User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snap pads ?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The less distance your legs extend, the more stable the RV is.
    Thus, we went with the red buckets but mind you, 100% of the time we are stationary for at least a week at a time.
    They are Anderson trailer jack blocks with magnets.

IMO, they are only suitable in very level sights. I wouldn't use these dry camping though some folks do.

When traveling and pulling over for the night, we don't use the buckets. RV is a definitely more motion prone without the buckets.

2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdad60 View Post
    The less distance your legs extend, the more stable the RV is.
    Thus, we went with the red buckets but mind you, 100% of the time we are stationary for at least a week at a time.
    They are Anderson trailer jack blocks with magnets.

IMO, they are only suitable in very level sights. I wouldn't use these dry camping though some folks do.

When traveling and pulling over for the night, we don't use the buckets. RV is a definitely more motion prone without the buckets.

I thought they weren’t worth the money, but when we purchased our 2018 Reflection 26RL, I bought them for $20 each. Wouldn’t pay the$60-80 price. I’m here to say it’s the best leveling product I’ve ever purchased. Makes the trailer very stable and easy to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've put SnapPads on all my Class A's and Class C's, and I also did on the 5th wheels. I found that some sites that are concrete and maybe a bit unlevel, front to back, when you raise the 5er so you can unhook, I would not like the rig to move forward or back a few inches. With the pads on the front jacks, there is no movement. Those suckers grip whatever ground there is.
    2021 Reflection 260RD
    2019 Ram 3500 SRW Diesel ( yea it is a bit of overkill )

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First thing I added would do it again.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatt View Post
    Who's using them, and are there any benefits to their use ?
    We really like ours and will recommend them. We use to use the yellow blocks, and still do for extreme out of level sites. One of the biggest pluses that we have experienced is no imprint. If you just put down the regular landing pad on asphalt, like many driveways are, or you use the yellow blocks, it will imprint into the asphalt and leave the impression behind. We found out the expensive way. Also the yellow blocks and red buckets we found do slide around if they are on a hard surface That is not level. The snap pads have not left any impression in asphalt that we have ever seen.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We like them. Gives me a more stable surface nearly all of the time without the wood pads. They are always there. Great on gravel. and asphalt.
    Matt
    2021 Momentum 376THS FW
    2020 Ram 3500 HO Cummins DRW LB
    B&W Companion 25K Splendide Washer and Dryer Separate DV6400X

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The larger footprint helps in soft, wet or muddy surfaces. Also helps with irregular surfaces such as gravel.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Takes about 2 minutes to put a piece of wood under. Not worth the price IMO.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we finally got that horse I promised my wife to get her to marry me (15 years later) we built a stall in the barn and used those thick rubber mats they have a Tractor Supply. 5 years and 3 trips to the emergency room for my wife and we suddenly have no horse and all of these horse mats.

Using a hand saw and then a bandsaw I cut 6 circles out of them the diameter of the steel pads on our level-up system. and bolted them to the bottoms of the plates using Stainless Steel hardware. No more wood blocks! It doesn't look like the Snap Pads would fit between my Solitude feet and the ground.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I first got my Reflection 303 I purchased 4 Snap pads because the 303 only has 4 jacks. I only put the pads on the front landing gear because my driveway has a sharp incline and the rear jacks are close to hitting the ground. When I sold the Reflection I left the pads on. I still had the other 2 Snap pads so I put them on the front landing gear on my Solitude. When I boondock, I only stop at Walmart's or truck stops, so I only lower the landing gear to take the weight off the truck. With the Snap pads on the landing gear I don't have to worry about damaging anyone's blacktop.
    As far as I'm concerned Snap pads on the landing gear only is sufficient.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast