User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom 'r Bust View Post
    I see all the "atta boys" are for the Coleman AC's. I have the Dometic AC's and am very disappointed in how the airflow fits. There are gaps in both the side openings and the main fan opening in the ceiling. The Dometic airfow is a much different animal. So be warned all you Dometic Airfow folks.

I am going to do the diy version on my second AC.
    I also have the Dometic AC's. I covered the gap with foil tape and have a tight seal.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    I also have the Dometic AC's. I covered the gap with foil tape and have a tight seal.

Red
    I did the same el Rojo. My core complaint is when you spend $150+ on a chunk of Styrofoam, you expect the design and engineering to be top notch. Obviously not the case for both of us.

The diy version will fit better and probably work better as well.
    2021 Winnebago 2932 5th wheel
    2020 F350 w/7.3 Godzilla
    2018 Reflection 220RK - sold 11/20
    2018 Titan XD 4x4 SL - sold 11/20

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked the 2 AC units in our 310GK and the unit in the main part of the trailer has the kit installed but not the one in the bedroom.

I got to thinking that there might be some reason they did this other that just saving a couple of bucks. The only thing I came up with was if you were in a climate where you wanted to leave the AC on all night when you sleep. If you open the side vents on the AC unit then most of the air would go directly into the bedroom and little would go thru the vent system into the rest of the trailer. This coupled with the bedroom AC having its own thermostat, if you closed the door that would keep the bedroom comfortable without the expense of cooling the entire trailer.

I am going to think about this before I jump in and put a kit in the bedroom AC.
    2021 Solitude 310GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slightly off topic... but I contacted the friendly folks at RV Air Flow Systems have plans to see if they have any plans on making one of these for the Furrion units that we are now seeing in a lot of the Imagine and Transcend units and unfortunately they currently don't.

I will say that the Furrion unit is notably quieter than my last few trailers that had either Dometic or Coleman Mach units. So I decided to see what I could do to make my unit a little quieter since it is directly above my theater seats and does hinder hearing the TV to some extent.... I took some thick corrugated cardboard and cut an insert that fit very snug into the "air dump" since I never use it anyways and to my surprise, it made a very distinct improvement in the sound level of the AC unit. To better explain what I mean is that the sound of the turbulant air flowing out of the AC and into the open space in the ceiling before getting forced into the ducting in the ceiling was noticeably quieter. I may try a piece of 1/2" closed cell foam and see if that reduces it even more. Before doing this, I didn't realize how much of the noise you hear is actually due to the turbulence in the outlet and leaking of air past the "air dump" when closed.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PappaJohn View Post
    RV Airflow Systems’ website says that GD is installing these units at the factory. Does anyone know if this is true and in what models after what build date.

Thanks
    Yes on the '21 310s. However, as someone mentioned, just the one in the main living room unit NOT in the bedroom unit.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RV Airflow Systems’ website says that GD is installing these units at the factory. Does anyone know if this is true and in what models after what build date.

Thanks
    Our 2021 Reflection 315RLTS (built July 2020) came with one in the living room but not in the bedroom. I called GD to ask why. They said it was so you could use the dumps in the bedroom. I'd rather have it in both. We love the RVAS in the LR and only use the bedroom A/C if the LR unit can't keep up on really hot days.
    Bob and Joanne
    2021 Reflection 315RLTS
    2020 F-250, Crew Cab, Short Bed, 7.3 Gas, 4x4
    20K Weigh-Safe hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since nearly all air conditioners seem to benefit from the increased airflow of this product, and everyone agrees that there is a serious lack of efficiency of airflow in the design and manufacture of these expensive and necessary components of nearly all RVs regardless of model, makes me wonder why manufacturers refuse to update and improve the very flimsy components that are common in these units. Why do they make such a poor product when it has been shown that a well designed upgrade can greatly improve performance?

My middle AC unit has an RV Airflow unit, and it far outperforms my other 2 units. (with the racetrack arrangements it’s designed that way). I applaud GD for including in my rig, but don’t understand why the component manufacturers are satisfied with performance that is so easily improved. (not to take anything away from the work of the RV Airflow folks)
    Matt
    2021 Momentum 376THS FW
    2020 Ram 3500 HO Cummins DRW LB
    B&W Companion 25K Splendide Washer and Dryer Separate DV6400X

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Yes, they are installing them. If yours is a 2021, you probably have it. Take down the filter covers and the filters. Look up into the chamber and if you see white styrofoam you have them
    Gary & Debbie Reischer
    Chadds Ford, Pa
    2020 Solitude 2930RL-R
    2015 F350 Lariat CC 6.7 Diesel Pull Rite 4400 Super Glide Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2021 Momentum 397 built in July 2020 does not have them. I installed one in the bedroom and for a buck fifty for a piece of styrofoam I did not notice that much difference in air volume and quite. GD did do a good job of sealing everything up. I added more. In the main and garage I'm going to do the diy. I will admit though they are easy to install. Took me maybe 15 minutes. I just can't justify the price.
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 397th
    MORryde Rubber Pinbox, CRE 3000, Sumo Springs
    2020 F-350 CC DRW Diesel, LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate
    B&W 20K Companion Hitch, ATTA 50g Aux Fuel Tank

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 210craig View Post
    I have a 2021 Momentum 397 built in July 2020 does not have them. I installed one in the bedroom and for a buck fifty for a piece of styrofoam I did not notice that much difference in air volume and quite. GD did do a good job of sealing everything up. I added more. In the main and garage I'm going to do the diy. I will admit though they are easy to install. Took me maybe 15 minutes. I just can't justify the price.
    I plan to do the DIY myself on my heat pump in the living room. I already sealed off the dump vents and that made a difference
    Gary & Debbie Reischer
    Chadds Ford, Pa
    2020 Solitude 2930RL-R
    2015 F350 Lariat CC 6.7 Diesel Pull Rite 4400 Super Glide Hitch

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast