User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you checked the VIN number with GD?

Left The Driveway
    Pilot Point, TX (but home is where we park it!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2021 310GK-R and we would gladly give up our little tray tables. They are probably missing from the new furniture because it was not the smartest design. So easy to spill from the tray tables we just took them off and stored them.

As for how we feel about our Solitude? Couldn’t be happier! We are here in North Texas riding out the blizzard of ‘21 in comfort. Lots of people having issues but knock on wood we haven’t experienced anything but running out of propane.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lwbrown55 View Post
    We have a 2021 310GK-R and we would gladly give up our little tray tables. They are probably missing from the new furniture because it was not the smartest design. So easy to spill from the tray tables we just took them off and stored them.

As for how we feel about our Solitude? Couldn’t be happier! We are here in North Texas riding out the blizzard of ‘21 in comfort. Lots of people having issues but knock on wood we haven’t experienced anything but running out of propane.
    I am experiencing the same thing with my Imagine 2670MK - low points froze but once I had that sorted out this 2021 TX blizzard has been a breeze other than spending 8 hours finding/buying propane yesterday LOL!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenerus View Post
    Thanks for all the very supportive feedback folks. We're loyal to Grand Design, but not fully comfortable with this trailer. We'll order another and work more closely with the factory rep.
    I think you'll be happy with this route. It took us a full 18-months to fully resolve all of our day-1 punch list items. Both sides contributed to the delays, but it wasn't the best start to our relationship with GD.

We often need to have some blinds down because of neighbors or sun, and I would not have accepted the black ones if I knew I could get the white/cream ones.

Best regards,
    Chris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry in advance to anyone whose commented already, but if you’re paying the kind of money you pay for any GD, but especially the upper ends units like this, if you don’t get what you ordered or want, then it’s up to you to contact either GD or the dealer to ensure they fix it. As for the hot water tank, they need to replace it...period. But after all this, honesty, if it was me, I would demand a replacement unit or your money back.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a great thread and interesting to learn about model changes. My $.02 is that I will likely always buy used from someone like y'all that have already sorted out the challenges yet kept the RV pristine. We bought used in Aug 2020 and moved into full-time and couldn't be happier. The prior owner ran me through all of the challenges he had with the dealer and what they swapped out and I feel like he took the brunt of issues. I still have some quirks here and there (front jacks retract when I retract slides, good grief) but all part of the journey to figure out the glitches .
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "3. The water heater was rusted. The anode rod was all corroded and the opening to the water heater was really rusty. The water heater looked old or like it had been sitting out exposed to the elements for weeks."

This concerns me. The only way for the anode rod to corrode is if it was USED Me thinks you need to call GD with the vin and have them track the date and where this unit has been?
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, the shower fixture on the newest of the new is now silver/chrome.

You can see the newest of the new build for Solitude on the 346FLS listing on our website.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 022.JPG  
    Last edited by huntr70; 02-19-2021 at 12:06 PM.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get the Vin # and call Grand Design, something not right here............
    Vin# will tell you almost everything you need to know.
    Tom and Sandi
    2017 337RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    So, the shower fixture on the newest of the new is now silver/chrome.

You can see the newest of the new build for Solitude on the 346FLS listing on our website.
    Interesting that the loveseat has the 2 cup holders. We have a 310GK-R on order, so can we expect the dual cup holders and the silver/chrome shower fixture?
    Greg & Jeanne
    2020 F350 Lariat SRW 6.7L Diesel Long-Bed
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast