you can tell, and if it bothers you that much you can scrape the coating off to prove to yourself. High-end residential stainless sinks have the same coating.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THE most revealing thing is Canada ND's photo and the photo I provided from my sink. They are nothing alike, the # on Canada's sink is the identical # the customer service manager at GD gave as the sink that was SUPPOSED to be installed in my coach. There is no such # or sticker, for that matter, anywhere to be found on the apparently cheap acrylic sink in my coach—such a shame for what appears after one trip to be a beautiful RV.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously ?? I have a high-end stainless steel sink in a high-end home kitchen. It IS coated, but the COATING was never the issue. My high-end sink STILL makes a distinct metallic sound when tapped with a metal utensil, the sink in the coach has NO metallic characteristics (other than the color). The magnet adheres just fine to our home kitchen sink as well, and it has attracted no rust whatsoever in 11 years. If my LEGITIMATE concern bothers you that much, you should refrain from paying them any mind.
    What bothers me is your attitude towards the members of this community trying to help you. Clearly we are not giving you the answers you want to hear. So a better use of everyone's energy and time would be for you to call GD Customer Service and work it out there and with your selling dealer versus bashing a community of experienced owners who try to guide, share and help. Maybe it is a fiberglass sink with faux finish and reinforcing insert at the drain. Maybe it is a coated stainless sink like I put in my home which does not ring because the coating is 30 mils thick. Point being, we are not GD, not the supplier, and your only definitive answer will come from one of those.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, what is your dealer's stance on your concern? Obviously no one here cares anymore....

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ferromagnetism depends entirely on nickel content. Higher Ni grades have a non-magnetic, austenitic microstructure with face centered cubic crystal structure. Lower Ni grades have ferritic and martensitic microstructures, a different crystal structure (body centered cubic), and are magnetic. There are pros and cons to each stainless family in terms of cost, strength, hardness, and ease of forming, but all are true stainless steels with corrosion resistance varying from good to excellent. The magnet test only tells you whether it’s an austenitic grade, generally providing the highest corrosion resistance. I wouldn’t sweat the difference.
    Last edited by dkayak; 06-07-2021 at 06:17 PM.
    Dave and Cathy
    2017 Porsche Cayenne S
    2021 Imagine 17MKE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sink mystery now on the back burner. Definitely not the sink or model number the customer service manager at GD assured me was installed in my coach. However, when researching "UPC made in china," I have found what appears to be the sink in my coach, and yes, they say it is "the highest grade stainless steel available." So whatever, it really seems like a cheapo sink to us. https://aquacubic.en.made-in-china.c...chen-Sink.html
    Last edited by Zorro55; 06-08-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it's made from austenitic stainless (highest nickel content - most expensive grade with maximum corrosion resistance) and has a sound dampening coating on the underside. Sounds like the very best sink money can buy. Looks sharp too.
    Dave and Cathy
    2017 Porsche Cayenne S
    2021 Imagine 17MKE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dkayak View Post
    So it's made from austenitic stainless (highest nickel content - most expensive grade with maximum corrosion resistance) and has a sound dampening coating on the underside. Sounds like the very best sink money can buy. Looks sharp too.
    Wiseguy, LOL.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast