User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: GFCI wiring

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Rabidd;367915]Sparky I took a GFI tester and checked each outlet labeled GFI when I first had the problem and no power to any that is why I figured it had to be a circuit breaker but with no breaker labeled GFI hard to figure out.[/QUOTE

Rabidd, Let me know when you want to do the troubleshooting... I'm confident I can walk you through it and figure it out.
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 05-06-2021 at 08:44 AM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Cycle all the breakers in your power panel then try to rest the GFCI in the bathroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabidd View Post
    Sparky I took a GFI tester and checked each outlet labeled GFI when I first had the problem and no power to any that is why I figured it had to be a circuit breaker but with no breaker labeled GFI hard to figure out.
    Rabidd, Go to your distribution center, and literally click each breaker to the full off position, then back to the on position. Then check your outlets.
    To check your CB, you can take your multi-meter, and touch one lead to the hot side of the breaker, and the other lead to the neutral side. This will definitively tell you if you have a CB problem or a different problem. It is not that hard. The hot side will be at the CB, and the neutral side will be on the neutral bus bar in the distribution center (most common is a white wire).

If you have power going into all CB, then the problem is elsewhere.

I do understand that the breakers may be mis-labeled, I am confident that this is a simple circuit breaker tripped, or bad circuit breaker. I wish I could be more help.

Good Luck
    Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Rabidd, Go to your distribution center, and literally click each breaker to the full off position, then back to the on position. Then check your outlets.
    To check your CB, you can take your multi-meter, and touch one lead to the hot side of the breaker, and the other lead to the neutral side. This will definitively tell you if you have a CB problem or a different problem. It is not that hard. The hot side will be at the CB, and the neutral side will be on the neutral bus bar in the distribution center (most common is a white wire).

If you have power going into all CB, then the problem is elsewhere.

I do understand that the breakers may be mis-labeled, I am confident that this is a simple circuit breaker tripped, or bad circuit breaker. I wish I could be more help.

Good Luck
    Bill
    I was able to walk him through some troubleshooting and got him straightened out. Turns out there was a sub-panel behind the wall in the storage bay... even though GD told him there was no other panels!
    Tripped CB in the sub-panel and now he's good to go.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210508_164816.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	33996
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    I was able to walk him through some troubleshooting and got him straightened out. Turns out there was a sub-panel behind the wall in the storage bay... even though GD told him there was no other panels!

Great. The sub panel was behind a wall that had to be removed to gain access to it? Amazing
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Bill was just getting ready to post the picture. I would like the thank everyone who helped out by posting to the problem. A big shout out to Bill who helped with the trouble shooting and putting up with me and all my questions he is the best. It came down to there just had to be a sub panel somewhere Bill suggested removing the panel in the storage area and looking around and bingo there was the sub panel with tripped breaker. I hope any 320g owners and everyone else with other models that reads this if you have a GFI issues dig around the trailer there is probably a sub panel. I learned a lot about wiring and troubleshooting. Before I wrote this I sent a picture if the sub panel and location to the GD rep and hope she shares it with her team could have saved a lot of time.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post

Great job Bill. Glad this was solved. Now on to make new memories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is good info... what side of the storage access do you get access to the sub panel from? The drivers side or passengers side?

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tgarr1077 View Post
    This is good info... what side of the storage access do you get access to the sub panel from? The drivers side or passengers side?
    Forum hint: if you use "Reply With Quote" as I have done here (to the right of "Reply"), or tag the user like this: @tgarr1077, they will get a notification and know to look at your comment or question.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is on the passenger side of the 5th wheel, open storage area door. The first panel on the left side of the storage area mine had 3 screws easy to remove and that was where the circuit breaker panel was. My trailer is a 320G.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Great job Bill. Glad this was solved. Now on to make new memories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks...but I had the easy part, Rabidd had to do the work of removing devices, panel covers, and crawling around the storage compartment. I just sat on my couch across country in Pa and talked him through some troubleshooting. But I'm always glad to help out when I can.....40 years as an electrician helps, lol.
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast