Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who's to Blame?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    My husband fastened a strip of aluminum to the face of the cap to act as a handle for taking the cap on and off. It helps a lot, he says.
    I would love to see pics of what he did, if you're willing. I have problems with mine, and am really interested.
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 MC DRW

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralindon View Post
    So my question is, is closing those valves something the dealer should ALWAYS do or is this on me?
    Everything to do with everything you own is your responsibility. That doesn't mean you can't have your dealer fix something that you find during or after your PDI but it's always your responsibility. I always assume that any time somebody else works on something I own that it will be done incorrectly. That's why I do as much of my own work as I can.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    You will not always receive affirmation here. You will usually receive solid problem solving information to increase your knowledge and solve a problem.

Chalk that open tank valve to a learning curve and your education and move on. The learning curve can be steep in some instances but we have all been where you are. Enjoy the journey. RV the movie regards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C0bpTLEmZw
    Those are sage words of wisdom. x2
    Jeff & Sandy
    2021 GD 260RD Fifth Wheel ~ Snoopy
    2012 F250 Super Duty 6.7L Turbo Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Huh?
    How do you connect a sewer hose with the end caps on?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    The cap fit inside the hose and it was black so I didn't see it.
    Don't know why they were even there. They went straight into the dumpster shortly thereafter.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we had to learn the hard way on ours too, so you aren’t alone. We have a 2021 and after about 5 trips, sewage immediately flowed out when taking off the black tank cap. Dealer told me that the gate valve may be faulty saying that is a very common problem...apparently when they checked it out they said it was fine. It happens off and on, and the handles were pushed in. So we will always proceed with caution and have a bucket there if not right at the dump station! If it keeps up, they will be hearing from us again!

We did invest in a secondary valve since we don’t want to deal with this in the future.
    Last edited by TerBear; 05-24-2021 at 06:54 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck.N View Post
    I would love to see pics of what he did, if you're willing. I have problems with mine, and am really interested.
    When I get a chance (well, we're out traveling for a couple of months now). When I get where the internet is better, I'll see what I can find. Not sure I have a picture, but I could take one in the meantime.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found these to be perfect for helping a stubborn sewer cap:

https://www.harborfreight.com/oil-fi...ers-61477.html
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2600 RB
    TOW vehicle- 2023 Ram 2500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4.10 rear end, tow package with trailer blind spot and air suspension. Max payload- 2869

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I pulled up to my last campsite to fill the fresh tank, I noticed my black valve was open and the handle gone. I must have caught a rock or something driving down the interstate. I dreaded opening up that cap at the end of the weekend but had a bucket ready and some gloves. Ended up better than expected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234