User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Chippy! We're all nubees at one point in time. Welcome! It's been mentioned in this thread that the manufactures can change things any time. There's a reason for this...parts, components and building materials. However 2020 hasn't been a normal year. I've been following the trade rags and when COVID hit, the supply chain dried up all the way back to components like breakers, motors and semi-conductors. To add to this, workers were making more staying at home with stimulus checks than showing up to work. Yes, I know I'm painting with a very wide brush here and I'm sure to ruffle feathers, but there's a thread of truth in here. (Check out "RV Business Digital Editions Nov/Dec 2020) That's why the inventory is low, prices are high and it's a seller's market. COVID stopped travel and RV's was a way out of the house. Have you tried to make a reservation yet!? Whew! I am happy that you got a unit!! As long as it works for you and your family you can put this event behind you and file it in your RV education file. Each and everyone of us have similar experiences and the file cabinet is bulging with 'little known facts'. My unit has two furnaces due to a design flaw...but that's another thread for another day! Take care!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Is this a 'thing' in the RV world, or just with Grand Design?

When I went to buy my RV (07/2020), they told me it was the 2021 model... only for me to find out later that its 'a' model, with a 2021 VIN#.
    The actual 2021 has more features, of course.

Thanks for any insight into this rather disappointing part of being a new GD-RV Owner.

Updated: I am not mad. Just a 1st time buyer trying to learn about RV things
    I bought an early 2020 Reflection 303RLS. In mid 2020 GD changed the outside color, the inside colors and added tank heaters. I knew this when I bought the rig ans because of that I got a really good deal.
    I like the old colors better anyway, but I would be nice to have the tank heaters.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234