User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We store our main one in the bumper and a spare one in a dedicated plastic container in the truck bed.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Dave, it you look closely, you will see a piece of aluminum angle that is attached to the mid-leveler leg.....the part that has multiple holes in it. I drilled the angle to match the existing holes (no new holes drilled in the leveler leg support), and then bolted the angle to it. This was done the same way on the other side of the trailer (curbside that you cannot see). So the fence tube rests on the top of that angle on both sides. The I used some metal strapping like you use to make pipe hangers and bolted that to the angle, then up, over, and down to the other side of the fence post, then bolted it on that side too.....same exact procedure on the curbside of the trailer. To me, it would be more secure sitting on top of a bracket (aluminum angle) and bolted/strapped down, than to be hanging from strapping that would be bolted to the bottom of the trailer. Hope that helps.

And if you also look closely, the bottom of the fence tube is higher up than say the axle tubes, so there should be no danger of it hitting anything or making contact with anything.
    Ah, I see. Very convenient to have that leveling post right in the right spot. It looks great tucked up there. Definitely higher that the black/gray tank drain.
    Pretty sure my trailer will be similar to that frame rail set up. I should be able to attach the fence post with some bracketry that will work OK.

Again, nice job and thanks for the idea!

-Dave
    Joanne and Dave
    Retired Controller - Boston ARTCC, Area E
    2021 Toyota Tundra CrewMax, 5.7L V8
    2021 XLS 22MLE (We LOVE it!)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ATCDave View Post
    Ah, I see. Very convenient to have that leveling post right in the right spot.
    Another way to mount the fence posts is with beam clamps (Lowes sells them). You can search the forum for beam clamps and/or fence posts to see other pictures.

This is how I mounted ours.
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I see. Very convenient to have that leveling post right in the right spot. It looks great tucked up there. Definitely higher that the black/gray tank drain.
    Pretty sure my trailer will be similar to that frame rail set up. I should be able to attach the fence post with some bracketry that will work OK.

Again, nice job and thanks for the idea!

-Dave
    Thanks Dave....I got that plan from others who have done the same thing, I just had to make a good way to mount it on my trailer.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallBoxMaker View Post
    Another way to mount the fence posts is with beam clamps (Lowes sells them). You can search the forum for beam clamps and/or fence posts to see other pictures.

This is how I mounted ours.
    Just a word of caution when using beam clamps. I've used them for years and sometimes they have a tendency to work loose. Maybe use LockTite or a jamb nut when you install them.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, I did some internet snooping and found this hose storage project on another brand's RV forum.

It fleshes out the process a bit with pics and descriptions - including xrated's above mentioned use of beam clamps.

Can't wait to get the trailer and put this mod together.

-Dave
    Last edited by ATCDave; 02-09-2021 at 09:47 PM.
    Joanne and Dave
    Retired Controller - Boston ARTCC, Area E
    2021 Toyota Tundra CrewMax, 5.7L V8
    2021 XLS 22MLE (We LOVE it!)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,

Noob question here: we're outfitting our new XLS 22MLE, expected to arrive this Spring.

Where do you store your sewer hoses? I've seen these plastic sewer storage tubes that would mount on the frame rails under the trailer. Anybody used them?

I'm a little leery about storing a wet hose inside the back bumper; wouldn't that eventually promote it rusting from the inside out? Thanks for the help!

-Dave in NH
    I use the plastic storage tube you are referring to. I mounted it close to the dump valve for convenience.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgist View Post
    I use the plastic storage tube you are referring to. I mounted it close to the dump valve for convenience.
    I purchased one of the Sewer Hose Holders from Camping World. Since I have powered stabilizers installed, i was not able to install it under the Trailer. Instead, I installed it on top of the trailer tongue, behind an aluminum battery box that I installed. I took some aluminum angle and cut them so as to fit the trailer frame. I drilled and tapped two 1/4-20 holes on each side of the tongue and bolted the angle to frame and the hose carrier to the angles. Worked out great. Additionally, I am only using one Battery, so there was room in the box to store the sewer connection fittings and the slinky that supports the hose. As another note, Since I store my trailer in a storage lot, I mounted a solar charger and controller on the lid of the battery box and made a plug so the I can directly connect the batter to it when its in storage. So, when I pick it up...the battery is fulling charged. It was a pain before to have to take the battery out and bring it home to keep it charged.
    Roger & Debbie
    2020 XLE 22 MLE
    2021 Chevy 1500 LTZ 4x4
    Crew Cab with, 6.2L V8 With HD Tow Pkg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reflection came with a long PVC like tube and the end cap locks. Holds 20' of hose. No issues.

I have an external tank we use when full hookup isn't available or is pricey. That is hung from the ladder and on the side of the ladder is a PVC tube for fittings and the 5' hose.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Bob View Post
    I store mine in a dedicated plastic (Rubbermaid IIRC) bin in the forward storage compartment. It holds three hose lengths and associated fittings.

My Rhino brand hose sections will not fit in the bumper due to the connection ends.
    We store ours just like @Capt Bob states. In a dedicated Rubbermaid tote
    Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus with factory tow package - 2 sway controllers
    TT Ready for boondocking with solar installed on roof

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast