User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We took out a loan on our 310 with the intention of selling our paid for house, paying off the rv & going FT. Well phooey, medical issues got in the way & scrapped those plans.
    We were looking to pull some $ and pay it off, but decided to refinance through my credit union as what I was making on my investments at the time was more than I was paying in interest on the rv for the same money. Don't know if you could do that now with the market just floating & interest rates climbing.
    We too don't like carrying debt, but sometimes it makes sense it you can work it almost to your advantage.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we purchased that trailer a few months ago. we negotiated a trade and purchase, and the price range was 66-69. the general sense is that the prices continue to go down. This trailer is still priced a bit high compared to pre-boom prices. This particular trailer is still selling pretty well here in CA. I almost grabbed a 2022 for 62K but the difference of MSRP between the two years is less than 2K. Almost got it at that price at a show as the manufacturer was giving boost to help get the 2022’s off the lot. Unfortunately someone got it before me. My 2023 was build in late summer of 2022 - back when they were finally getting their supply chain in order. I think they built quite a bit then and are trying to move them, so my sense would be to try to start under the 62 and assume you can find one somewhere around 62-65. Here in CA it is a popular model as they were moving pretty fast in Jan. We almost got a one year old 2022 that folks used then realized that it was more than they could handle. Dealer wanted 59 for it and we could have gotten it for 58 or a little less but I walked out on that deal as I didn’t feel like I could trust the dealer - they started nickel and dime me for stuff. Best of luck and I offer you no advice on how to manage your money. As for us, we like making double payments and will pay it off as fast as we can.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kkmacs View Post
    we purchased that trailer a few months ago. we negotiated a trade and purchase, and the price range was 66-69. the general sense is that the prices continue to go down. This trailer is still priced a bit high compared to pre-boom prices. This particular trailer is still selling pretty well here in CA. I almost grabbed a 2022 for 62K but the difference of MSRP between the two years is less than 2K. Almost got it at that price at a show as the manufacturer was giving boost to help get the 2022’s off the lot. Unfortunately someone got it before me. My 2023 was build in late summer of 2022 - back when they were finally getting their supply chain in order. I think they built quite a bit then and are trying to move them, so my sense would be to try to start under the 62 and assume you can find one somewhere around 62-65. Here in CA it is a popular model as they were moving pretty fast in Jan. We almost got a one year old 2022 that folks used then realized that it was more than they could handle. Dealer wanted 59 for it and we could have gotten it for 58 or a little less but I walked out on that deal as I didn’t feel like I could trust the dealer - they started nickel and dime me for stuff. Best of luck and I offer you no advice on how to manage your money. As for us, we like making double payments and will pay it off as fast as we can.
    Sorry, forgot to mention that though I walked out on the used one, they sold it within two weeks. So here in CA, there is still a pretty solid market but they are marking them down to move them.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitexc View Post
    We are financed as well. It’s a pymt that is in the budget and for what we gain in memories I don’t care what it costs. It’s either the kids having fun and breaking things or the Mrs trying to help me park….memories!!!

Some great info and advice here but let’s face it, we aren’t all cut from the same cloth. That’s a good thing.
    Good advice. I'm the original poster and was just trying to get a ballpark to negotiate with the dealer. I know there are a lot of opinions out there "DON'T DO THIS and DON'T DO THAT". But many assumptions were made. There is no way I'm waiting to buy an RV with cash again, I already did that and loved the adventure. If that's a mistake, then I will own it. Also, I'm 44, my kids are grown, and both me and my spouse work. We have a plan to pay it off much quicker and did not use the 20-year financing option. I'm not rich, but I am blessed so at this point in my life I want to explore while I have health and freedom at my job to work remotely. This could all change in an instant.

Some people act like they are going to live forever. Some people want ultimate safety and guarantees. Some people are foolish and waste things that they can never recover.

You shouldn't define experiences in life by the ROI, like a Harford Business Student. We are all slowly losing our lives with the passing of every hour. Don't play with that. Live, love, don't mess up other people's lives, and find out for yourself who created this amazing planet we travel on and what He expects.
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel
    2023 Grand Design 315rlts

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruffeo324 View Post
    Good advice. I'm the original poster and was just trying to get a ballpark to negotiate with the dealer. I know there are a lot of opinions out there "DON'T DO THIS and DON'T DO THAT". But many assumptions were made. There is no way I'm waiting to buy an RV with cash again, I already did that and loved the adventure. If that's a mistake, then I will own it. Also, I'm 44, my kids are grown, and both me and my spouse work. We have a plan to pay it off much quicker and did not use the 20-year financing option. I'm not rich, but I am blessed so at this point in my life I want to explore while I have health and freedom at my job to work remotely. This could all change in an instant.

Some people act like they are going to live forever. Some people want ultimate safety and guarantees. Some people are foolish and waste things that they can never recover.

You shouldn't define experiences in life by the ROI, like a Harford Business Student. We are all slowly losing our lives with the passing of every hour. Don't play with that. Live, love, don't mess up other people's lives, and find out for yourself who created this amazing planet we travel on and what He expects.
    You cannot take it with you and none of us know when it's our time... My father served and worked his entire life to enjoy retirement. Cancer had another plan. I just lost on the 23rd an employee who went home after a normal workday, tucked in his wife and youngest, went to bed and never woke up. He was 53... However, he traveled the world, played in a band, owned a fleet of classic cycles, extreme outdoorsman, raised great kids, and had things in order for his family.
    Last edited by geotex1; 03-09-2023 at 07:49 AM.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you buy?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I'm a Grand Design owner now. 2023 315rlts

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. The things we do for RVing right? LOL
    Traded in a 2015 Catalina. Thanks for your input. Sorry did respond, it must have gotten lost in the posts.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    You cannot take it with you and none of us know when it's our time... My father served and worked his entire life to enjoy retirement. Cancer had another plan. I just lost on the 23rd an employee who went home after a normal workday, tucked in his wife and youngest, went to bed and never woke up. He was 53... However, he traveled the world, played in a band, owned a fleet of classic cycles, extreme outdoorsman, raised great kids, and had things in order for his family.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I'm a Grand Design owner now. 2023 315rlts
    Congratulations. Have fun
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast