User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruffeo324 View Post
    Good advice. I'm the original poster and was just trying to get a ballpark to negotiate with the dealer. I know there are a lot of opinions out there "DON'T DO THIS and DON'T DO THAT". But many assumptions were made. There is no way I'm waiting to buy an RV with cash again, I already did that and loved the adventure. If that's a mistake, then I will own it. Also, I'm 44, my kids are grown, and both me and my spouse work. We have a plan to pay it off much quicker and did not use the 20-year financing option. I'm not rich, but I am blessed so at this point in my life I want to explore while I have health and freedom at my job to work remotely. This could all change in an instant.

Some people act like they are going to live forever. Some people want ultimate safety and guarantees. Some people are foolish and waste things that they can never recover.

You shouldn't define experiences in life by the ROI, like a Harford Business Student. We are all slowly losing our lives with the passing of every hour. Don't play with that. Live, love, don't mess up other people's lives, and find out for yourself who created this amazing planet we travel on and what He expects.
    Excellent post. I'm of the opinion that people should try and do as much as they can when they can. If that means financing then so be it. The older you get the more issues you become susceptible to. As a Prostate cancer survivor I can attest that your life can change from one day to the next. We don't know from day to day what will happen. At 70 years old I feel like I have about 4-6 years left to enjoy RV'ing fully. Maybe longer but lots of things factor in that we don't expect. Something as simple as doing some yard work and over exerting yourself and getting a pulled back muscle or something similar can put a damper on your plans.

The thing about life is that we don't get do 'overs.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A former coworker gave me the best advice ever: "Never take financial advice from a pilot (he had been a financial advisor before changing careers)". I think the same could be applied to internet RV forums.

Do what works for you. There tons of people well versed in these matters and tons who aren't. There are some of each here with some good and bad advice.

What works for me? I was planning on buying a new F-350 and a new RV. I like my current truck, and my current RV. I like the flexibility they give me, and I like the fact that they don't burden me. I think I'll keep them and upgrade later.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have derailed with some major sanctimony here. To all of the people who pay cash for everything, we all commend you for being better than everyone else. Congrats. To the OP I just went to a show and you can get that unit for 60-63 all day long. You didn’t say how much you are putting down but you’ll need 20% minimum for most places to finance it. Do not buy an extended warranty. They are not worth the money. I’m interested if you made a deal or not. I think that for 180 months you can get one for 500 or less per month. 60k with 12 down at 8% over 15 is 500 per month. So I’m going to say go for it. But you may find out or may already know that a less than 20% down payment might kill the deal.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 278BH (150)
    2022 Ford F-350 Lariat Godzilla SRW
    B&W Companion Ford OEM 20k with Turning Point

2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4 gas (SOLD)
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 21BHE (SOLD)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ardvark16 View Post
    We have derailed with some major sanctimony here. To all of the people who pay cash for everything, we all commend you for being better than everyone else. Congrats. To the OP I just went to a show and you can get that unit for 60-63 all day long. You didn’t say how much you are putting down but you’ll need 20% minimum for most places to finance it. Do not buy an extended warranty. They are not worth the money. I’m interested if you made a deal or not. I think that for 180 months you can get one for 500 or less per month. 60k with 12 down at 8% over 15 is 500 per month. So I’m going to say go for it. But you may find out or may already know that a less than 20% down payment might kill the deal.
    They already purchased
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did they get the price they wanted?

I love a good deal story.
    Last edited by ardvark16; 03-15-2023 at 09:12 AM.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 278BH (150)
    2022 Ford F-350 Lariat Godzilla SRW
    B&W Companion Ford OEM 20k with Turning Point

2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4 gas (SOLD)
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 21BHE (SOLD)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ardvark16 View Post
    Did they get the price they wanted?

I love a good deal story.
    They bought so I would say yes