User Tag List

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    It is very difficult to compare the lines because of the many differences but Jayco costs more
    I think you contradicted yourself without even starting a new sentence ;-).
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    I noticed too.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plastic kitchen sink in Imagine 2970RL 2021

Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    Sorry. No

They are not exact but close enough to determine who costs more and the Jayco actually has less features
    And the eagle line you mentioned is a reflection comparison except the Jayco msrp is 5 grand more

My original comment stands true. GD is one of the lowest price trailer companies out there so the expectation of high end items should be unexpected imo
    Ymmv

On edit: when I mentioned Jayco only has 2 lines,that was to compare to Imagine. I thought that was obvious

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Last edited by NB Canada; 06-12-2021 at 07:44 PM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not trying to justify but i got rid of our double bowel stainless kitchen sink in the house, replaced it with a composite single bowel. Love it. Plastic I would never have but composite we are very pleased with.
    Mark and Judy
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch
    Fleet Manager, Cowlitz County WA Search & Rescue

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    I'm kinda late to this party but...if memory serves me, there are 4 or 5 grades of stainless. 304 stainless is one of the best (I think). Knowing Lippert & GD I wouldn't believe they would spec one of the higher grades of stainless.
    Probably a grade above plastic.
    I know the kitchen sink in my trailer is stainless-just not good stainless...like on the fridge.
    400 series SS is magnetic 300 series SS is nonmagnetic.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post

A magnent will not stick to the better grades of stainless such as 304. It will stick to cheaper grades.
    It has nothing to do with better or cheaper is has to do with the purpose the SS is intended for. 300 series is usually more corrosion resistant, but 400 series can be hardened and is more durable.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    It has nothing to do with better or cheaper is has to do with the purpose the SS is intended for. 300 series is usually more corrosion resistant, but 400 series can be hardened and is more durable.
    However BOTH types would function for sink use. And 304 IS more expensive, and arguably better for sink use as it is more resistant to corrosion, so it will look better over time,.....Though both types will hold water just fine.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    Thank you for the information. I am not an expert, just a user of both grades. I had what I suppose is a 400 series double bowel SS sink in my house (for over 10 years, no scratch, no rust and easy to clean), and I have now what I suppose is a 300 series single bowel sink in my GD. I have been using the sink in my RV for about 9 months now, and it's scratched, it gets dirty easier, and it's a bit more difficult to clean (partly because of the scratches, I suppose). I loved my sink in my house, but I find the one in my RV is low quality. Maybe GD chose the 300 series for its lower weight (I suppose it's less heavy, because I feel it's thinner), but after seeing the low quality of other products in the RV (and mostly the useless bathroom plastic faucet), I tend to believe that GD cares more about its bottom line than the satisfaction of its clients. My next RV won't be a GD.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scriptuali-T View Post
    Thank you for the information. I am not an expert, just a user of both grades. I had what I suppose is a 400 series double bowel SS sink in my house (for over 10 years, no scratch, no rust and easy to clean), and I have now what I suppose is a 300 series single bowel sink in my GD. I have been using the sink in my RV for about 9 months now, and it's scratched, it gets dirty easier, and it's a bit more difficult to clean (partly because of the scratches, I suppose). I loved my sink in my house, but I find the one in my RV is low quality. Maybe GD chose the 300 series for its lower weight (I suppose it's less heavy, because I feel it's thinner), but after seeing the low quality of other products in the RV (and mostly the useless bathroom plastic faucet), I tend to believe that GD cares more about its bottom line than the satisfaction of its clients. My next RV won't be a GD.
    Well there you go, the answer. You will not buy GD again
    I am personaaly very satisfied with my GD Solitude. It has some issues but it is very well built.
    My next RV will more than likely be a GD.
    2019 375 RES Linen
    KI6KER General
    Home Base Phoenix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Fake stainless steel sinl

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro55 View Post
    We have a plastic kitchen sink. The Grand Design website clearly states a stainless steel kitchen sink is standard. Brand new 2021, customer service is trying to claim it's stainless, and we did a magnet test. It's plastic. Very disappointed in Grand Design's response.
    Our 2021 Reflection 295RL also came with a Fake stainless steel sink. I never paid any attention to this until I read your post.
    I will be calling Grand design.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast