User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I'm in RV sales and right as I was typing the post on my phone, a customer walked in and I had to go. I discovered the RV Airflow systems last year while showing a couple a 17MKE. It was in a drawer and they asked me what it was and I had no idea? ( it basically is a styrofoam block to direct the air directly into the AC ducts ) I took it back to my desk and when I had a chance I called RV Airflow systems and talked with Richard the owner and designer. After he explained it to me and led me to the youtube videos of the installations I asked him right away when they were making them for Dometic? He said they were coming winter of 2021 so I just purchasd and received mine last week. I called again to ask a few installation tips becasue there is not a video for the Dometic unit ( it is basically the same as Coleman ) he then told me of a new product they were developing to compete with the Wacko Silencer and that it would be much better. It is not due out I believe till around June? Not sure if it will be about the same price point as the Wacko model, I sure hope not. I paid so much for mine, and I think it does a good job, I will not be purchasing another model, and besides the RV Airflow system is supposed to also help with noise so I'm hoping along with my current Wacko RV AC Silencer it will be even better than before.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Tamper View Post
    Sorry, I'm in RV sales and right as I was typing the post on my phone, a customer walked in and I had to go. I discovered the RV Airflow systems last year while showing a couple a 17MKE. It was in a drawer and they asked me what it was and I had no idea? ( it basically is a styrofoam block to direct the air directly into the AC ducts ) I took it back to my desk and when I had a chance I called RV Airflow systems and talked with Richard the owner and designer. After he explained it to me and led me to the youtube videos of the installations I asked him right away when they were making them for Dometic? He said they were coming winter of 2021 so I just purchasd and received mine last week. I called again to ask a few installation tips becasue there is not a video for the Dometic unit ( it is basically the same as Coleman ) he then told me of a new product they were developing to compete with the Wacko Silencer and that it would be much better. It is not due out I believe till around June? Not sure if it will be about the same price point as the Wacko model, I sure hope not. I paid so much for mine, and I think it does a good job, I will not be purchasing another model, and besides the RV Airflow system is supposed to also help with noise so I'm hoping along with my current Wacko RV AC Silencer it will be even better than before.
    Will it be for Coleman too or just Dometic?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The original design was just for Coleman, then they developed one for the Dometic. The Dometic is supposed to also work for GE also. Next they are working on a design for Furrion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just completed this modification (the DIY not the RV Airflow product) on my 2018 315RLTS rear 15k Dometic A/C and thought I'd share the results.

At kitchen sink - BEFORE 66 decibels dump open, 64 decibels dump closed; AFTER 57 decibels (dump blocked off).
    At recliners - BEFORE 61 decibels dump open, 59 decibels dump closed; AFTER 54 decibels (dump blocked off).

Temperature at 10:25am - 71, 10:42am - 70, 10:50am - 69.

Very pleased with this modification - no more jet engine sound, now just a quite mmmmmmm sound plus a colder air flow.
    Last edited by JDWHSKY; 05-02-2021 at 02:01 PM.
    2018 Reflection TT 315RLTS
    2014 F250 Crew Cab, Short Bed, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4
    50 gallon Titan fuel tank
    2007 Shelby GT Mustang

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for responding to my inquiry on reducing AC noise on my 2 Domatic units. After reviewing all the responses, and further research on the internet, I decided upon the recommendation by "Sandy005" and "Boyscout" and specifically followed the "Salty Escape" from his Youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cct1QfLiT6s&t=1s.
    Cost for both AC roughly $30 and in my case approx 5 hours to do the work. As the video mentions, when you take off the AC ceiling cover and look how the unit's return and cool air areas are taped up and a total lack of any insallation, you quickly see why your loosing efficiency and why the noise level is high. Although I have not tested as of this post, I'm confident we will experience improved air flow and reduced noise.
    Thanks again!
    2017 Reflection 5th Wheel 337RLS
    2017 Ford 250 Heavy Duty Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123