User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ATCDave View Post
    Hello All,

DW and I put money down on an XLS 22 MLE a few weeks ago (expected arrival in April-May). Whoop!
    Question: do you guys use the spray hose attachment to flush the black tank?
    Also: if not, what length black tank flush hose would you recommend, since the black tank flush is on the opposite side from where your water source on a camp pedestal would be? (I'm gathering the required bits n' bobs as this is our first TT)
    -Dave in NH
    First, welcome to the "cult" of 22MLE owners.

Let others here, I use a dedicated hose (50' black rubber) plus a 90 degree elbow at the flush port and a "water meter". Why?
    Well, the 50' hose I already owned. The elbow reduces the stress on the plastic flush port fitting and the meter is used to "judge" the amount I leave in the tank as I travel between sites. This is usually about 5 gallons that "sloshes" around to keep things loose inside.

Good luck.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point about the pressure reg - you're sort of defeating the tank flush action while not really jeopardizing and plumbing fittings in the rig.

I have also ordered a clear elbow for the dump outlet to ensure the tank is free of solids after the flush.
    By "wand" do you mean a sort of high pressure spray wand that you stick through the toilet valve?
    Yes, look for "RV toilet wand" on Amazon. It attaches to a garden hose and goes down the toilet throat. Before I knew they were available I made my own.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbopp View Post
    Yes, look for "RV toilet wand" on Amazon. It attaches to a garden hose and goes down the toilet throat. Before I knew they were available I made my own.
    Good idea! I found a vid to demonstrate the "how-to". I would think that this would be a good supplement to the black tank flush fitting on the 22MLE to keep things clean and smell-free.

-Dave
    Joanne and Dave
    Retired Controller - Boston ARTCC, Area E
    2021 Toyota Tundra CrewMax, 5.7L V8
    2021 XLS 22MLE (We LOVE it!)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look up "kleantank geo method" for keeping a healthy black tank.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Look up "kleantank geo method" for keeping a healthy black tank.

Interesting take on black tank maintenance. Keeping RV Tanks Clean - "The Geo Method"

Ynot4me2, has this method worked for you guys?

-Dave
    Joanne and Dave

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting take on black tank maintenance. Keeping RV Tanks Clean - "The Geo Method"

Ynot4me2, has this method worked for you guys?

-Dave
    Absolutely, and if you search "geo method" on here, you'll see that most seasoned and full time do, with success. The geo method along with water is key. Dont skimp out on water.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello All,

DW and I put money down on an XLS 22 MLE a few weeks ago (expected arrival in April-May). Whoop!

I've noticed the black tank flush is on the opposite side from the black/gray tank drain.
    I also notice that GD put a spray hose attachment directly next to the black tank flush.

Question: do you guys use the spray hose attachment to flush the black tank?
    Also: if not, what length black tank flush hose would you recommend, since the black tank flush is on the opposite side from where your water source on a camp pedestal would be? (I'm gathering the required bits n' bobs as this is our first TT)

Thank you!

-Dave in NH
    I purchased another hose curly hose that connects to the hose quick connect attachment below the Black Tank Flush. I attached a ball valve shutoff valve, attached to the end of the hose that connects to the Flush Connection. Plug in the hose, connect the end with the valve to the Flush Connection, turn on the shut off valve...and flush away. Shut off the valve disconnect it from the Flush Connection. Open the valve to flush it for a few seconds, then disconnect it from the quick connect fitting. This hose is a dedicated hose for black tank flush only... Works great, have had no issues
    Roger & Debbie
    2020 XLE 22 MLE
    2021 Chevy 1500 LTZ 4x4
    Crew Cab with, 6.2L V8 With HD Tow Pkg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Refclown View Post
    I purchased another hose curly hose that connects to the hose quick connect attachment below the Black Tank Flush. I attached a ball valve shutoff valve, attached to the end of the hose that connects to the Flush Connection. Plug in the hose, connect the end with the valve to the Flush Connection, turn on the shut off valve...and flush away. Shut off the valve disconnect it from the Flush Connection. Open the valve to flush it for a few seconds, then disconnect it from the quick connect fitting. This hose is a dedicated hose for black tank flush only... Works great, have had no issues
    Excellent! I was wondering if anyone was using that fitting to flush the tank. This approach and solution was just what I was looking for. Thank you!

-Dave
    Joanne and Dave

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Refclown View Post
    Just thinking out loud here.
    When I have to use a dedicated dump station, I'm not sure I want to use the quick connect. All the other times when you have a full hook up, you're good to go.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    In addition to what others have said since this is your 1st TT, when using the black tank flush make sure to leave the drain valve open. I have read stories on other forums where somebody gets to talking with a neighbor and forgets the valve is closed.

You might also consider getting a flush valve that attaches to the sewer drain like this:
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Valterra-...Valve/55356021

I use one and keep the water running thru the flush but close the gate valve to allow some build-up then open and release. Repeat several times until all is clear. Once satisfied, dump the gray tank to further clear the sewer hose.
    I hear ya, but I find the best way to really clean out the tank is to close the valve and let the tank backfill. After doing that 3 times, I still find "pieces" and stuff coming out when I dump the tank. Usually, at the end of the season, on the 4th backfill, the tank gets completely cleaned and flushed out. I am typically standing there while my wife checks the sensors periodically, as that also helps ensure the sensors are working properly at the same time.

I typically use an extreme tank cleaner prior to my last trip, so it swiches and swashes around while we drive there. After that and backfilling the tank a 4 times, cleans out and clears sensors every time.

If not careful, could be a disaster as you said though. Need to pay attention.
    David Pisano
    2018 Imagine 2950RL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast