Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New GMC/Duramax

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    I am going to look at a LTZ that has all the premium stuff, pucks, off road suspension, cameras all around, massages your bottom, 20” wheels, and the snow plow option. Does not have a sunroof or the multiflex tailgate. Payload is 3,823. It has the skid plates, so if I wanted, that would be 30 lbs or so. I have a buddy with a high country with almost identical equipment, but no skid plates. His payload is 3,843.

Interesting, while researching, the ‘24’s has 300 lbs more tow rating. I am thinking that is due to the upgraded engine.
    My new 2022 GMC Sierra 3500 has nearly the same items you listed except for the sunroof and the same capacity---3836. It is the AT4 with the lift kit and all the skid plates and such and it's a long bed to boot.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    My new 2022 GMC Sierra 3500 has nearly the same items you listed except for the sunroof and the same capacity---3836. It is the AT4 with the lift kit and all the skid plates and such and it's a long bed to boot.
    That is great. Looks like you offset the weight of the sunroof with being a long bed.

The sunroof seems to be a very popular item. Looking around, got to say 70% had it, or at least it seemed like it. I have one on my current truck, and in four years, I have opened it three times, figured I didn’t need the weight penalty.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is great. Looks like you offset the weight of the sunroof with being a long bed.

The sunroof seems to be a very popular item. Looking around, got to say 70% had it, or at least it seemed like it. I have one on my current truck, and in four years, I have opened it three times, figured I didn’t need the weight penalty.
    I love my sunroof. Open the back window a couple of inches and flip the sunroof up and it provides nice airflow without the whoosh of having the windows open.

BTW, mine is a 2019 Denali srw Duramax and my payload is 3500 with 11500 GVWR.

Definitely went up past 4 years.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    I love my sunroof. Open the back window a couple of inches and flip the sunroof up and it provides nice airflow without the whoosh of having the windows open.

Bill
    X2 on that Bill ! We have done this many times......really works well. City/town driving or highways both work well.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adirondak5 View Post
    Traded in the F250 gasser on a GMC 3500HD 4x4 Standard Bed CC Duramax 10 speed Allison . Got a few other packages with it too , fifth wheel prep pkg , preferred pkg . off road and protection pkg , value pkg and still more . Picked it up and brought it home Monday . Got a good price for the F250 as that only had 28000 miles on it so saved a good bit on sales tax . Had a B&W companion for Ford pucks in the F250 so had to order a new base for that , the top hitch plate is interchangeable between bases . Truck rode great on the way home , plenty of zip , the Allison shifted very smoothly . Can't wait to see how it pulls the 278BH .

Attachment 45327
    The truck in my signature is the first I’ve had with a 10 speed Allison. I’ve never driven any vehicle with an automatic that shifts this smooth. If not for the rpm change, you wouldn’t know it shifted. You will be smiling when u pull your trailer!
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMagelitz View Post
    The truck in my signature is the first I’ve had with a 10 speed Allison. I’ve never driven any vehicle with an automatic that shifts this smooth. If not for the rpm change, you wouldn’t know it shifted. You will be smiling when u pull your trailer!
    I always liked the way my old f-250 shifted (6 speed) , it was nice and smooth . This Allison 10 speed has it beat for smooth shifting .
    2021 REFLECTION 150 SERIES 278BH
    2023 GMC 3500HD Duramax Allison 4x4 CC SB
    B&W COMPANION HITCH FOR GM FIFTH WHEEL PREP PKG RVK3710
    Herb

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to look at a LTZ that has all the premium stuff, pucks, off road suspension, cameras all around, massages your bottom, 20” wheels, and the snow plow option. Does not have a sunroof or the multiflex tailgate. Payload is 3,823. It has the skid plates, so if I wanted, that would be 30 lbs or so. I have a buddy with a high country with almost identical equipment, but no skid plates. His payload is 3,843.

Interesting, while researching, the ‘24’s has 300 lbs more tow rating. I am thinking that is due to the upgraded engine.
    Yesterday, I went and looked at the truck, and bought it, so I now have a '23 Chevy 3500HD LTZ CC SB 4x4 with the Dmax. It has the premium package on it, with the off road suspension, 5th/gooseneck, roof marker lights, and the snow plow option. Payload is 3,823 lbs on it. The camera rear view mirror is going to take a bit to get use to, for some reason my eyes really does not like it.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smullinax View Post
    Saw something interesting yesterday....another 2023 3500 HD showed up in southern AZ....this one an LT, but configured almost the same as the LTZ in Phoenix. Had the sales people send me pics of door stickers from both trucks. Both were 12,100 GVW, Crew Cab, Duramax, Standard bed, fifth wheel pckg, buckets seats/console, power tow mirrors....
    LT had 20" wheels/chrome assist steps/standard tailgate while LTZ had 18" wheels/no steps/multiflex tailgate/leather/power rear slider/etc.
    Cargo capacity on the LT was 3896...curb weight 8204
    Cargo capacity on the LTZ was 3895...curb weight 8205
    1 lb difference....
    I thought the LTZ would be considerably heavier with the leather and more tech stuff.
    Which brings up a question: the window sticker on the LT shows the chrome assist steps as "dealer installed". So is the weight of these steps included in the factory sticker? Not a big concern, just the curious type.
    Any added equipment even if supplied by the factory is not in the curb weight on the door
    This would be the reason for the difference
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday, I went and looked at the truck, and bought it, so I now have a '23 Chevy 3500HD LTZ CC SB 4x4 with the Dmax. It has the premium package on it, with the off road suspension, 5th/gooseneck, roof marker lights, and the snow plow option. Payload is 3,823 lbs on it. The camera rear view mirror is going to take a bit to get use to, for some reason my eyes really does not like it.
    Congrats ! Sounds like a sweet ride , how about a picture ?
    2021 REFLECTION 150 SERIES 278BH
    2023 GMC 3500HD Duramax Allison 4x4 CC SB
    B&W COMPANION HITCH FOR GM FIFTH WHEEL PREP PKG RVK3710
    Herb

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flip the little toggle thingy on the underside of the mirror to the opposite position, and it will go to normal rear view mirror mode.

They may change this in future years, but I think in ‘23 you give up the power tailgate when you go with the multiflex. Frankly, I think I like the power tailgate more!
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast