Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Snap pads ?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdad60 View Post
    The less distance your legs extend, the more stable the RV is.
    Thus, we went with the red buckets but mind you, 100% of the time we are stationary for at least a week at a time.
    They are Anderson trailer jack blocks with magnets.

IMO, they are only suitable in very level sights. I wouldn't use these dry camping though some folks do.

When traveling and pulling over for the night, we don't use the buckets. RV is a definitely more motion prone without the buckets.

I use these too, Its not recommended but ive had the wheels on one side come off the ground at a very unlevel site. But the 5th wh was level.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use them and like them. I hate the sound of those metal feet scraping on concrete. It was worth it just to not hear that...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put Snap Pads on as soon as I got home. I picked up the camper in TN and spent a rainy week at a local campground. By the time I got home (NM), the bottoms of the landing gear pads (paint) were scrapped and rust had started to develop. I pulled off the pads (easy job), cleaned the pads, repainted. Then I coated with FlexSeal and put on the Snap Pads. No more rust concerns, or the worry about pads coming off. Plus it really helps prevent sliding on slightly sloped wet grass sites (watch the Keep Your Daydream video where he almost bent his levelers on his Momentum during a Grand Design Rally). I still bring along a few blocks, mostly to help if a site has a serious dip at one or two of the leveler locations to help decrease the extent of travel.
    Greg and Colleen Gates
    Albuquerque, NM
    2020 Solitude 344 GK
    2019 F350 Lariat Superduty DRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the snap pads the day I went to pick up the 377mbsr. Trouble free for going on 3 years now. They only add 2 to 3 inches to overall height at most after install and are a hassle free and no wood to carry around.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the buckets (2 or 4 depending on how level the surface is) and put cut stall mat under each bucket. I have 16" x 16" squares I cut from a 3' x 5' stall mat. This keeps the buckets from deforming if using on stone/rocky areas. The stall mat can also be used under the leveling squares when we are off level enough to not allow the buckets to be placed in the back. We have 4 electric landing gear jacks on our Solitude S-2930RL
    2021 - Grand Design Solitude S-2930RL
    2020 - Ford F-350 SRW 4x4 6.7L CCLB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like others have said, the Snap pads were one of the first thing we added. Decreased distance jacks have to move allowing us the option of placing boards beneath them or not. We still carry some wood but at least half as much as we us to. I really like the fact they are always attached. One less thing to set up or put away.
    U.S. Air Force Retired
    2021 Solitude S-Class 3550BH-R | SumoSprings Trailer Helper Spring | Morryde Rubber Pin Box | Disk Brakes (Stop Your Trailer)
    2020 F350 | SRW | SB | Platinum | 6.7 Diesel | 4x4 | PullRite SuperGlide Hitch 20K

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DestinationStation View Post
    Takes about 2 minutes to put a piece of wood under. Not worth the price IMO.
    I use a red bucket under my tongue jack. With the price of lumber these days, the red bucket and snap pads are probably cheaper!
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DestinationStation View Post
    Takes about 2 minutes to put a piece of wood under. Not worth the price IMO.
    True....but I dont have to carry blocks of wood.. I like them
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123