User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    I got a wild hair today and decided to build a battery. I’ll be into it about $600 in parts and it will have 270 Ah of capacity. If it turns out well I’ll probably do a second one.
    Are you going to post some pictures and maybe a list of materials you're using? I'm sure a lot of us are interested in this, I've started researching this option recently as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    Cool !!

I'm really interested to hear how this turns out.

Don't think of this as a "Wild Hair", think of it more as "Adventurous Camping".
    Ha, that's a good way of putting it.

The cells will take a while, probably some time in May, before they arrive. I ordered the Overkill BMS today. I'm trying to snag a couple battery cases from a forum member on diysolarforum who imported 120 of them. If that works out, it'll be a really clean build, almost professional looking. And if I want, it'll fit on the tongue. Heck, I could fit two of them on the tongue. Imagine that, >500 Ah from just a couple batteries in the normal location. That's insane.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LivyZoe View Post
    Anyone try the 300 Ah CHINS off amazon

--> https://www.amazon.com/CHINS-LiFePO4...NrPXRydWU&th=1

Buddy of mine just did a 900Ah install with these and likes them.
    That is good to hear. The more positive results people get from these "alternate" batteries, the more comfortable people will get with buying these alternatives to the Battle Born batteries.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Are you going to post some pictures and maybe a list of materials you're using? I'm sure a lot of us are interested in this, I've started researching this option recently as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Absolutely! It'll be a while before the cells show up, but here's where I'm at so far.

(4) Lishen 272 Ah cells w/M8 studs, $438.52 shipped directly to me
    (1) Overkill BMS w/bluetooth & crimped 5/16 copper lugs, $125 shipped
    (2) Battery boxes like this: https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...412297772.html

I got an extra box because I didn't easily find them locally (within the US) and a forum member over on the diysolarforum imported 120 of them. Figured the odds are decent I'll decide to build a second one. As much for redundancy as capacity (272 Ah will probably be plenty for my needs). Not sure what the boxes will cost me, but I imagine not more than 25 or 30 bucks apiece. Perfectly reasonable for a box with terminals that will neatly fit four cells and a BMS.

There will probably be a couple more items to pick up. E.g. the cells come with bus bars, but I may replace those with flexible 1/0 interconnects to make the battery more resilient to vibration. And a class T fuse, for sure.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine that, >500 Ah from just a couple batteries in the normal location. That's insane.
    I agree, these batteries could really change the RV world with their incredible power and low cost.
    David and Peggy
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what the new 270ah GC3 Battleborn batteries look like. I was thinking of stacking them but they are pretty heavy so I'd need to build some kind bracing if I did that. I'll probably just install them side by side.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB batteries.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	32630
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a wild hair today and decided to build a battery. I’ll be into it about $600 in parts and it will have 270 Ah of capacity. If it turns out well I’ll probably do a second one.
    You should start a thread on your build. There's lots of us interested including me. I think I'll be doing it this summer.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For anyone else who may be considering building your own battery from individual LiFePo4 cells, here is a good video that shows how easy it is to configure and re-configure your DIY battery and how to install your Battery Management System (BMS).

Note: this video is using 100ah cells vs the 280ah cells that Rootusrootus has ordered (and have been discussed in the above posts). The configuration steps are the same, just with different Ampere Hour batteries.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCC_3LoLYuw
    David and Peggy
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456