User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    The only social media I am on is this forum and the "Other" Grand design forum. Heck, an old army buddy of mine and I just got cell phones a couple of years ago, and they are Trac Phones!
    Haha same here and thank you for your service. I'm not on any social media either, just here. Now having said that, they do issue all us ex- Artillery guys a new I-phone every year, we're not savages you know.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We camp often with a group of 6 couples and one of the ladies keeps a diary/journal of each camping trip. Who, what, when and where. Any funny stories or noteworthy events are documented. When we break camp, a group picture is taken. She will even document artifacts. For example, a piece of a ripped tablecloth from a nasty storm (straight line winds) is in there.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2400
    2019 F150 XLT 4x4, 3.5 EcoBoost

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Haha same here and thank you for your service. I'm not on any social media either, just here. Now having said that, they do issue all us ex- Artillery guys a new I-phone every year, we're not savages you know.
    Thank you as well!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice way to pay it forward. I always "police the area" when we arrive at a campsite. Right down to the bottle caps and twist ties that other campers leave behind.
    Our best firewood story was 3 years ago in the Adirondacks. The couple tenting in the site next to us were newlyweds. I could tell they were on a shoestring hunting for kindling and loose branches for their fire. I carried over a bundle of firewood as a wedding present. :-)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarSlim View Post
    Nice way to pay it forward. I always "police the area" when we arrive at a campsite. Right down to the bottle caps and twist ties that other campers leave behind.
    Our best firewood story was 3 years ago in the Adirondacks. The couple tenting in the site next to us were newlyweds. I could tell they were on a shoestring hunting for kindling and loose branches for their fire. I carried over a bundle of firewood as a wedding present. :-)
    What's up with twiste ties? Do people actually think that no one will notice. Maybe they should start to make them biodegradable. We always pick up lots.
    Nice move with the firewood, I'm sure they still talk about it and hopefully paying it forward. [emoji106]
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
    Do you have anything you do while camping- some special tradition, routine, etc.

For me,

I always take extra firewood and kindling and when I leave I leave a pile for the next camper. I hope that they carry it forward sometime.

My GF picks up every little piece of trash around the campsite and makes the place look great for the next campers. Not sure if the camp host or park workers are supposed to clean up between campers but for the most part we find the campsites have trash everywhere

What do you do?
    As special idea, I carry a small container that I keep ashes in from when I was a kid. I add the ashes to each “campfire” . Upon leaving I re-fill jar, and the memories from that trip to the next one. In 2005, when my Dad passed I took a very small amount of his ashes and added it to my jar. He travels with us always and everywhere.
    I always leave it better than I found it and as much as possible leave nothing but footprints

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
    Do you have anything you do while camping- some special tradition, routine, etc.

For me,

I always take extra firewood and kindling and when I leave I leave a pile for the next camper. I hope that they carry it forward sometime.

My GF picks up every little piece of trash around the campsite and makes the place look great for the next campers. Not sure if the camp host or park workers are supposed to clean up between campers but for the most part we find the campsites have trash everywhere

What do you do?
    I bring gobs of spare BACON. I'm afraid of running out if we have unexpected guests. Seriously, who doesn't like bacon??
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenblade View Post
    Geez I need quit believing everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was on the internet so it must be true.
    2007 Ram 5.9 CTD 4x4 LB
    2019 Imagine 2500RL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we were on our way to pickup our first trailer as a family, I stopped to fill up with diesel before we got to the dealership. The woman behind the counter offered me a box of Cinnabon cinnamon rolls for free - she said they make them in the morning and if they haven’t sold by noon they toss them out. She saw I had small kids and thought I might like them. We picked up the camper and camped that night - the next morning the only food we had in the rig was that box of Cinnabons so we had them for breakfast.

Ever since then, the last morning of every trip before we tow home, we eat cinnamon rolls as a family.

Left The Driveway
    Pilot Point, TX (but home is where we park it!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our tradition.....

Our tradition is we eat those little white powdered donuts. Starts our trip off right knowing that vacation has started. Diet out the window, worries left behind, and fun begins.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast