User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been towing one of two different 5th wheels for 5 years with an F250. Originally didn't have my Firestone Air Bags but got them soon after started towing to eliminate excessive squat. Having the air bags definitely improves the stability when towing but I only use 35-40 psi in each of the left and right. The drawback is that manufacturer says to keep 5-10 psi in the bags to prevent damage and that pressure stiffens the ride noticeably when not towing. The truck also has to be lifted from the suspension when rotating the tires or lifting the truck to work on it for any other reason or the air bags can be damaged.
    Scott & Susan
    2016 F250 CC SB SRW 4x4 pulling 2018 Momentum 349M
    Firestone Air Bags & 40 gal RDS Tank Bilstein 5100 Steering & 4600 Shocks

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd ask to see that "spec".
    -------------------------------
    2021 Reflection 320 MKS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sense the tread has taken a car turn (left only). My summer ride.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F0D86AC4-2182-4859-BD30-D8A89BD8F2AF.jpeg 
Views:	17 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	32100

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO I prefer an aftermarket airbag system, I have seen the electronic control interface of the Ram models. I prefer the bag system to be separate as if I am correct on this, Ram uses radio interface for the controls. Maybe this has changed, but how can this system regulate pressure? It only can regulate to truck level not trailer level. You can more efficiently level your trailer with a aftermarket system and have a better ride and safer tow. If you level your truck and it pushes weight off trailer hitch weight you may get wagging or chocking.
    Ram truck is the way to go IMO as tow capacity is extremely better than most manufactures. I vote for Ram Truck and Red Label Firestone airbags.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1772.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	32102

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had 3 trucks on the firestone airbag system it has worked awesome on all trucks, had generally between 25 - 35 lbs max loaded no issues. When running empty had them at 5lbs with no issues at all . One thing you got to remember when pulling a 5th wheel you got 2 adjustments 1 in the hitch on the trailer and also in the hitch on the truck ,extra holes for up or down adjustment . You running the airbags you can do a little small more adjustments for everything running level without the squat. But one thing you do need to know is when buying a truck make it a one ton srw or a dually,just built heavier.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I would also like to convert this post to a late 60's- early 70's muscle car thread, I too will stick the question asked

I have a 2017 F350 SRW and pull a 2017 GD Momentum 376TH toy hauler. I have had the trailer for 3 years, since new.
    I debated installing airbags when I first got it as the suspension was "adequate". The truck had a little squat, and this was my main reason for deciding to install bags at the time.
    I installed the Firestone air bag system myself, and also opted to install an electric pump which I mounted in the bed and ran the gauge and power switch in to the cab and mounted under the dash. I also wired the pump/switch to the #1 upfitter switch.
    One other option I would HIGHLY recommend to anyone as well is installing a "T" fitting just off the input side of the pump, and putting a standard valve stem (supplied with the Firestone system) on the "T", giving you the option to manually add air to the system should the pump not be operational. Simple 2 minute add on that you will be glad you did.
    I tow my trailer all over the country year round, and use it for work. I initially installed the bags to adjust the squat, but am glad I did, as it is more needed with the crappy roads that we have which seem to be getting only worse. I will typically run around 30-40psi in the bags, but will adjust more or less depending on the state I am going through and the conditions of the roads.

And....... Just for the curious minds......
    67 Olds 442 fully restored to 100% original
    71 Mach1 "The Beast" fully restored exterior/interior 100% original (drivetrain, well, seatbelts are required)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a newbie, can someone share a general ballpark estimate of the costs to add bags to an F350? Nothing too specific, just general range would be helpful.

Thanks.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyinRV View Post
    For a newbie, can someone share a general ballpark estimate of the costs to add bags to an F350? Nothing too specific, just general range would be helpful.

Thanks.
    Airlift Ultimate Pro series bags and Wireless One compressor Installed... $1800
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mylostclub View Post
    Although I would also like to convert this post to a late 60's- early 70's muscle car thread, I too will stick the question asked

I have a 2017 F350 SRW and pull a 2017 GD Momentum 376TH toy hauler. I have had the trailer for 3 years, since new.
    I debated installing airbags when I first got it as the suspension was "adequate". The truck had a little squat, and this was my main reason for deciding to install bags at the time.
    I installed the Firestone air bag system myself, and also opted to install an electric pump which I mounted in the bed and ran the gauge and power switch in to the cab and mounted under the dash. I also wired the pump/switch to the #1 upfitter switch.
    One other option I would HIGHLY recommend to anyone as well is installing a "T" fitting just off the input side of the pump, and putting a standard valve stem (supplied with the Firestone system) on the "T", giving you the option to manually add air to the system should the pump not be operational. Simple 2 minute add on that you will be glad you did.
    I tow my trailer all over the country year round, and use it for work. I initially installed the bags to adjust the squat, but am glad I did, as it is more needed with the crappy roads that we have which seem to be getting only worse. I will typically run around 30-40psi in the bags, but will adjust more or less depending on the state I am going through and the conditions of the roads.

And....... Just for the curious minds......
    67 Olds 442 fully restored to 100% original
    71 Mach1 "The Beast" fully restored exterior/interior 100% original (drivetrain, well, seatbelts are required)

LOL.....check my sig....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ch2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	32107Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RO.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	32108
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On two RAM dually trucks I’ve added aftermarket bags & remote comp. system. As tall as newer trucks are , I wanted to have a little squat , and be able to control how much myself. I’m only running 28-30 psi towing , but it makes a considerable difference in ride quality. That should be roughly 1600-1700 lbs. of lift. This puts the truck right at 1/2” low in the rear , to level. RV is level. Empty I drop to 5 psi. Should be around $1000 for parts and a few hours in your garage.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast