User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is an update to my question and this thread. Since it is under warranty I took it to the dealership. I gave the tech all the good information here that I found. I even printed it and took it in a word doc so they could test every thing properly. I went and picked it up and to be safe rented a pad across the highway to do my own testing. I took several videos. As you could likely guess, they did not fix it. They said the overfilled the grey tanks and did every test they knew to do. My first video was letting water run down the drain. No leak. My second video was spraying water into the shower door track and sure enough leaked as bad as ever. I could see water coming under the track onto the bathroom floor. Never noticed that on previous trips. I took it back the same day and they caulked the snot out of the door track and it didn't leak when I water tested it. I sure hope that is it and it doesn't come back. Is it odd that GD sends these out without water testing them or sealing the track of a shower?? I called GD to make sure the caulking was the thing to do and the dealership wasn't doing anything wrong. Janet told me she didn't know and would get back to me. I sent her a picture but she won't return my email. Oh well. I think in the end if you're going to own an RV you have to become good at problem solving is my take away. Also, I am going to use Camping World going forward as the GD dealer has been a service disappointed. CW seems to have many more supplies as well.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 60356jai View Post
    ...Also, I am going to use Camping World going forward as the GD dealer has been a service disappointed. CW seems to have many more supplies as well.
    Camping World has one of the worst reputations in the RV universe. I would never take my RV there.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If filing under warranty, GD wont authorize Camping World to do any repairs. My wife's cousin full times and they had a big water incident. Long story short, they took it to the CW near us, they were they only RV dealer who was not booked months out for repair. CW told them they would remove all the vinyl flooring, replace subflooring, remove and replace coroplast and insulation. All they did was change out the vinyl flooring, floor is a little squishy now. CW wont respond to them and they are attempting to fix themselves while on the road. Why they accepted it from CW in that condition is another story...

This just occurred within the last few weeks.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours was the shower track that needed caulking. Leaking underneath the track the shower sits in.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like Camping World is not the place to go. They do have quite the supply of camping goods. Lifestyle where we bought our 2022 310GK has a couple rows bit not extensive. Maybe just a good place to buy things needed. Appreciate the advice on CW. Happy Camping!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12