User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How big?

Ultrapapa10

Re: How big?

Hi Bob we have the 337 and love it. We pull it with a F350 like it's not even back there . We picked the 337 for it size it's easy to get around and it's great for long trips we left on Dec. 30 th and were gone for 4 weeks with no problem.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum Ultrapapa10!

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bob,

Lots of folks look at the towing capacity of their truck, and if the loaded fifth wheel weighs less than this amount, they think they are okay. On your Ford, open the driver's door, and look at the payload capacity on the tire inflation placard. This is the total amount of weight you can add to your truck. It consists of the fifth wheel pin weight, passengers, cargo, fifth wheel hitch, and anything else you envision putting in your truck.

The pin weight for a 305 is 2500 pounds. The pin weigh for a 368 is 2600 pounds. Please note that these are "based on average". You're pin weight could be more depending on how you load your rig. For my 2013 F350 SRW 6.7L diesel 4x4, my payload capacity is 3200 pounds. My hitch weighs 110 pounds. If I subtract the pin weigh of 2600 and the hitch weigh of 110 pounds, I'm left with 490 pounds for passengers and cargo. I'm probably okay with these numbers, but it puts me pretty close to maximum payload capacity. That's why I decided to go with the 337RLS. Since its pin weigh is only 2090 pounds, it gives me another 510 pounds of payload over the 368. I probably don't need that much, but I'd rather be well within weight tolerance vs. pushing the truck to its limit. If you calculate your payload and you'll be over weight, you probably should consider going with the lighter reflection line.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12