Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimtheToolMan View Post
    Email response to me from Lippert:

Sent: Friday, June 19, 2020 8:40 AM
    To: xxxxxxxxx
    Subject: RE: Lipper Schwintek In-Wall Slide-Out System. Maintenance [ref:_00Di0aIhw._5001Y1Q8kLG:ref ]
    Good morning Tim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. This is a very old video and we are trying to get our tech publication team to take this down. We do not recommend using ANY lubricant on this system. The only thing you need to do is wash the slide rack, box and seals with Dawn dish soap and warm water and let air dry. That is it. No lubrication is needed. I have added a link to the Owner's Manual for assistance as well.

Page 12: https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001602.pdf

(edited by Tim, link has issues and I'm trying to correct)

Anthony Vega
    Customer Service Rep.
    Lippert Components
    P: 574.537.8900 | F: 574.534.7161

Page 12 states:
    System Maintenance
    It is recommended that when operating In-WallŪ Slide-out system in harsh environments (road salt, ice buildup, etc.) that the gear racks and seals be kept clean and free of debris. They can be washed with mild soap and water. Note: No grease or lubrication is necessary, and in some situations may be detrimental to the long-term dependability of the system.
    I couldn't get the link to work. After debugging, looks like the pdf file name is has a dash, not an underscore, in the file name. Thanks for sharing, very helpful!!

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001602.pdf
    Last edited by AmeliaKD; 05-09-2021 at 12:09 PM.
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 260RD Fifth wheel
    Solar 800 watt 400 ah

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See photo showing a dry lube vs CRC PL with PTFE after one hour.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dry Lube vs CRC Power lUBE with PTFE.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	34028

I just contacted Lippert again by email to confirm one more time their current position on using lubricants on slides but my last post said don't use lubricants on In Wall style slides per Lippert.
    Last edited by TimtheToolMan; 05-09-2021 at 04:02 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I guess one thing appears to be consistent - do not use lubricants. While I have not got this figured out yet, I thank everyone for the input. It should be a good enough day tomorrow to check a couple more this, then I'm done. It is better after releveling the rig. I'll check the battery, put some seal conditioner on the wipers and seals, and be done with it. If it's still doing it at the rally in September, they can look at it.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lippert support just replied by email today when asked to confirm or update their official position on In-Wall Slide-Out lubrication:

"We do not recommend lubricating the slide as it can attract dirt and debris to collect in the system. As Anthony stated previously, dawn dish soap and a good cleaning should do the trick."
    Last edited by TimtheToolMan; 05-13-2021 at 02:46 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234