Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Welcome to the world of RV's.
    Pick a brand and copy and paste your post on their forum. It will fit right in on any brand forum but Airstream.
    It wouldn't really be out of place on the Airstream forums, either. There are plenty of complaints there.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just did a check for new and used reflection 303. The new one msrp loaded is 60,000. 30% off would bring it down to42'000. On RV trader there is a used 2018 for sale for 42'000. Doesn't sound like there is much of a lose to me.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Airstream follows along with everyone else, especially since they were bought by THOR Industries a few years back.

THe aluminum construction makes them expensive, and their cult following. Nothing more....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Airstream was actually bought out by Thor back in 2012. I believe they were one of Thor's first buyouts. Luckily for Airstream Thor wanted to maintaiin what Airstream had done with their trailer. Not so sure if they still do that or not.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I just did a check for new and used reflection 303. The new one msrp loaded is 60,000. 30% off would bring it down to42'000. On RV trader there is a used 2018 for sale for 42'000. Doesn't sound like there is much of a lose to me.
    I highly doubt that it sells for $42K. Many times owners are buried in their RV's and are trying to get payoff. And good luck getting 30% off in todays ramped up Covid market.

Theres's also a 2018 for $36,999, a 2017 for $34K
    According to NADA average retail is $38,800. With an list of $52,254. Trade is $32,200. Those retail and trade numbers are probably inflated somewhat from Covid.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most people are able to negotiate 25 to 30 off. That brings it down a ways under $60,000. Even 25# off would put the price at about $45,000. Trading the trailer in you will lose some as the dealer needs to make a profit too. I wouldn't think losing $6,000 in 3 years of use isn't that bad.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgkeaney View Post
    I’m curious. Is the 2020 run on RV’s coming to a close? Last July I sold a 2018 POS (it was horrible) Starcraft 5th wheel for almost what I paid for it. I couldn’t believe it. Phone was ringing off the hook and the second guy that called offered 19k on a unit I paid two years earlier for 21k. That was in July and it feels like that was right about the time everyone i. the world (it seems like) was buying campers. We ended up with a new 2020 31mb and what a difference. At twice the cost mind you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Where did you have yours listed? I wanna sell my solitude I bought new in 2017.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Death, taxes and depreciation! I like new stuff and when I'm looking to buy new I know I can expect to take a hit as soon as I sign the papers. Obviously work hard to get your best price and then just enjoy it. Something well-bought is half-sold (or something to that effect). I will say this crazy market is beyond anything I have ever seen - I sold my 2017 GD 2950RL about 6 months ago for $2K MORE than what I paid for it! Crazy! And I had people waiting in line - sold it to the first person that came to look at it for full asking. Never dreamed that would ever happen. The flip side is we sold because we wanted something smaller so then we had to deal with the crazy BUYER's market. At first I just kind of gave up and figured I'd wait for the glut of used RVs in a year or two, when newbies realize it's just not for them. But kept looking because we just wanted to get back out there so I was able to get a 22MLE for about 15% off MSRP - not great, but not bad in this market and considering the much higher than expected sale price for our old rig, I feel like I came out ahead. And we're back out there...cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree. If you want resell value to go up buy LAND. Just say'n........

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV depreciation and people depreciation

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    Totally agree. If you want resell value to go up buy LAND. Just say'n........
    I’m 72 and depreciating just like RV’s. We bought a 2018 29RS for 34% off list. We did Alaska, Arizona, and now Florida. Love it and no reason to move up. You can’t take it with you if yours works for you enjoy it while you can.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast