User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Gough View Post
    The other item to make note of is that the roof must be inspected at least every quarter and the inspection must be documented.
    For me, that means there really isn't any warranty....
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    For me, that means there really isn't any warranty....
    This!

Show of hands who has documented quarterly inspections?
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody. These warranties are pretty much useless. I’m currently dealing with a roof issue with my beloved General RV. I thought they would stand behind their work as the said. Especially after the damage was a result of their people running another RV into the side of mine. Roof and sidewall damaged. The Luan they installed under the new TPO has popped up. They told me they staple the new substrate down. This is popped after 1 year. Sorry Mr. Gough your 90 day warranty is up. It will now cost me 6-8 grand to replace.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody. These warranties are pretty much useless. I’m currently dealing with a roof issue with my beloved General RV. I thought they would stand behind their work as the said. Especially after the damage was a result of their people running another RV into the side of mine. Roof and sidewall damaged. The Luan they installed under the new TPO has popped up. They told me they staple the new substrate down. This is popped after 1 year. Sorry Mr. Gough your 90 day warranty is up. It will now cost me 6-8 grand to replace.
    I am confused. What does sealant on a roof have to do with an accident the dealer had?

What needs replaced?

When a dealer causes damage maybe the best thing to do is call your insurance company

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless the dicor was directly attributable to the roof failure, alpha would still be responsible. Of course they would deny, drag it out in a court and litigation would cost more than roof repair. Honestly, after 4 years with our, I can't tell you which sealant I have used each time. If an area looks suspect or a screw is backing out, I think I use alpha product according to the package.

Preventative maintenance is key. Yes, I inspect the roof at least 4 times a year and wash/clean the roof twice a year. Today was that day. I had three screws backing out, all on the king tv antenna. Cleaned with mineral spirits, retighten the screws and resealed. Washed the roof with spic and span and move on.

Camping season is here. Enjoy
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To my advantage General RV didn’t use Alpha sealants when they replaced my roof after damaging it on their lot. They are trying to stick me with the required repairs needed for the failed substrate they installed. Luan popping up. But after looking at the bill of goods they used I found they made a critical mistake not using Alpha. The 12 year Alpha warranty is void because of their negligence. I’m dealing with them now to get it fixed on their dime. I bought my Reflection 3 years ago at General RV and it’s spent 12 months on and off at their facility getting things done and redone. The first roof replacement took 3 months. It’s been there going on 6 months now getting the front cap repainted under a finish warranty I purchased from them.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully everyone realizes that the warranty is only for materials and not 1 penny for labor. The materials vs. labor is like comparing a bent penny to a $500 note. Then of course you'll have about 50 hoops to jump through and most likely rejected anyways.

Best advice to stay up on inspections and dicor anything that looks suspicious.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first roof replacement took 3 months
    It’s been there going on 6 months now getting the front cap repainted under a finish warranty I purchased from them.

Ever wonder what it is like to go camping?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is camper number 5 for me and my wife. I swear it’s the last. Camping is great fun with our friends, but the crap you have to deal with is unbelievable.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    Unless the dicor was directly attributable to the roof failure, alpha would still be responsible. Of course they would deny, drag it out in a court and litigation would cost more than roof repair. Honestly, after 4 years with our, I can't tell you which sealant I have used each time. If an area looks suspect or a screw is backing out, I think I use alpha product according to the package.

Preventative maintenance is key. Yes, I inspect the roof at least 4 times a year and wash/clean the roof twice a year. Today was that day. I had three screws backing out, all on the king tv antenna. Cleaned with mineral spirits, retighten the screws and resealed. Washed the roof with spic and span and move on.

Camping season is here. Enjoy
    Our neighbors here in wintering TX are too old to do what you and I do. I inspected their 3 year old Solitude and found several areas that need Alpha compound due to back out screws and water intrusion areas.

If you're not young enough to DIY, hire someone to inspect your roof once a year!
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast