User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    The 3540 has the washer prep on the driver's side of the closet and the dryer prep on the curb side.
    Thank you, much Steve !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    The 3540 has the washer prep on the driver's side of the closet and the dryer prep on the curb side.
    Thank you for that info. With the price increases may have to get real serious real soon.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Thank you for that info. With the price increases may have to get real serious real soon.
    Gary - I know a number of us have had a several of posts and threads over the last some years on which camper will replace our current RV. I know you and Marcy are kinda high on the 3540 for various reasons one of them being the high cargo capacity of which many of us agree and like.

I saw a 2020 Solitude 310 posted for sale a few days ago loaded with several options and 8K axles/Cooper H rated tires. The yellow tire and loading sticker indicated an 18K GVWR v.s. the standard 15K for the 310. An yes, the CCC went up another 3K.

The reason for pointing this out is I suspect that the 8K axles/Cooper H rated tires will raise the GVWR and thus the CCC of other Solitudes as well making some of the other floorplans that we liked (but lacking CCC) now real contenders as well.

My apologies to the OP but thought you and others here may find this interesting as well.

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Gary - I know a number of us have had a several of posts and threads over the last some years on which camper will replace our current RV. I know you and Marcy are kinda high on the 3540 for various reasons one of them being the high cargo capacity of which many of us agree and like.

I saw a 2020 Solitude 310 posted for sale a few days ago loaded with several options and 8K axles/Cooper H rated tires. The yellow tire and loading sticker indicated an 18K GVWR v.s. the standard 15K for the 310. An yes, the CCC went up another 3K.

The reason for pointing this out is I suspect that the 8K axles/Cooper H rated tires will raise the GVWR and thus the CCC of other Solitudes as well making some of the other floorplans that we liked (but lacking CCC) now real contenders as well.

My apologies to the OP but thought you and others here may find this interesting as well.

Dan

Thank you Dan. I have thought about that of being able to put bigger axles on them. As there have been trailers we liked like the 375 but cc was way too low. That also raises the prices quite a bit. The 310 is a very nice trailer but when we took a good look at it, it has less storage inside than our 303 does. Storage is a premium, don't know how we collect so much. Besides the cc of the s classes there are other features of the s class that we like. We don't care for the frame less windows as they don't open very wide. We also like that the s class have electric levelers rather than hydraulic, seems like less to go wrong.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We also like that the s class have electric levelers rather than hydraulic, seems like less to go wrong.
    And if it does, you can put the jacks up or down manually with a ratchet. I know this all too well!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    And if it does, you can put the jacks up or down manually with a ratchet. I know this all too well!
    You guys are making me feel like a presidential candidate... I’m waffling between I picked well and I blew it... 😂 lol

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post

Dan
    That's good news for those that really want the Solitude. I had run into a few Solitude owners that were disappointed in their ccc. Maybe GD realized this from owner feedback and changed the Solitudes to the heavier axles?

Our 3350RL S has the same washer/dryer configuration, washer on street side, dryer on curb. Its really a personal preference purchasing a Solitude or the S Class Solitude. For us the S is just what we wanted. Now if we would ever have to replace our rig it would probably be another S Class either the 3540 or possibly the 2930.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to the OP's query, here are three differences that come to mind when I was comparing the 2930RL and the 310GK:
    * Hydraulic versus Electric leveling system
    * S-Class does not get the central vacuum system
    * S-Class has a 12 cubic foot fridge, the full Solitudes 18 cubit foot

For us the deal breaker was the bathroom vanity in the slide of the 2930 was too short for me to see myself in the mirror. But having lived with our 310GK for 18 months, we love the larger fridge with our longer trips.

Best regards,
    Chris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We spent about 4 hours yesterday walking back and forth between 3 Solitude 378MBS-Rs and two S-Class 3550s. All had the Samsung residential fridge. One of each model had the new white fiberglass with stone interior. We also spent a few minutes in the S-Class 3740BH-R.

All of the previous posts cover most of the differences. But at the risk of repeating, these are the items that were significantly different to us (Solitude vs S-Class):

• MorRyde rubber pin box vs. Lippert 1621
    • Hydraulic leveling/slides (except master BR slide) vs electric leveling/slides
    • Insignia 4-burner range vs Furrion 3-burner Range
    • Insignia microwave without convection vs Furrion mw with convection
    • Adjustable pantry shelves and pull out drawers vs fixed pantry shelves, no drawers
    • 2 Maxxair fans vs 1 Maxxair fan
    • Option for 3rd ac vs no option for 3rd ac
    • Dinette table with extension mounted to wall vs pedestal table with no extension
    • solid core vs hollow core doors
    • upgraded shower fixtures and enclosure vs standard shower fixture
    • flip-down shower seat vs no shower seat
    • central vac and foot sweep vs no central vac
    • frameless windows vs framed windows (we prefer the wider opening of the latter)
    • more elaborate window valances and slide trim vs less detailed valances and trim

All of the units we looked at, except for a 7/2020 production date 3550, had the Cooper Roadmaster H-rated tires

Dinette chairs in all 5 units were different among each unit and seemed to be whatever 4 matching chairs happened to be at the Habitat Restore. The worst ones, as far as comfort, quality and looks, were on the most recent production 378.

The king mattress on the 378 seemed to be of slightly higher quality than the queen on the 3550, but that's like saying, "would you rather sleep on a bed of nails or a bed of screws?".

By the way, my wife and I settled on the 378. We asked the kids which one they liked, 378 or 3550? One said, 3740 and the other said, 395M .
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    We spent about 4 hours yesterday walking back and forth between 3 Solitude 378MBS-Rs and two S-Class 3550s. All had the Samsung residential fridge. One of each model had the new white fiberglass with stone interior. We also spent a few minutes in the S-Class 3740BH-R.

All of the previous posts cover most of the differences. But at the risk of repeating, these are the items that were significantly different to us (Solitude vs S-Class):

• MorRyde rubber pin box vs. Lippert 1621
    • Hydraulic leveling/slides (except master BR slide) vs electric leveling/slides
    • Insignia 4-burner range vs Furrion 3-burner Range
    • Insignia microwave without convection vs Furrion mw with convection
    • Adjustable pantry shelves and pull out drawers vs fixed pantry shelves, no drawers
    • 2 Maxxair fans vs 1 Maxxair fan
    • Option for 3rd ac vs no option for 3rd ac
    • Dinette table with extension mounted to wall vs pedestal table with no extension
    • solid core vs hollow core doors
    • upgraded shower fixtures and enclosure vs standard shower fixture
    • flip-down shower seat vs no shower seat
    • central vac and foot sweep vs no central vac
    • frameless windows vs framed windows (we prefer the wider opening of the latter)
    • more elaborate window valances and slide trim vs less detailed valances and trim

All of the units we looked at, except for a 7/2020 production date 3550, had the Cooper Roadmaster H-rated tires

Dinette chairs in all 5 units were different among each unit and seemed to be whatever 4 matching chairs happened to be at the Habitat Restore. The worst ones, as far as comfort, quality and looks, were on the most recent production 378.

The king mattress on the 378 seemed to be of slightly higher quality than the queen on the 3550, but that's like saying, "would you rather sleep on a bed of nails or a bed of screws?".

By the way, my wife and I settled on the 378. We asked the kids which one they liked, 378 or 3550? One said, 3740 and the other said, 395M .
    Appreciate you taking the time to post these details. Timely post as Carol and I walked through a few Solitudes and "Ss" too this past Saturday to see what the current production differences are. Three had the new interiors and one 390 was also the new white exterior. One 3540 had the older interior.

We talked about the differences you shared but did not check out the pantry differences nor the door differences you mention. Will need to take a closer look next time.

Carol made it clear she does not like the white (cotton) nor the mustard as she calls it (stone) furniture of the regular Solitude. The "S" color mustard (Stone) .....is OK and cotton still a no go. The Stone in the "S" was clearly a different color (more light tanish) and a slightly different style in the RVs we looked at.

Again - thanks, for sharing your summary of the differences......good stuff !

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast