User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

17MKE Generator?

Hi all,

My wife and I are set to pick up our new 17MKE here in the next couple of weeks and couldn't be more excited! As far as generator power for boondocking I am going with Honda but stuck between either a eu3000is or two eu2200i models in parallel. Anyone have any experience with either of these models and the 17MKE? I am leaning toward the 3000 just because I would only need one unit but at 130lbs it's a bit of a monster.

Thanks,

Gary

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you do a search on here you'll see that that subject has been brought up many times with differences in options. I have a 3500 Firman and it works great but it sure is heavy. Larger genys are heavier but also hold more gas. Smaller ones are lighter and also a little quieter. It's really up to you. If you do plan on the smaller geny and plan to use the ac I would add an EasyStart for the ac. YMMV

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Westinghouse 4500 dual fuel. It’s 100 lbs considerably lighter than the Honda. $1550 dollars cheaper too. Remote start. Made in Columbus Ohio. It’s got a digital readout letting you know the amt of fuel left. Amt of hours till an oil change. Best of all a remote start. Runs 18 hrs on full tank ( 3 gallons) . No need for parallel port. Best of all $1050 less than 1 Honda 2200. Has wheels and handle to roll.

Cummins / Onan are identical. Made by companies making generators for RV A and C units and world traveling sailboats.

https://www.electricgeneratorsdirect...caArHQEALw_wcB
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Late to the party here but there is a compromise, it is the euHandi 3000 from Honda. You get the power you need for quick stops but the gas tank is very small, and it is light enough to pick up and put in the back of the truck. Some folks might balk at the expense, but it is indeed very "handy." I carry mine on a cargo rack made for generators attached to the trailer hitch I had mounted on the rear. Good set-up for how we use our rig (quick short trips).