User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Underbelly

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktnissen View Post
    I feel better After seeing them, and I might put a strap for reinforcement, but it is really overkill.
    Thank you so much for those photos! That gives me 100x more information than I had before on that area. Much appreciated!
    signature

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkhunter22 View Post
    A couple tricks is to use 3M - 77 spray glue then put wide duct tape over it after it is tacky and for PEX ust rubber hose around pex in areas that go through frame
    I forgot to mention pipe insulation. Works as padding and as insulation.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLight View Post
    Rigid insulation was out for me as too many things hang below the frame. My cover just flexes around it all.

I did some things you might consider.
    -Mounted weather stripping tape (1/8 x 2) around the perimeter to help sealing. I generally sealed up as much as possible!
    -Used batt insulation, but glued to to the belly cover with spray glue. This helps keep it in place when installing the cover and during travel or future work.
    -Cut the cover into 4' pieces with 2x2 cross members for attachment. No more all or nothing removal. (Pine 2x2 weighs 1/4 of hem/fir 2x4)
    -Used belly cover tape, and cleaned the cover well before hand. Heat, wind, water, and grit will degrade duck type tape.

I wish I had put insulation on the frame rails. Steel is a lousy insulator!
    Thank you for the suggestions especially putting the underbelly up in sections plus weatherstripping. I have a ton of glue to remove from the last time Grand Design put the belly back.

What belly cover tape does you use?
    Last edited by ktnissen; 03-12-2023 at 08:31 AM.
    2019 F450 CC
    2021 Momentum 395MS-R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone needs better pictures of anything let me know. Got all the supplies yesterday and ready to dive in. Today I am trimming and securing wiring and running furnace pipe/tube and cleaning up glue and rust. Tomorrow will be new pex line to replace flexible tubing on the kitchen island and fridge ice maker.

I bought closed cell foam board and going to try and add an extra layer of insulation along with some batten insulation since our floor is always chilly. There seems to be enough lip on all the frame supports to cut, fit and tape them in so it is not resting on the underbelly. Will try and take pictures.
    2019 F450 CC
    2021 Momentum 395MS-R

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before you close it up, I'd recommend hitting all those surface rust spots with Rust Reformer.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Before you close it up, I'd recommend hitting all those surface rust spots with Rust Reformer.
    That is definitely on the list.
    2019 F450 CC
    2021 Momentum 395MS-R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the suggestions especially putting the underbelly up in sections plus weatherstripping. I have a ton of glue to remove from the last time Grand Design put the belly back.

What belly cover tape does you use?
    https://www.amazon.com/Surface-Shiel.../dp/B002SSGAZG
    It leaves glue behind too. Acetone cleans it well, but watch how much you breath it!
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLight View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Surface-Shiel.../dp/B002SSGAZG
    It leaves glue behind too. Acetone cleans it well, but watch how much you breath it!
    set up a fan to blow fresh air at you, and a respirator is a good idea as well. you only get one set of lungs.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone needs better pictures of anything let me know.
    I don't think you can take too many pictures! This is very good info and you're doing something that I think a lot of us have done or will do.

A couple specific requests
    1. If you can get closeups of the fresh water tanks' overflow fittings - such as where they go into the tank and how much room there is around there to potentially put in a vacuum breaking fitting, that would be helpful. The unintended sloshing & siphoning of fresh water after filling them to overflow seems to be a common problem. (See https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/sear...archid=2544251)
    2. A good photo & maybe a description of how to find the black & grey dump valves would also probably be really nice.

Again, thanks much for pioneering this area.
    signature

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post
    I don't think you can take too many pictures! This is very good info and you're doing something that I think a lot of us have done or will do.

A couple specific requests
    1. If you can get closeups of the fresh water tanks' overflow fittings - such as where they go into the tank and how much room there is around there to potentially put in a vacuum breaking fitting, that would be helpful. The unintended sloshing & siphoning of fresh water after filling them to overflow seems to be a common problem. (See https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/sear...archid=2544251)
    2. A good photo & maybe a description of how to find the black & grey dump valves would also probably be really nice.

Again, thanks much for pioneering this area.
    I will get those pictures tomorrow.
    2019 F450 CC
    2021 Momentum 395MS-R

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast