User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it!
    But still a lot of things unknown. What are the axle specs, GVWR, CCC. With "H" rated tires probably pretty high ccc, most likely 7000# axles but is a question. MORryde suspension great. Disc brakes optional? No Schwintek slide great. What's the insulation like, truly 4 seasons/artic?? We like the windows. Looks to be electric 4 point leveling Ground Control 3.0, good, I don't like hydraulics. I like the big storage space and the large front and side cargo doors. Minimal nautilus selections, good, quick connect fittings. Don't like the on demand water heater for winter. Like the interior, bedroom, bathroom ok maybe not so much the shower glass doors, hard to keep clean.

Totally accessible fridg and bathroom with slides closed, super!

Not totally unlike our 3350RL rear Living. Tami likes the kitchen. At 34 foot a little small for us fulltiming would like it to be minimum 35-37 ft. MSRP @ $90K not totally out of the park, with discounts probably @ $75-80 range.

The only thing I don't like is the touch panel remote control stuff, like LCI one control, if it is LCI. This remote control stuff just doesn't have a good track record, yet. Would definitely be on our radar if we were looking. Availability around Jan 2023, it will make quite an impression, I think!
    Last edited by Steven@147; 10-04-2022 at 09:51 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    It appears both of the Fenech brothers (cofounders of GD) have become partners/owners with 2 key ex GD employees in the newly forming Brinkley RV company. First reports I read we they were going to the small rv market.. Just recently found out that Micha has been traveling with his family in the prototype 5th wheel getting feedback in the field from random RV owners... This may bear watching closely.

Other than that I agree with Steve about considering Alliance
    Yes, a lot of news hitting the general public on this over the last few weeks. The little I learned was already out there seen and talked about by many during and after Micah's apparent cross country trip and other stakeholders in the loop. I also saw the link to RV Business with the video from Bish's RV last week but just got a chance to look at it abit ago.......very impressive. It answered many questions that I had but still have a number as shared by others.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Don't think this first look video of the Brinkley fifth wheel has been posted elsewhere on the forum. https://www.youtube.com/watch?
    v=EkVMwlfPoCc

Some of the design elements, especially the nearly "maintenance-free roof" (although not a lot of specific details in video about the roof other than a general statement), may push GD to follow-suit and innovate. At least I hope it does.
    Maybe I'm a curmudgeon - or just the odd man out - and I'm prepared for the backlash. I can see a few things I like (like electric dump valves and maybe the slide mechanisms), but a whole lot of things I don't like. The layout is very similar to our Solitude 310 with a few thoughtful tweaks. Laura and I both absolutely hate the square countertops that so many manufacturers (including GD) are going to. They are bruises waiting to happen for us older folks. We're also not fans of the pale interiors (another old-fashioned preference on our part). Will the Rhino Box pin box be an issue if you want to switch to a dampened pin box? And what's the big deal about the 17.5s and LRH tires? GD's been doing that for a while. Seems like more hype than difference to me (and I'm not going to mention how irritating the guy in the video is to listen to...).

OK - back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 10-05-2022 at 07:48 AM.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Will the Rhino Box pin box be an issue if you want to switch to a dampened pin box?
    Should be ok to swap from the Rhino box, the below chart is from Morryde. I'm pretty sure our 398 will have the Rhino box, and my plan is to swap to the Morryde if I think it's needed. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20221004-175252_Adobe%20Acrobat.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	43281
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like more hype than difference to me (and I'm not going to mention how irritating the guy in the video is to listen to...).

Rob
    Hype sells, and yes that had to be the perkiest man I've seen in a long time.
    An in person look/see will be the telling tale. Now we have a reason to go to the upcoming winter Tampa RV show
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Hype sells, and yes that had to be the perkiest man I've seen in a long time.
    An in person look/see will be the telling tale. Now we have a reason to go to the upcoming winter Tampa RV show
    Yeah Marcy, He's a salesman. We fulltimers and techno-geeks are not the type of owners he would like to run into. I don't watch those Going RV television shows anymore, too much Hype, Tami likes them though.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also keep in mind that we group of baby boomers are not the target market any longer for RVs. These high energy, quirky, etc. marketing folks/youtubers/influencers are appealing to the younger generations of buyers......the new target market.

This same business strategy applies to the design, colors, features, "smart" systems, and much more which often don't get we more advanced generation folks enthused.

If our old tent from the late 70s (yes, we still have it) had AC/heat/BR/comfy furniture/no smart features lol.....Carol and I would be all over that !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I'm a curmudgeon - or just the odd man out - and I'm prepared for the backlash. I can see a few things I like (like electric dump valves and maybe the slide mechanisms), but a whole lot of things I don't like. The layout is very similar to our Solitude 310 with a few thoughtful tweaks. Laura and I both absolutely hate the square countertops that so many manufacturers (including GD) are going to. They are bruises waiting to happen for us older folks. We're also not fans of the pale interiors (another old-fashioned preference on our part). Will the Rhino Box pin box be an issue if you want to switch to a dampened pin box? And what's the big deal about the 17.5s and LRH tires? GD's been doing that for a while. Seems like more hype than difference to me (and I'm not going to mention how irritating the guy in the video is to listen to...).

Rob
    Wow, where do I start with the backlash? Just kidding. I'm not going to get into it actually other than to say you are comparing apples and oranges. This is a mid-profile 5th wheel that will cost at least $20,000 less than your GD 310 high-profile and yet it has a lot of features that yours does and some better ones. And Josh is our favorite RV reviewer as he covers everything, good and bad, about the RV's he's selling. His jokes sometimes fall flat, but he is entertaining sometimes but very thorough all the time. Did you notice that the review he did has 178,000 views in just over a week and he has 188,000 subscribers?

I have been looking at GD, Alliance and I will now be watching the Brinkley's for our next step up to a 5th wheel.
    Scott and Jenny
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
    2018 Ford F-150 XLT, 3.5 EB, Max Tow Pkg.
    ProPride Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a thumbs up for VanLeigh...👍

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had looked at the VanLeighs at the Tampa RV show. They all looked like knock offs of grand Design. They didn't appear to be any better built. In fact there were some things that I didn't like. The cabinet doors seemed to be pretty flimsy for one thing. When you opened the door they would wobble like they weren't built very well. It was a few years ago we saw them so I don't remember a lot. I didn't think bad of them but I didn't see where they were any better the Grand Design. Just knock offs of Grand Design.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast