User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full Body Paint or no ?

Buying a new Momentum, at the moment we are going with 395M but could change. For current owners with and without, full body paint or no, good/bad or pro/con opinions are MOST welcome. Trying to decide if the $11K price is worth it. Plan on this being THE final, and will be full time for a couple of years. F350 DRW is the tow vehicle.

Thanks in advance,

Rich

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kinda regret not ordering ours with it. That being said , I would certainly hope it is a better paint job than was done on our front cap. It’s pretty good from about 3/4 from the top down , but the top portion has several runs.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    I kinda regret not ordering ours with it. That being said , I would certainly hope it is a better paint job than was done on our front cap. It’s pretty good from about 3/4 from the top down , but the top portion has several runs.
    Charlie
    Thank you for the feedback. Was yours done at the factory or aftermarket? may be a dumb question...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only reason we did not get full body paint is because when we bought our 310GK there was no full body paint on the lot and because we had a small window to get our rig we could not wait on an order. With full body paint you would not have to worry about decals deteriorating, will look better longer and easier to maintain. I believe for anyone looking long term, full body is worth while.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Headin Out 2 View Post
    Thank you for the feedback. Was yours done at the factory or aftermarket? may be a dumb question...
    Not at all. The solitude comes from the factory with the front cap painted.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Headin Out 2 View Post
    For current owners with and without, full body paint or no, good/bad or pro/con opinions are MOST welcome.
    We had decals on our first fifth wheel (Reflection) and full body paint on our last 5th wheel (Solitude). We ordered a new Solitude last month with full body paint. We went with full body paint for a couple reasons. First, I was always worried about the decals fading and peeling. When we walked through our RV park you could see what the sun did to the stickers and gelcoat after just a few years. I used 303 Protectant on the decals twice a year but still worried about them. With full body paint, I have no doubt at all that my paint will look great until the day I sell my RV.

The other reason is the full body paint looks amazing!

The question I would ask is - Would it be acceptable to you if your new truck came with decals rather than automotive paint and clear coat??? I think most folks would say no. So, why settle for decals on your RV if full body paint is available? No, it's not cheap but neither is your RV or truck. Plus, the actual price is really under $8,000 because you get the same ~30% discount that you get when you order your RV.

Now all the people who don't have FBP are going to chime in and say I'm crazy and wasted my money on bling...
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This kind of feedback is exactly what I'm looking for prior to making our decision, Thank You to All !!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @bertschb said exactly what I was going to say. FBP is not maintenance free, we have ours waxed twice a year so it should last. The cheapskates will try to rationalize not getting it because they say it does nothing to enhance resale value, I'd have to disagree. It makes the unit look sharp and that has to be a good thing for resale. When walking around campgrounds you'll notice the RV's with FBP seem to stand out from the crowd. Besides, we bought it because we wanted it. Like my DW says, we weren't going to settle.

No regrets!

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    Not at all. The solitude comes from the factory with the front cap painted.
    Charlie
    They also come painted from their supplier.

The FBP gets done at a completely different facility.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whether you get FBP depends a lot on how long you plan to keep it and how you store it when not being used. I expect to keep the 351M I'm ordering a few years and I store under cover. As a result I don't get the sun damage that one stored out in the open gets. As stated FBP does have maintenance requirements to stay in good shape. As far as resale goes, you MAY get some of it back when selling but you WILL make the RV more desirable and probably a quicker sale. My Itasca motorhome does have the FBP and it looks good today but I wash regularly and wax annually.

If you create an anomaly with the RV by adding a host of things to specialize it, you likely will have limited your resale market. Not everyone want 25 solar panels, 20 lithium batteries, radically oversized axles and brakes, etc. Most people are looking for a stock unit.
    Last edited by chunker; 01-24-2020 at 07:11 AM.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast