User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting cable on Roku tv

After scanning “live tv” as directed for cable channels on Roku, the channels appear as I use remote but it says “no signal “on each station . Coax cable is plugged in to camper panel where it’s labeled “cable”. Tried putting the Jensen on aux 1, and aux 2 and still nothing. What am I missing? I can only get antennae and WiFi channels to play.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM2021 View Post
    After scanning “live tv” as directed for cable channels on Roku, the channels appear as I use remote but it says “no signal “on each station . Coax cable is plugged in to camper panel where it’s labeled “cable”. Tried putting the Jensen on aux 1, and aux 2 and still nothing. What am I missing? I can only get antennae and WiFi channels to play.
    Hi, welcome to the forum.

Don't know what trailer you have but this advice is good for many of them:

In the wall of one of the cabinets near the TV, look for a dark brown switchplate with cable connectors on it. On the lower part of that switchplate is a teeny-tiny impossible-to-see button. If you push it in an LED will light up on the switchplate (or maybe it will go out, I forget!). If you push it again it will pop back out and the LED will go off (or on!)

If the switch isn't inside one of the cabinets it's somewhere else in that area, or possibly in the bedroom.

That two-position switch determines whether your TV watches the antenna or the cable. It might be the reason you can't see your cable.

Hope it's that simple. Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. We tried that too. Didn’t work. Used to work with the old TVs but not working with this Roku. Does anyone know if it has something to do with the Jensen sound system? We have to have the Jensen on aux 1 to get sound from the tv.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try this link. It explains the process:

https://support.tcl.com/rokutv-setup...ur-tcl-roku-tv

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekender01 View Post
    Try this link. It explains the process:

https://support.tcl.com/rokutv-setup...ur-tcl-roku-tv
    The video in that link is talking about set top boxes for cable and satellite receivers, not for cable channels coming in on a line from the RV park. It's good information, though.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but thanks anyway. Everything is hooked up correctly internally. We’ve only had this camper a few months. First long trip with it. It’s a 2021 reflection 150 series. Never had a problem with our last grand design media system. Beginning to think GD may not have connected cable from outside ports to inside ports

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM2021 View Post
    Yes but thanks anyway. Everything is hooked up correctly internally. We’ve only had this camper a few months. First long trip with it. It’s a 2021 reflection 150 series. Never had a problem with our last grand design media system. Beginning to think GD may not have connected cable from outside ports to inside ports
    It's possible. I need to use my fox and hound (cable tone tracer and tone generator) to trace the cable and see if it's not connected. You can get a set off Amazon for around 20 bucks. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00APD16...1QTTKKMQ9HH7QR

You will need to get a short length of coax with an F connector on the end, strip the other end so you have the shield and center conductor exposed, clip the tone generator to the exposed end, screw it into the input, go inside with the hound and touch the to to the F connector on the wall by the TV and see if you get the tone. If so, you have a connection all the way through, if not, now you have to find where it's not connected.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a tech guy, so I feel silly for not figuring the cable/antenna/aux/sat system out on this trailer. But to get cable channels...I connect the outside cable to the SAT/LIVING ROOM connection in the wet bay area and then unscrew the coax connection above the TV from the "TV" connector to the "AUX/SAT" connector. I then use the TV to scan for channels on the Cable. It works, but @boyscout has me wondering if that red button really WOULD allow the TV to know I was connected to cable.

A really simple solution is to connect a long piece of cable to the AUX connector and walk it back to the wet bay and see that there is continuity to the AUX connector in the wet bay and if the TV connector really does connect to the CABLE connection in the wet bay. I'll get to that tomorrow. (Sure you will...)
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pengle View Post
    I'm a tech guy, so I feel silly for not figuring the cable/antenna/aux/sat system out on this trailer. But to get cable channels...I connect the outside cable to the SAT/LIVING ROOM connection in the wet bay area and then unscrew the coax connection above the TV from the "TV" connector to the "AUX/SAT" connector. I then use the TV to scan for channels on the Cable. It works, but @boyscout has me wondering if that red button really WOULD allow the TV to know I was connected to cable.

A really simple solution is to connect a long piece of cable to the AUX connector and walk it back to the wet bay and see that there is continuity to the AUX connector in the wet bay and if the TV connector really does connect to the CABLE connection in the wet bay. I'll get to that tomorrow. (Sure you will...)
    Thanks. I’ll give that a try

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    It's possible. I need to use my fox and hound (cable tone tracer and tone generator) to trace the cable and see if it's not connected. You can get a set off Amazon for around 20 bucks. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00APD16...1QTTKKMQ9HH7QR
    @TM2021 here's another tool that comes with feedback connectors; a little neater and more versatile than the one above.

https://www.amazon.com/Locations-Exp...7283656&sr=8-5
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast