User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We noticed the large kitchen double pane window in our 2010 Open Range seemed a little cloudy after 7 years or so.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    In this southeast heat I sure wish I had them! I wonder if it's feasible to swap them out. I reckon I'd probably need different window frames as well
    I had asked Grand Design this question for a momentum toy hauler and they quoted me something like $7k ...
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2022 RLS with dual pane. Love them. Definitely quieter. As for cooling. We spent 1.5 weeks with some friends. Similar size campers, similar colors and same double AC. He has single pane windows. His daytime temps were around 75 degrees. Mine were 68 and the AC were cycling. I was impressed but he was upset. BTW, two things: the window in the door is not double pane and it added some weight to the rig. Definitely worth the $. PS.. you can feel the weight deference when you open the windows
    2022 337RLS & 2017 CTD Ram long bed
    720w of solar & Victron MPPT/battery monitors
    4x100AHr LiPo batteries & 2500w PSW
    Lots of other mods too....

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't see where anyone mentioned that with dual pane windows you are not likely to get condensation on them when it is warm inside and cold outside. Or sometimes when it is cold inside and warm outside.

We've got them on this RV and on our previous RV (a motorhome). A LOT of times I had to wipe down the condensation on the inside of the windshield but all the other windows were OK.

And after planning to spend tens of thousands of dollars on an RV is another $2,500 really a lot more? Especially if you think you are going to have it for 5 or 6 years. And if you are financing (I think most people do) is a lot more a month for a payment?
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    In case you didn't know, RV dual pane windows are not the same as residential windows, there is no air gap between the panes of glass.
    This is not true. I have spoken with the window division at LCI and measured my windows myself. There is about 1/8" gap between the glass panes.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12