User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have RV Parky and use it for quick local trips. However, my go to app is RV Trip Wizard. Really like the information provided and how quickly one can go to a satellite view to see a campground as well as search for fuel locations around a CG. Also like how one can export the trip data to an Excel spreadsheet.
    John
    US Air Force Retired
    2017 Reflection 315 RLTS
    2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    Disclaimer: The following is my opinion only based on our travel habits, campgrounds used, and planning preferences. I am not receiving any compensation from any of the products for my opinion. Certainly not the ones I didn't care for.

I have tried several RV Trip Planning products over the past week. snip

My DW is still using the Google method but I think I am slowly converting her to RV Trip Wizard. I just wanted to share my experience and hopefully help someone find the right tool sooner. Happy camping and safe travels!
    Thanks for providing your analysis. Right there with the rest of you. We try to limit our apps to a couple that gives the most information. Been using RVTW for a couple years and now we supplement with Harvest Hosts. While planning if we get to an area where RVTW doesn't list much fuel or camping because its not in the database they use, then we try other resources, but really that doesn't happen much so far. I tried a few times initially to download the data from RVTW via basecamp to our Garmin RV660, it didn't work, I haven't tried it again. We just type in the addresses and stop data into the Garmin and it follows along picks the same routes. The Garmin reminds me of speed limits, grades and such so is useful. I stopped using RV Village, just another social media app I kind of rate it right down there with FB.
    I added a couple reviews this morning to Campground Reviews.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting discussion as i've been curious about safer, better route planning apps rather than Waze. I've hated to spend the money on RV Trip Wizard but for our upcoming 2 month summer trip, it may be well worth it. I have found a website called www.truckrouter.com which is a no frills website but in playing with it seems very informative and you can customize parameters like trailer height and length. I like how the planner easily shows elevation along the route without going to another website since we are traveling out west this summer and being aware of grades will be a concern. I don't see it talked about much, but maybe others have used it?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by larryi View Post
    Interesting discussion as i've been curious about safer, better route planning apps rather than Waze. I've hated to spend the money on RV Trip Wizard but for our upcoming 2 month summer trip, it may be well worth it. I have found a website called www.truckrouter.com which is a no frills website but in playing with it seems very informative and you can customize parameters like trailer height and length. I like how the planner easily shows elevation along the route without going to another website since we are traveling out west this summer and being aware of grades will be a concern. I don't see it talked about much, but maybe others have used it?
    On my to back from GA with our new 320MKS, we used Sygic, Google Maps, and RV Trip Wizard. Of the three, RV Trip Wizard gave us the most flexibility to plan our trip, and even making on-the-fly changes really easy.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was/is a free summit of helpful RV videos this weekend (Apr 24-25) and they had a 60% off discount code for RV Trip Wizard that is good until June 30, 2021.

SUMMIT2021

After you put in your name and address on the sign up page it will take you to the payment page. Right above YOUR PAYMENT is "I have a Coupon Code".

Net price is now $19.60.
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Furkot.com is free for the basics, but offline and RV routing needs their $15 fee. I like that it has far more things to do than anything else I've seen. It's easy to find and add in small town museums, historical sites, ranger stations, hikes, beaches etc.

Last summer was all RVTW, and it worked well most of the time. The last few updates have been critical.

I haven't tried RoadTrippers but the RV focused advertising is coming on strong.

RV Geeks just came out with some reviews https://www.thervgeeks.com/rv-trip-planner/
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLight View Post
    Furkot.com is free for the basics, but offline and RV routing needs their $15 fee. I like that it has far more things to do than anything else I've seen. It's easy to find and add in small town museums, historical sites, ranger stations, hikes, beaches etc.

Last summer was all RVTW, and it worked well most of the time. The last few updates have been critical.

I haven't tried RoadTrippers but the RV focused advertising is coming on strong.

RV Geeks just came out with some reviews https://www.thervgeeks.com/rv-trip-planner/
    not picking on you, RickLight... just sayin' to everyone.....

Maybe it is my skepticism, but because that site generates income for the folks who post it I think there may be financial reasons for them recommending some apps over others (especially apps that send more money their way).

There is just so much of this lately I have become skeptical of almost all "influencers" YouTube, twitter, and Instagram sites.

Just sayin' - one has to take just about all "reviews' of products with a grain of salt and a huge does of "open eyes" when making decisions. Often the search for a good review is well worth the time and effort spent before just selecting what others say.

and.... I almost never accept a "free" offer that require me to give a credit card number to get the "free" offer.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are all skeptics! I've not seen any sign of shenanigans with RV Geeks, not that I know everything. They list their profit sources pretty clearly.

The link I posted is freely accessed as is their video. Opinions are plentiful in all markets and you often get what you pay for. More than anything a good review should list facts. Value is up to the purchaser.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I downloaded the Freeroam app today after seeing a video on youtube. Never used a planner and hope Freeroam will assist.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also use RV Trip Wizard for planning our route.

But then my wife and I use RV Trip Diary for a personal log of where we stay. RV Trip Diary is an electronic version of an old fashioned notebook, and lets you store all kinds of details about your site and your experience. What the site number is, how the roads are, site spacing, amenities, surface type, cell and wifi reception, price, etc. and you can store personal photos. It’s not a directory, it’s a diary or log book.

But we love it for remembering “Now what was our site we stayed at last time?” And “Have we stayed there before?” It works on iOS and Android. And it syncs between all our devices. Free app (has an upgrade but it’s optional).

We use the two together.

iPhone/iPad version: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rv-t...401438038?mt=8

Android: https://jeretech.com/download/rvtripdiary

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast