User Tag List

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it all depends on where you live .... local hospital here lost 16 million in revenues last month and has 400 of 800 empty beds ... just laid off many of the staff plenty of room for what ever you need as long as it is not elective ... Too bad we cannot see what is really happening ... later Frank ... ya'll be safe
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A test like this could transform our response: Simple at-home test knows you're sick before you do.
    Last edited by backtrack2015; 04-13-2020 at 03:54 PM.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It amazes me to see all of the enthusiasm, emotion and heavy focus on practicing social/physical distancing, masking-up, and so on because of the threat to everyone else’s LIFE.

I wonder where this passionate response goes when it comes to say …… the 100% mortality rate of abortion? (Between 2013-2016, there were 644,678 average ANNUAL abortions reported to the CDC. Ref: https://www.cdc.gov/reproductiveheal...s/abortion.htm)

Or how about simply traffic accidents? (As I reported in a prior response, traffic accidents account for about 1.3 million average ANNUAL deaths worldwide, or put another way 3,287 average DAILY deaths. Ref: https://safer-america.com/car-accident-statistics/)

I haven’t seen a widespread outcry against motor vehicles, abortion, etc.

Just “food for thought!” Make your own “informed” decisions and stay safe everyone! -Diego

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Life is inherently full of risk. Each one of us does a conscious or unconscious risk/benefit analysis for almost everything we do. We then add hopefully reasonable precautions to mitigate that perceived or actual risk. Additionally, we take additional mitigating actions to limit the risk to those around us in day to day life. We obey stop lights, we have insurance, we generally don't get in each other's faces or cause a confrontation. We look both ways when we cross the street.

Each one of us has a variable scale as to how we measure risk. I am a multi-engine instrument rated pilot, have over 800 skydives, been riding fast motorcycles for 50+ years. I enjoy and am well trained in tactical shooting and have scuba dived the Great Barrier reef multiple times among other sports and hobbies. Does that make me cool? Well...yes , but that's not my point.

My point is that those who would not take those risks should not be forced to, nor should those who choose to take them be forced to suspend them.

We can all do reasonable things like wearing masks and being cognizant of cleanliness and prophylaxis. You can maintain reasonable distance from others and keep those at risk from further danger by being aware and participating. You can also show judgement in determining whether or not you want to open a store and meter traffic or open your drive through car wash or any other work that can meter traffic and space and takes reasonable precautions. I don't need to be told by those in a high rise New York rabbit warren apartment building that it is dangerous for me to be outside with a known neighbor on our combined 13 acres. I don't need our government to tell me what is an "essential business" and what is not. We the people can determine that as part of our responsible participation in civic behavior.

Give us the best information possible, make recommendations, and then get out of our way.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    Life is inherently full of risk. Each one of us does a conscious or unconscious risk/benefit analysis for almost everything we do. We then add hopefully reasonable precautions to mitigate that perceived or actual risk. Additionally, we take additional mitigating actions to limit the risk to those around us in day to day life. We obey stop lights, we have insurance, we generally don't get in each other's faces or cause a confrontation. We look both ways when we cross the street.

Each one of us has a variable scale as to how we measure risk. I am a multi-engine instrument rated pilot, have over 800 skydives, been riding fast motorcycles for 50+ years. I enjoy and am well trained in tactical shooting and have scuba dived the Great Barrier reef multiple times among other sports and hobbies. Does that make me cool? Well...yes , but that's not my point.

My point is that those who would not take those risks should not be forced to, nor should those who choose to take them be forced to suspend them.

We can all do reasonable things like wearing masks and being cognizant of cleanliness and prophylaxis. You can maintain reasonable distance from others and keep those at risk from further danger by being aware and participating. You can also show judgement in determining whether or not you want to open a store and meter traffic or open your drive through car wash or any other work that can meter traffic and space and takes reasonable precautions. I don't need to be told by those in a high rise New York rabbit warren apartment building that it is dangerous for me to be outside with a known neighbor on our combined 13 acres. I don't need our government to tell me what is an "essential business" and what is not. We the people can determine that as part of our responsible participation in civic behavior.

Give us the best information possible, make recommendations, and then get out of our way.
    Well said .... Can I Hold your Beer It will be the people that fixes this as it always is ..... Thanks Jeff and Jen
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I'm a single-engine non-instrument rated pilot, have exactly 1 skydive (over Ambergris Caye, Belize), have ridden half a dozen fast dirt bikes over 40+ years. I reload my own ammo and started diving in 1977 and have over 1,500 dives in a dozen countries. Oh, I also ride the downhill bike park at Mt Bachelor every summer and I am cool! Just kidding. On a good day I'm average at best. Just like doing fun stuff.

The highest risk I have of dying is from a stroke while approaching the traffic circles in my town. Nobody here seems to understand how to use them. Drives me crazy!!!!!
    I would have liked to do that Belize dive.
    Jeff and Jen
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Thomas Jefferson put it succinctly - I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery
    Jeff and Jen

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    I think Thomas Jefferson put it succinctly - I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery
    Here is some additional wisdom courtesy of the Founding Fathers:

“Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!” Patrick Henry 3/23/1775

If they (the Founding Fathers) could see us now what would they think?
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRunners View Post
    Here is some additional wisdom courtesy of the Founding Fathers:

“Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!” Patrick Henry 3/23/1775

If they (the Founding Fathers) could see us now what would they think?
    Bunch of wimps I would say... I've lived a good life and see no real reason to stop now. Done things that some people wouldn't, and maybe shouldn't do. I will, however, take precautions to not endanger others. Life is to be lived, not hidden from. Not to put religion in here, but God didn't intend for us to live under a rock - he is the rock!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, too many great responses to quote, but thank you @JColeman, @RVRunners, & @SGT ROC!! I will simply say AWESOME!!!

Stay safe everyone! -Diego

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast