User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lippert Components 1021 Low VOC Self-Leveling Lap Sealant, White (10.3 Oz. Tube)

Available on Amazon from the Lippert store itself. Lippert owns Alpha.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wacky Pup
    Exactly what I did and the sides of the trailer too.
    The 12 yr warranty is a sales pitch, it will always fall back on you.
    I took care of mine but was denied when I developed a soft spot that started under my AC unit.
    How many people check there and remove the unit once a year? Grand Design blamed me for not checking the foam seal.
    Once denied I decided to fix it myself rather than pay $5500 for a new roof.
    The seal was not leaking, GD had terminated the TPO incorrectly and stapled on top of the roof and outside the gasket. Once the condensation from the AC rusted the staples, a perfect hole left a entry for water to get between the TPO and OSB.
    OSB doesn’t take long to expand and soften once exposed to water.
    Wish I could show my pictures on here
    Unless I agreed to throw $5500 down, nobody cared to see what I found which was GD manufacturing issue

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stay tuned!!!

I wanted to reach out and update you on our conversation from Tuesday. Alphas stance continues to be the same as we discussed on the phone that the use of Dicor on your roof does not or has not voided the warranty. We have had internal discussions with our team and wanted to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Thank you

Mike

Mike Zuern

Director of National Accounts

Alpha Systems

As you know nothing said, written or implied can change the existing warranty that says void of warranty. But if you won’t mind sending me a modified warranty signed by an authorized Alpha representative that states Dicor, Hengs, and Novagard products can be substituted for Alpha products and this substitution will in no way void the Alpha warranty of the Alpha Superflex TPO roof. I will accept that.

I’ll wait to hear back from you,

Thanks,
    Ron

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading the warranty it states it is only good to the original buyer. So if you buy a used one your screwed. You have no warranty.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just picked my unit up today from General RV. It’s been in since January getting the front cap repainted under an additional warranty. The first attempt was an unbelievable mess. The only reason I took it to them is that the warranty was sold by General RV at purchase.
    Before I left I went up on the roof to see if more Luan is pulling under the roof membrane. Yes more staples and Luan are coming up.

They run a unit into the side of 2018 unit in 2019. 1yr old. Roof was replaced sidewall repaired. They used the wrong material on the roof everything started coming apart within a years time. “Sorry your 90 day warranty is up”
    The roof must be completely replaced and they are Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2015 Reflection 303RLS. The roof is only 6 years old and has around 15 large wrinkles (1”x12”) and severe cracking at front of rig. GD referred me to Dicor and Dicor referred me back to GD stating it looks like an installation problem. Now, as soon as they were told I’m the second owner they said the warranty is not transferable. So, there’s a 12 year warrant on the roof but not being the original owner I’m screwed? So, do I have any reason to continue pursuing this or I’m I waiting my time?
    Thank you

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately in my estimate you would be wasting your time. The industry is a mess. They all say they stand behind their work. They just want you out the door. As soon as the Japanese enter the market these jokers will go the way of Ford, GM and Chrysler. People work too hard for their money. Getting substandard product at a ridiculous price won’t last if there’s an alternative.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my most recent “probably the last” correspondence with Consumer Relations Manager at Grand Design RV Austin Paulus. Just another COG IN THE WHEEL. They claim to care about their costumers but the have shown me otherwise.

Austin,

(Me)Your trying to represent something your not. That is an advocate to the Grand Design purchaser that is being ******** on by your distributor. I told you what my next moves are and I will be happy to mention your name and how you did your utmost to get the dealer to “stand behind their work”. This is not your finest hour.

(Austin)Thank you for sending this over, here is what I also had gathered. Management here at Grand Design met with Alpha systems management, dicor is okay to use on their roof however, alpha products should not be used on dicor products.
    (Me)Please read the warranty “This warranty shall be void if any component in the Alpha Roof Membrane is not an Alpha product.” ((That’s pretty clear where I come from))
    I don’t care who had meetings with who and who said what. A black and white warranty is a device design to keep people from making false claims about their product. I’m I seriously having to tell you this! I didn’t just fall off the turnip truck!

(Austin)Also, the luan, if the luan is lifting that needs to be inspected by the dealer. I was also informed that we do staple and also screw the luan in place. Therefore how the dealer installed it is not incorrect. If the luan is lifting than that is a problem, to add on to that, the luan is about 3/8” thick, some flex may happen but if its truly coming up then yes that has to be looked at.
    (Me)If the luan is coming up it sure as hell was installed incorrectly and it’s coming up. “Really”
    General RV did inspect the roof “Greg Rice the service manager at General RV Ashland told me the roof needs to be replaced”
    Grand Design Service person told me the 3/8” substrate they installed is screwed down at the truss. I suspect non-critical areas may have been stapled. Maybe you should call your service people give them my VIN. # and see what they say. I have already.
    I doubt the luan General RV installed is 3/8”. Grand Design’s substrate 3/8” their luan is attached to it.

(Austin)Lastly, going back to the dicor sealant, again I strongly advise to take the offer from General RV that provided you with quarterly inspections on your roof. General RV recognized the mistake and they are offering that as peace of mind.
    (Me)I guess your weren’t listening to me when I told you I’m 2 hours away from their facility.
    Hookup 1/2 hour
    Travel down 2 hours
    Wait while service is done 1 hour
    Travel home 2 hours
    Unhook 1/2 hour
    Fuel $45.00
    Plus time off my job @ $100.00 an hour

How does that make sense and offer any compensation to me.

(Austin)I know you have a concern if something were to happen down the road, if something were to happen, give me a call. We will discuss further at that time.
    (Me)Austin I’m truly sorry you wasted my time, I will try to get word back to Jerry about how you acted on the behalf of the consumer.

Great job I expect you’ll do well in this world. Be proud your a can do kinda guy. I only hope you experience similar crap in your life.

Best wishes,
    The Gough Family

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Gough View Post
    This is my most recent “probably the last” correspondence with Consumer Relations Manager at Grand Design RV Austin Paulus. Just another COG IN THE WHEEL. They claim to care about their costumers but the have shown me otherwise.

Austin,

(Me)Your trying to represent something your not. That is an advocate to the Grand Design purchaser that is being ******** on by your distributor. I told you what my next moves are and I will be happy to mention your name and how you did your utmost to get the dealer to “stand behind their work”. This is not your finest hour.

(Austin)Thank you for sending this over, here is what I also had gathered. Management here at Grand Design met with Alpha systems management, dicor is okay to use on their roof however, alpha products should not be used on dicor products.
    (Me)Please read the warranty “This warranty shall be void if any component in the Alpha Roof Membrane is not an Alpha product.” ((That’s pretty clear where I come from))
    I don’t care who had meetings with who and who said what. A black and white warranty is a device design to keep people from making false claims about their product. I’m I seriously having to tell you this! I didn’t just fall off the turnip truck!

(Austin)Also, the luan, if the luan is lifting that needs to be inspected by the dealer. I was also informed that we do staple and also screw the luan in place. Therefore how the dealer installed it is not incorrect. If the luan is lifting than that is a problem, to add on to that, the luan is about 3/8” thick, some flex may happen but if its truly coming up then yes that has to be looked at.
    (Me)If the luan is coming up it sure as hell was installed incorrectly and it’s coming up. “Really”
    General RV did inspect the roof “Greg Rice the service manager at General RV Ashland told me the roof needs to be replaced”
    Grand Design Service person told me the 3/8” substrate they installed is screwed down at the truss. I suspect non-critical areas may have been stapled. Maybe you should call your service people give them my VIN. # and see what they say. I have already.
    I doubt the luan General RV installed is 3/8”. Grand Design’s substrate 3/8” their luan is attached to it.

(Austin)Lastly, going back to the dicor sealant, again I strongly advise to take the offer from General RV that provided you with quarterly inspections on your roof. General RV recognized the mistake and they are offering that as peace of mind.
    (Me)I guess your weren’t listening to me when I told you I’m 2 hours away from their facility.
    Hookup 1/2 hour
    Travel down 2 hours
    Wait while service is done 1 hour
    Travel home 2 hours
    Unhook 1/2 hour
    Fuel $45.00
    Plus time off my job @ $100.00 an hour

How does that make sense and offer any compensation to me.

(Austin)I know you have a concern if something were to happen down the road, if something were to happen, give me a call. We will discuss further at that time.
    (Me)Austin I’m truly sorry you wasted my time, I will try to get word back to Jerry about how you acted on the behalf of the consumer.

Great job I expect you’ll do well in this world. Be proud your a can do kinda guy. I only hope you experience similar crap in your life.

Best wishes,
    The Gough Family
    I am still confused about this entire thread

What does the sealant have to do with anything?

I asked over a week ago but you didn’t respond

I don’t believe I am the only one who hasn’t a clue what your issue is

Wasn’t all this roof damage caused by an accident?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a warning.
    The wrong sealant voids the Alpha roof warranty. Per Alpha warranty department, the roof manufacturer.
    Yes my roof was damaged by General RV. Replaced using the wrong products per Alpha. And now the stapled luan under the TPO is coming up. I did vent regarding my experiences with these folks. At this point I’m wanting to tell people never accept anything spoken. If it’s not written down it’s worthless.
    An expensive learning experience for me.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast