User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Uh-oh!!!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there's some room in the tank still, scolding hot bucket of water will sometimes work on a fresh block.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado333 View Post
    DW wife said the kitchen sink was not draining on our Imagine 2670MK. That meant it was time to drain the black tank, then the gray's. Went outside, pulled the black tank t-valve, and nothing. lifted the rhino hose at the TT outlet connection and it was empty. Closed/pushed in the black tank valve, then opened the front/kitchen gray tank and it drained and I left it open. Re-tried the black tank and got a trickle of a flow..... Now what?? Suggestions???

Thanks!
    Steve
    What I do when I drain and flush my black tank. You will need another valve attached at the trailer where your sewer hose attaches. After opening up the black tank valve, and/or when the liquid stops. Close the extra valve at the sewer hose And open up the great tank water valve. The head pressure from the great tank should push into the black tank and Stir anything up that may be causing any type of blocking. After about a minute, close the great tank valve and open up the new valve at the sewer hose and see what comes out. Even under normal conditions and with my sewer black tank flush running I do this 2 or 3 times between my 2 great tanks and the 1st couple of times looks the same as when I initially dump the black tank. Never dump the great tank 1st and try this with the black tank, that would cause black tank water to go into your great tank, and nobody wants that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I watched the video suggested by Ynot4me2, as well as a few others, and although I got a small amount to drain, it's still clogged. I then tried connecting the black tank hose to flush, just giving it a short blast, so as not to worsen my situation but that didn't help either. I'm at a loss.

I attempted to call there local Mobile Techs, and was only able to leave messages. I spoke with one tech a couple months ago and he mentioned then he was swamped and his schedule was full out for a couple months of appointments. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I did see one video, where they connected this inflatable tube connected to a water hose and sent it down the toilet drain tube, then inflated by water hose pressure. I've seen this for residential plumbing, not sure if its a good idea for a RV. Anyone try this??
    Steve & Pat
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited MegaCab
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you see down into the tank?

Unsure if yours is straight down in from the toilet

Shut your water off and look down with a light
    What does it look like?

Full?
    Lots of liquid?
    Just solids?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Can you see down into the tank?

Unsure if yours is straight down in from the toilet

Shut your water off and look down with a light
    What does it look like?

Full?
    Lots of liquid?
    Just solids?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    I did as you suggested, stepped on pedal - all I can really see is liquid and some tissue - maybe 2-4 inches from what appears the end of the tube. I think I see what looks like a black o-ring or black seal of some sort at then end of the tube.
    Steve & Pat
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited MegaCab
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh-oh!!!

I did as you suggested, stepped on pedal - all I can really see is liquid and some tissue - maybe 2-4 inches from what appears the end of the tube. I think I see what looks like a black o-ring or black seal of some sort at then end of the tube.
    Well liquid is good. Just was worried that your black valve wasn’t fully closed and all the liquid drained leaving nothing but solids.
    Must be TP jammed up at outlet
    Have you been using septic safe paper?

If a Home Depot or Lowe’s is close by you could get a snake and go fishing for the clog from the toilet side. Unsure where it is in relation to the toilet but it might work but maybe it would be impossible. Don’t know
    Hate to see what a mobile tech would charge for that

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Last edited by NB Canada; 03-15-2021 at 12:32 PM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would go to the local hardware store and get a snake at this point. Like what was already said, go from the toilet side with everything open. The ugly way, and no need to find the drain from inside the tank, would go from the outside, only open the valve enough to put the snake in, with someone holding the hose up to the connection, shouldn't be much of a flow. Once it breaks loose, get the snake out, close the valve, reconnect, and let her rip.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    I would go to the local hardware store and get a snake at this point. Like what was already said, go from the toilet side with everything open. The ugly way, and no need to find the drain from inside the tank, would go from the outside, only open the valve enough to put the snake in, with someone holding the hose up to the connection, shouldn't be much of a flow. Once it breaks loose, get the snake out, close the valve, reconnect, and let her rip.
    Seems like this is your last resort and you're running out of ideas. Time to do some stretches and see how fast you can unclog it from the outside and get the valve shut again. Let us know how you make out, but probably no need for pictures after.
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    Pullrite Superlite 2600
    2019 Ford F250 CC SB 6.7L
    2017 Jayco 27bhs (Sold)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one of those but a Valterra twist on.
    Have you hooked up the hose, filled the drain pipe up with water to see if the back pressure of the water will push the blockage back into the tank?
    GoodOz

2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2018 F250 6.7 w/2219 available payload

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goodoz View Post
    Have you hooked up the hose, filled the drain pipe up with water to see if the back pressure of the water will push the blockage back into the tank?
    ...you'd definitely want a spotter inside, LOL.
    GoodOz

2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2018 F250 6.7 w/2219 available payload

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast