User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay riddle me this batman!

So I finally got everything concerning my Lithium Battery, Inverter/Charger and Monitor for my 2021 Imagine 2500rl that I pick up from Lazydays in Tucson Arizona. Yup traveling 500 miles from LA to Tucson for a dozen reasons but mostly because the Southern California Grand Design Dealers out here are a total joke. I could write a book on how terrible they are but lets move on.....

On a more happier note I pick up our 2021 Imagine 2500rl in mid April in which the dealership (Lazydays) is installing a 32" Fireplace, 2 sets of RV Locks, a 12V 206Ah LiFePO4 Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery, Xantrex inverter/charger controller, Xantrex Bluetooth monitor and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.

Just kidding about the last part. Why this equipment (you ask) its because they will only warranty the items they sell.
    And to be honest with you I just want to get this all done and start camping. I will retire from the Press Enterprise Newspaper on June 4th and will turn 71 this year and I just want to live a little with my lovely wife (Honey) and our 2 Golden Retrievers.

But this would not be a posting from me if I didn't have a question (see that's what Newbies do).
    So let's say I'm dry camping for a couple of days and I run my Lithium 206Ah battery down to 60% full.
    If I take the rig on a 4 hour drive at 60 mph to our next camping spot how much do you think the battery would be charged up to?
    Keeping in mind it started the ride at only being 60% fully charged. Any way that's the question for the day!
    Thanks everyone for all the great help on the battery in the past posts.....
    Last edited by Extreme; 03-16-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answer, in general, will be pretty little charge. Depending upon what your tow vehicle is, there are options. One is installing a second alternator and running a heavy gauge charge cable back, with appropriate connectors, to recharge. Often this is too complex a task/expensive to put together so folks opt for a generator to handle the occasional task.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What amps will your alternator put out? What truck do you have? I wonder if 4 hours will be enough?
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, just noticed that you do have your truck listed. I would bet that this larger Dodge would have a larger alternator, that might do the trick. You will have to drive it and then check your batteries.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am driving a 2021 F150 Crew Cab with a 3.5L V6 Ecoboost.
    Not really too concerned about fully charging the battery while driving.
    I do have a Champion 2500 Inverter Generator to handle a full recharge but I was just wondering.
    I saw on the Channel "Long Long Honeymoon" that they had installed a special Alternator to do just that.
    No thanks I'll stick with my Champion.............

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    I am driving a 2021 F150 Crew Cab with a 3.5L V6 Ecoboost.
    Not really too concerned about fully charging the battery while driving.
    I do have a Champion 2500 Inverter Generator to handle a full recharge but I was just wondering.
    I saw on the Channel "Long Long Honeymoon" that they had installed a special Alternator to do just that.
    No thanks I'll stick with my Champion.............
    Lol! Yeah, I've had all the crazy setups through the years with my hobbies. Lots of folks I know ordered their tow vehicle with the double alternator option to over-the-road charge. Sounds like you're set regardless.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with the Tucson LD service department...I know!!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your truck charging is limited due to the wire gauge and amp rating of the 7-pin pigtail. If you slap on some solar, that will also augment the charging while enroute and let you take advantage of all of that free Arizona sunshine.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    So I finally got everything concerning my Lithium Battery, Inverter/Charger and Monitor for my 2021 Imagine 2500rl that I pick up from Lazydays in Tucson Arizona. Yup traveling 500 miles from LA to Tucson for a dozen reasons but mostly because the Southern California Grand Design Dealers out here are a total joke. I could write a book on how terrible they are but lets move on.....

On a more happier note I pick up our 2021 Imagine 2500rl in mid April in which the dealership (Lazydays) is installing a 32" Fireplace, 2 sets of RV Locks, a 12V 206Ah LiFePO4 Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery, Xantrex inverter/charger controller, Xantrex Bluetooth monitor and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.

Just kidding about the last part. Why this equipment (you ask) its because they will only warranty the items they sell.
    And to be honest with you I just want to get this all done and start camping. I will retire from the Press Enterprise Newspaper on June 4th and will turn 71 this year and I just want to live a little with my lovely wife (Honey) and our 2 Golden Retrievers.

But this would not be a posting from me if I didn't have a question (see that's what Newbies do).
    So let's say I'm dry camping for a couple of days and I run my Lithium 206Ah battery down to 60% full.
    If I take the rig on a 4 hour drive at 60 mph to our next camping spot how much do you think the battery would be charged up to?
    Keeping in mind it started the ride at only being 60% fully charged. Any way that's the question for the day!
    Thanks everyone for all the great help on the battery in the past posts.....
    Seriously consider getting a good bank of about 600W of solar with a MPPT controller and you wont need to worry about the driving time.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Extreme!

We were just over at LD Tucson 12/15-1/9/21. Great park overall and I've posted reviews. Very convenient. I agree with prior posters on your charge level, but then again, won't you just plugin when you get there and get'er all charged up? We're running parallel AGMs and never had an issue. We don't boondock enough to justify LioN/Solar (wife says I'm over budget already . I'm sure it will all work out and good to hear you are on the road!

Best,
    Jeff
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast